Should I check it out?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Nickey22, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Nickey22

Nickey22 Active Member

Has anyone heard of this game? It takes place in China and it's kind of a mix of martial arts and MMO, so that sounds really cool. I was thinking about checking it out, but I wanted to ask you guys first on whether or not it was even worth it. I read some reviews on the game saying it wasn't all too good, but I still want to hear your guy's opinions about the game.

If you don't know about it, here's a video for you:

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the footage there and I haven't heard of it before. It certainly does seem different, but it's doesn't seem all that bad. I might give it a shot if I can get someone to play it with me, but it doesn't seem like a game that will have me hooked for hours.

3. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

I'll say pass on it. The gameplay isn't so hot and the game itself doesn't give much to the player. It is free, so it is worth it kind of to check it out, but I wouldn't focus on it for too long. It gets quite repetitive after a while.

Morgan.

4. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting, I like the concept, I think I'll check it out. in it is infact free. It might not be completely free though, you might have to pay for a beta key on snail.

5. StoneScroll

StoneScroll Member

Age of Wushu is a relatively newer game. Released in April 2013, in North America. If you enjoy Chinese Kung Fu Fighter games, it may be worthwhile to quickly check out.

[​IMG]

I don't find it to have the best graphics that I have seen, but even so, it may be a good way to pass time if you need to.

Personally, I will stick to one of my main games that I play, as I don't like to get distracted by everything new that comes out. As I always recommend, find one game and become dominate and stick to it. Don't quit or spread your time too thinly between new games.

6. cg303

cg303 Member

I haven't tried this game out yet, and as someone who loves to try out new mmos
    I am surprised that I have yet to play it. The graphics may look like early Xbox 360
    or late Xbox graphics, but that doesn't take anything away from me. The game play may
    be a little outdated but it still looks like a fun game to immerse myself into.

7. marleysa

marleysa Member

If you are in Europe you might rather try the European version of this game called Age of Wulin. I recently downloaded it and am still a novice in the game but I find it quite intriguing and vastly different from older MMO games. It has a lot of variety in it and one can do many things that you cannot do in other games. Your character skill choices are more varied and the whole concept of the game is different in that your character does not level up in this game but rather only your skills. PVP is a blast in this game and Age of Wulin is now in open beta stage. I find this is usually the best time to enter into a game as you the player grow with the game itself.

8. Eltharion

Eltharion Member

Anyone who is interested in it want to start off together? MMOs are always way more fun when you know people in game. Lets start an MMORPG guild ;)

9. kelemenur

kelemenur Active Member

I'm in the same boat as the OP. Haven't had a decent MMO in a while, all others I played just kind of got boring. Is this worth starting, perhaps even making that guild? ^^

10. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

This is my first time hearing about the game, but after watching that video to me the game looks kind of dull, but that is to be expected at the beginning stages, but I think I will pass on the game because it seem like it will just be another grind fest mmorpg.

11. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

I loved the MMO at first because it takes place in China, and I absolutely love martial arts!! The graphics are beautiful, however I game itself is not actually that good. There isn't any clear storyline and the quests aren't that good either (if you even get any) and you are often left with having to find something to do on your own. If you like that then it's great, but if not then I wouldn't go for it.