Show better get better

Discussion in 'Defiance' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

I already stated my opinion on the show in a previous thread. It's just not my kind of show. Thing is I really want to give this show a chance because I really enjoy the game. If they can make the show at least a tad bit better and more fun to watch, then I'll gladly watch it. Do you guys think the show will get better? Or worse?

2. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

It is the first time I have ever come into contact with the television show, just one question though, what is it you don't like about this show and why is it that you want it to change, basically what I'm saying is give a bit more detail about it.

3. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

i didn't even know there was a show, is it any good?

4. KNH

KNH Well-Known Member

I had no idea a show existed either ??

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Oh there's a show? I guess when you don't have cable..

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

Honestly, I like the show better than the game. But then again, it's not like you can compare two different entertainment mediums. But I will say the TV show is more successful considering it has been picked up by SyFy for future seasons.

The game on the other hand was put on free to play months after release just to survive.

7. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the show got much better starting from Season 2, as the writers and directors learned from their mistakes in Season 1, and built off of the established lore in interesting ways. I'm hoping Season 3 continues this trend, and hope that Syfy doesn't kill off this show prematurely. Personally, I like the game more, due to having a relatively large open world and being a competent third-person shooter.

8. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

The game isn't bad and never was. It's just bad by "today's standards" If this game wasn't a licensed tv franchise and a stand alone game, I bet it would probably still be a normal priced game. The biggest dent to it was the fact that it had a t.v. show attached to it. And we all know the stigma of movie and tv licensed games.

9. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

The show has evolved a bit in terms of the way the story is conveyed from season 1 to season 2. But that's what happens when you don't cancel shows too soon. It's why I personally think ANY show should be given at least 2 seasons to prove itself.

10. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Not that you can compare a show and a game. But the game went f2p pretty fast for a reason. I just feel bad for those souls that went and paid for it early. Nothing worse than paying for something everyone else gets free later.

11. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, it sucks when that happens. Especially when the compensation (usually with cash shop currency or other benefits) is not up to par.