Quantcast

Season Pass?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

I'm sure some storylines and additional quests will be a part of DLC, but I am not sure how would they be able to more areas. I've mentioned somewhere that maybe adding an "arena" sort of map would be cool, I think the example I used was having inside of Madison Square Garden as an extra map or something.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

You said it. Vote with your wallet is the best way to show companies that we don't like season passes... Unfortunately though a lot of people feel they are worth it and will spend the money for extra content. I honestly don't feel like it's all bad.

3. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I actually have no problem with the idea of a Season Pass for this game. MMO's have a consistent track record of DLC's(or at least should, if they want to keep the game relevant and continue to make money off of it) and I would rather have the ability to keep up on them if I really do enjoy the game.

4. Cyborg Superman

I agree with you that in terms of DLC, adding some kind of inside building would be the way to go. It would be weird if an area is blocked off because you didn't buy the DLC, BUT it would be easy to give it a in-game reason: You don't have the proper clearance. This way once players with clearance (in other words, they bought the DLC) would be able to access that area.

5. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, as far as storyline logic goes, there is some, but that would mean they have to add those maps in the game before even releasing the DLC, wouldn't it? Or can they add it additionally even if you don't have the DLC? Like a free upgrade where you can come to the edge of an area and be denied access haha

6. Cyborg Superman

That's probably it... Where it was just a dead-end alley, now people with clearance (read: bought the DLC) would be able to enter that area, and the people without get turned away. That's just one of the ways I can see them pulling it off.

7. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I feel like for a DLC, another city would be a better option that just some building in New York. Or honestly, maybe just a neighboring state or something. Considering we don't know the full map yet, it's possible other things are good options, too. I just don't like the idea of trying to walk into a building and it denies me because of no DLC, in the middle of a world I'm already used to. Something on the outskirts would seem a little smoother to me. Plus, it would be nice to explore worlds outside of the NYC world of The Division.