Siege weapons overview!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Silas, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

Let’s take a look at the machines of mayhem you can build in WvW.

Trebuchets — Earlier I described how keeps and towers were extremely well protected—how could one ever hope to break through such formidable defenses? Might I suggest launching huge, flaming balls of destruction from your very own trebuchet? This long-range death dealer is a high-value target that often attracts enemy counterattacks, so make sure to protect your trebuchet!

Arrow Carts — These deadly projectile launchers can blanket a small area with arrows, easily cutting down flesh-and-blood enemies, but they are largely ineffective against walls and gates. Catapults — A good choice for taking down walls and gates, catapults attack a larger area than arrow carts, so they can also be very effective in putting the hurt on a tight group of enemies.

Ballistae — These siege weapons launch giant bolts that can pierce their target, dealing large amounts of damage to players, gates, and walls alike.

Siege Golems — Do you need to bash down a gate? My friend, you need a siege golem. That’s right: in world vs. world you can build your very own asuran golem, a robotic juggernaut that will smash things for you—albeit at a leisurely pace. It takes a lot of power to mobilize something that awesome, so the golems don’t move very quickly. They also don’t have much in the way of ranged attacks, but once a siege golem gets close enough to start bashing on a door, that door is in trouble.

This link shows some awesome PvP siege weapon pictures..
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1248034/guild_wars_2_arenanet_details_world_vs_world_team_warfare.html

2. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Siege golems remind me of the siege vehicles in wintergrasp for WoW (sorta) because of their use being for knocking down the gate.

3. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

Youre right, but i like these more cus of the looks. They look so badass dont you think? I think Arenanet is doing everything right so far, cant wait to play this awesome game and maybe with some fellow forum people :)

4. WombatVengeance

5. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

Seen this before (or something similar) but thanks for sharing, bet others didn't know this

6. Fumo

Fumo Member

very interesting.