Skyrim - Do you still play?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Oblivious, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Oblivious

Oblivious Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was just wondering who still plays the game. I haven't actively played in more than a year, yet it's still installed in my Steam library 'just in case'.

Do you still play the game? If you do, have you heavily modded it to keep it interesting or do you play the vanilla version?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still play it from time to time but I just got really bored of it. Mods definitely spice up the game and I have a couple but I like the vanilla version also.

3. FruitCakeFairy

I play occasionally, but I think I'm kinda done with the game. Like FuZyon said the mods are fun, but for me I'm just bored of it for now. I know sometime in the future I'll get an itching to play again, like I do with pretty much every other game.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope. I'm mostly done with Skyrim, especially with Fallout 4 coming soon, and even a new Elder Scrolls game potentially.

5. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not really, if I could remove all my knowledge about Skyrim I would. The fact that I 100% know what happens in the storyline and most quests makes it seem boring. Obviously the game is intended to be an open world game but I find most of the dungeons in the game to be quite dull actually - a lot of the things end up being the same. If there's anything that'll bring me back to Skyrim, it would be mods.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope, it's been almost 2 years since I played Skyrim. The game was fun but I finished the game 3 times and I also played it with mods.

7. rubinblau

rubinblau New Member

I play irregularely. I bought it when it was on sale on steam and played it a lot for about a week. When school started again I had to study more, and didn't have a lot of time for gaming. I play it maybe every two or three days now, just going around and looting peoples pockets or houses.

8. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still play it from time to time, but not that much or not that often, tho. I played it a lot before, and have racked up over 400 of my hours on it, and I don't really know what else there is to do in the game. Maybe I should try some of those mods that add quests and new areas, that would keep me interested. I completed everything and anything that there is in the game, including both of the DLCs, and I built a house thanks to Hearthfire. However, my sister is still playing it a lot. She's playing very often, she racked up 500 of her own hours on the game, at least.

9. SunnyArc

SunnyArc Member

Skyrim is actually one of my favourite games so yes I still play it once a week or so on PC. I have a few mods on there that really enhance the game and make it look a lot nicer on my PC, I also prefer using my mouse and keyboard than I did playing it on my xbox with the controller for my first playthrough.

I have around 300 or so hours in the game so far and I imagine it will continue to rise until a new Elder Scrolls is launched or until I purchase ESO

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I`m not really playing anymore, because I`m caught up with work or other games, but seeing as how many cool mods popped up over the years, I`m definitely going to start a new playthrough. For the 4th time. :D

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I never got to play it! :( Once I have enough money for a PS3, I plan on playing it. My one friend STILL plays it almost every day, for at least an hour. She's trying to beat every single quest, completely.

12. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually play it on and off whenever I'm bored, or I want to kill dragons. I'm currently playing a female wood elf that fights everything with just her fists and crap armor to see how long I can last. As part of my challenge, she's not allowed the use of any magic so I have her max her skills in alchemy. I also made her an alcoholic so she will be chugging her own "moonshine" which may or may not be potions to give her boosts during fighting.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  13. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

I should but I don't know where to start with mods and I would want to mod it up first.

14. Zarentu

Zarentu Active Member

I mostly keep Skyrim in steam as like you said a "Just in case" because Skyrim is a game I can play if my Internet goes out. I still play it from time to time though as the world needs the Dragonborn, plus I kind of want to complete every quest and side quest there is. Plus with modding you can basically do whatever you want to the game so it never gets old.

15. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

Not at this particular moment in time, but I'm sure I will be playing it soon. I usually go back and play each Elder Scrolls game (aside from number one and two) once a year. I just finished up Oblivion with a melee character (somethi9ng I've never done before) and will probably start Skyrim again son.

16. Jacob Thomas

Jacob Thomas New Member

Hi, my first post here is this one. I loved skyrim when i first got it. and as i played i didn't get bored. Yet when i beat the main quest line and thieves guild, dark brotherhood, college of winterhold. I still wanted to play. But other side quests just couldn't keep my interest. Maybe it was just that I was really OP and it was too easy, but I got bored. So I quit playing Skyrim for a few years. And occasionally on a really boring day I will play for a few hours, but do nothing important just screw around.

17. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

You don't have a 360 you could play it on? Also, I'm pretty sure the PS3 version was screwed out of a DLC (can't remember which one), so if you want to play the game with nothing missing, you should go PC or 360.

18. riordaan

riordaan Member
    Regular

I haven't had much time for games lately, unfortunately, but yes! I only got into it a few years ago, but I was hooked pretty much before I played it (had to get a new graphics card to even run it). Honestly, it's really hard for a game to keep my attention for very long. Maybe because I tend to gravitate towards free MMOs and I'm not very social... But I always come back to Skyrim. Especially with mods. I think, with my re-roll addiction always causing me to start over, I still haven't experienced everything the game has to offer.

19. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

I still sometimes play it. It is a truly great and a fun game to play for me, even though I have played it for a very long time already. There are new games out there that I like to play too.

20. Vivi3030

Vivi3030 Member

I still play with some mods attached. I like to give the game a challenge so I added the Deadly Dragons mod. I also like to keep the immersion so I added the armor and weapon mods that help give the game some replayability. Lastly, I didn't like the perk trees, so I changed them up with a mod. :) It's like playing a whole different game, I love it!

pmk1996 likes this.