Quantcast

Secrets of Grindea

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by anadrotowski, Jul 26, 2015.

1. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

Has anyone else checked this game out on Steam? I'm absolutely addicted to it! It's still an early access game, but it's incredible to me. I really enjoyed going through and battling all sorts of enemies and also doing little quests as I go along. Definitely worth checking out for a short RPG while the developers are creating other portions of the map.

2. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

Hey, I was looking into it in the past but didn't realize it got approved finally for Steam! Is it anything similar to Wanderlust as that's why it first appealed to me! It makes me feel as though it's a more fleshed out version of that game, and if so I am definitely on board to get it, but perhaps when the price goes down a bit.

3. anadrotowski

It may be awhile before the price goes down, considering it's an early access game as well as they are needing money for development. :p But, it seems to be like an interesting Zelda-type of game overall. It's really great!

4. Gamepreneur

Well with over 660 games already on Steam, I think I am sure I can keep myself more than busy until then! If I get a bit more money-flow going though, I may consider getting it at that price as I was really looking forward to it. What's your favorite thing about it?

5. anadrotowski

It's really how colorful and the old school Zelda-theme to it that appeals to me. There are quests, there are cute and interesting creatures. The bosses are actually well-thought out and executed correctly, as well as challenging in some aspects. There is also multiplayer with the game and the customization makes me feel like it's my adventure overall.

6. Gamepreneur

Well, as long as it's better put together than Wanderlust as that game was a mess! Lots of broken bosses, and just the game-play didn't work quite right either! What all can you do with the customization? Does that involve choosing a unique and custom look, or do you choose certain paths in the game, or what do you mean by that? I'm curious, :)

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'll wait until the game is fully released before I decide to put money on it. I have a thing against Early Access games so I tend to make a hissing sound whenever I see the tag on a game I'm interested in. The game does look interesting and I'll keep a close eye on it until they are done.

8. anadrotowski

I mean that the character customization is pretty cool. I mean, the character has sort of a basic look, but you are able to make him/her your own through the initial color swapping and then the actual armor later on. Currently, the game is now starting to build the 3rd temple and I'm just too impatient to play haha.