Should we use technology in learning?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Elgiz, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Elgiz

Elgiz Member
    Regular

This is a popular opinion nowadays as many schools around the world try to use the newest technology in their education systems. While many agree to this decision, some disagree thinking that technology can be harmful to their children. Examples of harmful effects of technology can be health issues, age issued ads, and the distraction from the classes. What do you think? Should we use iPads, Phones in our classes? Does your child use it in school?

2. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah we should it will reduce human efforts and it will be helpfull for teacher as well as students, my brother use iPad in his school for studies

3. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think technology makes it easy to learn. And you have access to more things. Lot of things can be improved in education with technology so one should definitely use it.

4. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Modern technology plays a huge role in education and learning, especially in research.

5. Athanas

Regular

Yeah, infact, most institutions of higher learning are embracing this.

6. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

Technology solved alot of things so am sure the use of technology can be monitored. It does help to make the kids learn better than before so I'd prefer the use of technology.

7. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Using technology in learning is a very useful idea. We live in a modern world now. Where all thing, mostly all things are run or built by technology. So for me, it's okay as long as there are limitations and guidelines to avoid the harmful effects.

8. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely technology comes in handy for school children. In my case I teach world histroy to grade 8 kids and we use data in locating/drawing the maps of the different countries that we are studying. Instead of bring the big maps, the can just access these maps, of various types and colors, from their smartphones. Technology indeed help even in the field of education.

9. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

JUst this morning in one of my history classes I asked the students to use their data to find some places in ancient Egypt like Thebes and Memphis. Fortunately many were able to find it without even reading a texbook and our lesson discussion went on smoothly covering so many topics within an hour. In this way I think technology really helps especially in education.

10. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think we are already doing it more now than ever, but yes. We should use technology more when it comes to education.

11. Athanas

Regular

Technology makes the work of learning very easy and enjoyable.

12. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, in most of my classes in college we used laptops and ipads to get work done.

13. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't agree on that they should just be taught in the normal way. What are teacher for they will be denying teachers a chance to do there job effectively. I just don't support that, they will easily get distracted and you can't know if they actually understood or not.