Show any good?

Discussion in 'Defiance' started by Craze, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Craze

Craze Member

I've been interested in Defiance, but I haven't really bothered to try and pick it up. How is the show portion of it? I'm not a huge fan of Syfy programming and the previews for the show didn't quite do it for me, but if it's actually good I may check it out somehow. Does Netflix have it? I think I might give it a shot soon and then get the game afterwards.

2. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

Ugh, it's not that good. Well I guess it works on the standards of what other Syfy programs put out, but I personally couldn't get into it. I even watched every episode as well. I wont be doing that again. I just can't get into the characters on the show, but in the game everything seems fine to me. I'd personally skip the show, but that's me. You may like it. Check it out and see how it is for you.

3. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

Don't think Netflix has it at the moment, although the programs on it vary depending on your location. I think it's ok, but it's not something I could get hooked on. I actually quite like sci-fi programs, but couldn't get into this. You might like it though, give the first episode a watch and see what you think.

4. cg303

cg303 Member

I love this show! I am not one to like anything that is a syfy original or anything like that. I am more of a
    ShowTime and HBO series person. The story telling, sets, and superior acting easily draws you in, this is not your regular
    campy SYFY show. The majority of the actors and actresses are not amateurs, the come from shows like True Blood, Dexter,
    and The L word. Others have been in a quite a few movies as well. While the 2 hour pilot episode appears to have your run of the mill
    low budget effects, the series cgi budget grows with every episode and is fun to watch a new series grow and steadily become what it
    was meant to be. I recommend watching this show for anyone who likes Fallout, Star Wars, Star Trek or Titan A.E.
    You will not be disappointed.

5. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I watched a few episodes I didn't like it to much when I heard about the game I never even considered buying it just because I didn't like the show why would I want to play the game and also considering most movies or shows that try to get turned into games are not that good to begin with.

6. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's worth checking out and forming your own opinion.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Shoiw is actually really decent unlike the MMO. It's intriguing. But don't pickup the game just because you liked the show. There are no similarities between these two. You will end up being disappointed.

8. Rowro

Rowro Active Member

When did it get good for you? I watched the show and then dropped it like 4-5 episodes in because it did not interest me. If I try and catch up will I be disappointed?

9. xarziv

xarziv Member

I have been interested in defiance for a long time now. However I simply put it seaside because of the bad reviews so I have moved onto other such games.

10. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I don't think the show is on Netflix (yet). It's okay, nothing special. Definitely not good enough to be a classic IMO.

11. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I like the show, but it really took a slow burn for me to get there. The overall mythology of the show is pretty great and there's so much potential to keep introducing characters. It's not one of my favorites, but I'm definitely looking forward to what they have this coming season.

12. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer Member

I heard it was not very good and never bothered to watch it because it was a Syfy show and they tend to be not so great and kind of low budget. Most TV shows and movies based or involved with video games tend to be awful; I mean an MMO aswell can not even see how they thought that up.