Side thread to RP part 10.

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Clear Sky Stalker, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Okay people, for those of you (and us) who plan to join RP by EVENTUALLY meeting with the group, you can post here. please note that If you plan to meet with the main group right away, then go straight to part 10. This thread is ONLY for RP'ers who plan to post background as to what their character was doing before meeting with the main group, also once you have "found" the main group in this thread, then you can post in part 10.

UPDATE #1: You MUST put your RP character's name in your signature, this so the main group group and the "side" groups here can tell who you are more easily.

#1 Clear Sky Stalker, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  2. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

"Possibly, But If we're going to do this we're going to have to split up." I said in response to Prizraks question. "Because to be honest, we aren't exactly swimming in filters right now and I don't want to die by chocking to death. so what do you think?" I asked, I looked around and noticed Dolgov was staring into space, at least that's what I assumed he was doing. 'hm' I seem to be assuming a lot more than I used to, as I stepped out the classroom I jumped when I saw mutated insects skittering across the floor away from the, it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all running away from the same place. The staircase I had previously put my cross hairs over. 'Prizrak if we're going to do this, then lets hurry." I said, unnerved from the army of insects. Then it got darker and I remembered one thing, it was almost Night.

3. M4$0N

M4$0N Well-Known Member

"Alright. I'll go upstairs with Dolgov, you check the basement, see if you can find the building's generator. Dolgov, you're with me." I said as I turned towards the staircase.

4. Storchburp

Storchburp Well-Known Member

I eyeball Prizrak wordlessly and begin climbing the stairs ahead of him. One of the roaches bumps into my foot and scrambles up my leg before realising it wasn't getting any closer to the exit. It opens its wings and takes off from my knee, whirring through the still air in a zig-zag path but following the same direction as the others scurrying across the ground.

I pay it no heed.

Amidst the thud of our footsteps, yet another noise can be heard faintly above us. It is much fainter than the sound of the door closing previously. A single, shuffling scrape along the ground, rather like the sound of a someone or something that was standing still turning on its heels to await our arrival.

5. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

In response to RP 10 post: Understood SB.

I nodded at prizraks answer and began to head down the hallway past the stairs, as I trekked along, I thought about prizraks answer from before about my question to his reason for being here. He had said how his father told him of the "emerald city" and how its people would bring back safety and peace to the metro. I scoffed at that, as long as there were Nazis, reds, bandits, and many other factions, the metro would always be at war until its people put down their arms and embraced peace. But I long ago gave up such peaceful notions after my station and squad was killed, maybe I was biased and didn't give a fair look at either side, but at this point I didn't care.

I paused In my thinking upon coming across a door that had"Basement" marked on it. I tried the handle, only to find it locked, I got ready on the right side and raised my AK and fired at the handle. I reversed kicked the door in before I looked down the stairs into the pitched blackness, I contemplated going back for the others, I shook my head and turned on my tact-light and helmet light before descending into the underground room.

6. M4$0N

M4$0N Well-Known Member

As we walked up the staircase, the sound of a single gunshot rung through the air, and after that, a loud running noise came from above, as if someone was scared by the gunshot. "Watch out for mutants." I whispered as we finished climbing the staircase. It led to a corridor. there were multiple doors on the left side, windows on the other. and all doors were closed, except one. I whispered to Dolgov "Stay here.". I clenched the barrel tightly as I got closer to the room. When I entered the room, I saw something that almost made me wet my pants. Nosalises surrounding me from every direction. Eight of them, one occupied the doorway, and that reduced my chances of getting out of that damn place without a fight to zero. I yelled "Dolgov! Get Jack and get the hell out of this damn place, I'll find you guys later". Then I quickly turned to the mutant standing in the doorway, shooting it. I ran out to the hallway, but after I barely got out of the room, a mutant slammed into me, sending me flying into the window on the other side of the narrow hallway and I hit the floor with a loud crack, and pain filled my left leg. I broke my leg, great. Just great. Four mutants jumped out of the building, gathering in a circle around their fallen prey. Wait, four? I only got one of them, where are the other three? Damn, my comrades are in trouble.

#6 M4$0N, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2013
  7. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

There were steps sounding all around me, But every time I looked in the direction of one of the noise's, it disappeared. Most people in the metro were afraid of the so called Ghost's, But I had long gotten over the sounds they make and shadows they project, the only reason I even bothered looking was to make sure it wasn't a mutant sneaking up on me.

I stepped through a doorway after getting to the bottom of the stairs and walking a short distance, I continued into the darkness finding nothing but janitorial supplies. after a few minutes of searching, I was about ready to give up when I saw a small piece of red machinery glint from my tact-light, I walked over to it and smirked when I saw a small portable generator. I tried to pick it up and failed after discovering that it was heaver than it seemed, I turned around and started to head back up stairs to see if I could get Prizrak to help me lug the Damn thing. I stopped cold at hearing shot's and growls coming from above me, I ran as fast as my legs would carry me to the sounds.

#7 Clear Sky Stalker, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013
  8. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

for the new comers in the RP, can you please put the name of your RP character in your signature, so I know who is the character talking? otherwise, it gets a bit confusing. thanx guys.

9. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

Hello guys and gals, for you who don't know, my character is Alek and with him he has Lt Dmitri (who must always be referred to as such) and Nik. We're a bunch of Revolutionaries, like the Red Line but more friendly and more prone to sharing goods and material. So if you need something ask me and I'll be more than willing to re-distribute everything! I have to get to the University and then re-join the main group. So what I think is a good idea is you guys help me get into the university, I get the books I need, you guys do whatever it is you need, then I bring you back into the main group. So I need to know where you guys are. Sound like a plan?

10. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

I'm cool with it, I'm sure the others will be to, at the moment we're near what I would guess is the science "wing" of the university since we we're just in a science classroom and we are trying to power up a machine called an autoclave that will sterilize our expired filters and "renew" them. most recent is that we split up with Dolgov(storchBurp) and Prizrak(M4$ON) going to clear the upper floors, and Jack(Me) heading to the basement to find a generator. Prizrak has just been attacked by mutants and broke his leg and is currently surrounded, Jack just found a portable generator too heavy to lift on his own and while heading back he heard the fighting and is hurrying to assist. storchBurp hasn't replied however so we're kinda waiting on him.

11. Storchburp

Hmmm...not quite what I was expecting, but might as well tie Jack and Prizrak back together.

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy like crazy for the past few days and returned nearly dropping from exhaustion.

I bolted as soon as I saw the nosalises, senses confused. Something wasn't right...why didn't I sense these creatures like I did in the past? In the tight confines of the hall, one of them manages to lunge and attempt to grab me, shredding the clothing and flesh on my right side, but I do not stop to acknowledge the gashes and flee back down the steps, down the hallway and into the night air outside.

Then I abruptly spin around.

Clinging to the outside of the building wall is a rarer female nosalise with a thin membrane of skin stretched behind her front and rear limbs like that of a gliding squirrel. Though less physically powerful than the males, she throws her head back and lets out an ringing, wailing squeal, sending a sonic shockwave through the air that renders me deaf for a few seconds, and I change direction, ironically running towards Prizrak in the dark where he lay.

The four male nosalises surrounding Prizrak suddenly pause and look over their shoulders, distracted by the wailing female. Their vocalisations change to that of low, almost purring grunts as they realised they had a female to seduce.

12. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

Welcome back man! I'm tired right know so I'll post in the morning.

13. M4$0N

M4$0N Well-Known Member

I frantically looked around for my weapons. My shotgun and twin pistols were scattered on the ground. I tried to crawl to one of my pistols and as I picked it up, I heard a deafening scream from the building that made the mutants turn to the source of the sound. I used this opportunity to fire several shots at the nearest mutant, killing it. "Alright, who's next?" I shouted, reaching for my knife.

#13 M4$0N, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  14. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

I clutched my ears, or rather the sides of my helmet, as a deafening shriek sounded through the air. After a few moments it stopped and I shook my head to clear the pain, I started forward again and stopped when I found two nosalies slowly creeping down the hallway towards me.

I raised my AK and fired the last 15 or so rounds in it, hitting and killing one of the nosalies as the other sprinted to me. I dropped my AK and unsheathed my knife and Right at the last second as the nosali started to jump into the air to tackle me, I leaned back until I fell on the ground and the nosali sailed right over me face first into the wall that was behind. Scrambling to be faster than the mutant while it was still recovering, I jumped on its back and began to stab it in the head repeatedly until it fell to the ground unmoving.

I slowly got off and pulled out my 45., and fired two rounds into its cut up head.I looked down at my hands that were covered in blood and clenched them for a moment fighting off the memories that threatened to come back, I shook my head and bent down picking up my AK and, while reloading it, started to head outside.

As soon as I stepped outside I could barely see due to the sun setting some time ago, I sighed before slinging my AK and pulling what look like a pistol with a short, fat barrel, it was flare gun I had found during my travels. It had only three flares and right now I needed one, I popped the flare into chamber and raised it to the sky, firing it and lighting up the whole area in a blood red color.

15. Storchburp

My normally hyper-sensitive hearing has been completely shut down as a result of the scream - it has affected me far worse than an average human. to make things worse, I was standing right in front of the female when she reacted, and my left eardrum has also ruptured. Blood-tinged fluid has begun seeping out. An injury like this would take weeks, maybe months to heal - if at all.

Having sprinted into the darkness without a light, I have become completely disorientated. I try to put as much distance between her and myself but am running blindly.

Jack's flare lights up the area and I risk turning around. I've covered a good one hundred and fifty yards or so and there is no sign of pursuit,so I stop running and begun walking back gingerly, cocking my good ear in the direction of the building.

Then the female wails again.

16. M4$0N

M4$0N Well-Known Member

The mutant's death scared it's friends and they were now spreading out, while still keeping me in their sights. I used this opportunity to stand up, and take a better look around me. The three mutants were beginning to form a circle around me. I quickly put the knife back in it's sheath and checked the clip in my pistol, and it was empty. I ejected the empty clip from the pistol and took another from my pocket and just as I was putting the clip into the pistol, a mutant pounced on me. I shielded my face from it's claws with my left arm and reached for my knife with the other. I stabbed the mutant's side with my knife repeatedly, until it's motionless body dropped on me. I pushed it's body off of me with one arm and got up painfully, the mutant's scratches burning my arm. just then, I saw a flare going up to the sky from somewhere near and suddenly, the last mutant was nowhere to be seen. It probably fled one I killed that last one. "Jack, Dolgov, are you alright?" I yelled, hoping to get their attention. Then, I heard another scream.

17. DrDarcy

Before long the sun had set, and we were well on our way to the university. Nightfall was quick in the metro, and we were nervous to get to university as fast as we could. We did not want to be caught outside in the pitch black. I hear the fearsome noises and growls of nosalises coming from within the university along with the unmistakable shots of 5.45 x 39 mm rounds in rapid succession. These weren't casual warning shots. This was a rapid fight for self-defence. I give one look at Lt Dmitri and Nik and we start making our way quickly towards the sounds.

A bright red flash soars through the sky, someone had lit a flare, in the dead of night. They need help. And help, we shall give. A solitary silhouette among the blood red light stands out against the dark night. I call out: "Help is on the way. Revolutionary Squadron 121 is on its way. Hold tight comrade." I hoped we would not be too late.

18. Clear Sky Stalker

Regular

I Ran up quickly up to Prizrak and saw that his leg was broken, I knelt down and picked up his pistol, and the shotgun I gave him. I turned back to him put weapons beside him while grabbing his arm and getting ready to pick him up, I looked him dead in the eye. "you ready? cause this is going to hurt." I stated calmly having had many broken legs in my time, just then the female screamed again and I gripped my 45.. I turned to Dolgov and shouted. "get inside the building Dolgov! Go we'll be right behind you!"

edit: posted after you guys without realizing it, if there's something wrong let me know, also welcome Red Revolutionaries!:D

#18 Clear Sky Stalker, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  19. Storchburp

I am still unable to hear Jack, Prizrak or the Revolutionaries, the deafness caused by the nosalise has become a ringing in my ears drowning out all other noise, but I gamely try to return to the source of the flare and focus on it, ignoring the Red Revolutionaries for the moment.

DrDarcy, Dolgov is unarmed and injured, but wearing a Fourth Reich uniform, and moving towards Jack. I don't know if Alek might initially assume he is hostile, given his faction, but its ok to RP it out and I have plans to kill off Dolgov at some point too.

20. DrDarcy

Okay, Alek will be incredibly hostile to Dolgov. His parents were killed by the Fourth Reich so he will show very little mercy. He is likely to treat him as a POW more than anything. One thing about the Revolutionaries, they aren't the Reds, they might trade with them but they have serious issues at times. Alek though is more willing to work with the Red Line and other factions against the Fourth Reich.

"Chyort." I saw a Fourth Reich soldier, injured and unarmed moving towards the injured man on the floor. Filthy fascists, probably want to use him as slave labour. I raise my revolver and fire a warning shit towards the Fourth Reich soldier, hoping he'd see sense and leave the poor man alone. I re-holster the revolver, and raise my SKS, a Soviet-era carbine, and load in 10 7.62 x 39 mm rounds. I aim around for the nosalises. The female ones were screeching, sending their sonic blasts.

"Lt Dmitri, take point! Take out the females." The huge Russian aims with his AK-74 and fires short controlled bursts. Before long, most of the females were decimated in quick bursts. He continues firing. He shouted: "Alek, Nik, go on ahead!" While Lt Dmitri continued firing, we ran on ahead, nearing the injured man and the two others. We sprint on nearing the trio ahead of us, all the while the red flare burns on viciously. I would stop briefly to shoot down a few of the incoming nosalises, the heavy 7.62 mm rounds tore them down quickly, and on occasion went trough at least two of them, killing both instantly.

Nik, the runaway former slave from the Belorusskaya Trade Outposts, had hailed from South America before being transferred to Moscow before the bombs fell. Needless to say, his capture by the Fourth Reich, made him hate the capitalist Trading Outposts and the fascist Fourth Reich. I could see the hate in his eyes. He took cover behind a piece of concrete and shouts among the ruckus, which had greatly decreased since Lt Dmitri was tearing down the female nosalises. He takes aim with his AK-74 and says: "I'll cover you Alek, ¡No pasarán!" He salutes me before returning to the nosalises. I jump over several collapsed pillars to find three men, a Fourth Reich soldier, an injured man and another. I raise my revolver. "My name is Aleksandr Demyam, captain of the Revolutionary Squadron 121, First International Red Fighting Brigade of the Moscow Metropolitan in the name of Ernesto Che Guevara, those are my comrades Lt Dmitri and Nik." I aim the barrel directly at the Fourth Reich Soldier. "Fascist soldier, would you please leave this man alone so I may deliver medical attention or would you rather I shoot you first?"