Scariest Part ?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by TheMightySp0rk, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

The spiderbugs definitely sent chills down my spine and got me a a few good times. The nosalis trap during the Bandits level got me to jump pretty good.

But the grand prize goes to the ghosts part with the rail car. I saw the Valve at the end and wanted it with every fiber in my being, but when the ghosts started to materialize, I just lost it and ran the hell out of there and never looked back.

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

As I've said before in another thread, the side passage with the ghosts in the level where you drive Regina.... That was a horrible experience. I've never been so scared by a video game before in my entire life. I had to pause twice in that single room and open the window to get some fresh air for a few minutes :lol: On the way out of the room, I eventually closed my eyes and hid my head between my shoulders while aimlessly holding W and Shift :lol:

3. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pussy! :eek:hwell:

4. Dudebot121256

Dudebot121256 Member

None of the parts scared me. The only level that I disliked was Dead City. It just made me feel uneasy, like I was being constantly watched by the ghosts.

5. BLY4

BLY4 Well-Known Member

I'd like to add to my previous post, Dead City has my least favorite part in the game now. The part being an underground section on a metro platform where it's oppressively pitch black and electronics are dead. The lighter doesn't do jack, a few steps forward and the voices made me mute my sound and run like a little bitch. Far worse than the side room on Regina. Seeing things may make me jump in my seat and yell or scream, but not being able to see things is faaaaaaaaar worse for me.

6. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I used to think the same way, until I came across a certain game, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. first time I went into Agroprom underground. I did not scream I just went 'Oh shit! what the hell was that? arghhhh!', jumped three feet in the air and legg it as fast as I could!

In fact, all the underground labs in the Stalker trilogy still have the same effect on me, even after playing the games several times over, and a few more places in Call of Prypiat, like a certain cave and a certain nest. they still scare the hell out of me.

In Last Light? the ghosts part and the dead city. the feeling of lonliness and knowing you are being watched constantly... it is more uncomfortable and 'let's get the crap out of here' than 'arghhh!' for me.

#26 Jet Odessa, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2013
  7. SoundInReverse

SoundInReverse New Member

I am deathly afraid of spiders. The first time Pavel mentions bigger spiders i flipped out.

Check it out in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=Lpu2hwX3U7I

8. Keegan83

Regular

Oh,man! That first underground level in Agroprom still freaks me out! I remember the first time i had to go there and i thought the bloodsucker is the scariest thing and then i heard this loud roar,not to mention i was playing late at night with headphones and it was raining outside... :eek: I will NEVER forget that moment. It really is the only moment i was so afrraid from the botom of my soul in a videogame! The worst part is that every single underground level in Shadow of Chernobyl is no less scary.

LL is unsetling,creepy,eerie,but Shadow of Chernobyl is downright freaking scary!

9. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Oh god, I'm playing it for the first time and I just heard about the agroprom facility(?), those dogs already scary me :s.

10. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

have fun then! even just going out at night in the stalker games is scary.

however, apart from the undergrounds in stalker, I had to spend one night in the bandit base in Dark Valley. I was quite happily making my way out of the building to get to X18 when a sucker came at me out of nowhere. spent the night in a corner with my light of and my shottie pointing at the door, without moving a muscle. that was nerve wracking and scary, believe me. that was in my first play through in SoC.

since then I decided not to go out at night at all unless I had to, preferibly sorrounded by as many friendlies as possible! :behindsofa:

#30 Jet Odessa, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  11. Keegan83

Regular

Dogs? They are called pseudodogs...But if you're scared of pseudodogs theeeen... Yeah,you should really get yourself a spare pair of underwear. :D

12. pulkmees

pulkmees Member

The Regina ghosts part was not scary, but just rather well done cool event.
    I actually thought they were the same kind of ghosts as in Metro 2033 and I did not touch any of them.Other than that it was just as scripted event and I thought no enemies were going to attack me.

The scariest part for me was in the swamps(with the red flags) as those bitches kept picking me up and throwing me to the water.And I had to flee from those shrimps too.I managed to miss the entrance to the plane, so I was stuck doing laps untill it went dark.Then I checked a walkthrough to see what I had missed and restarted the checkpoint.

Also jumpscare at the duplet.

13. Gyrate

Gyrate Active Member

The scariest part? When I realized "Ranger mode" is a DLC.
    let me think
    the sexy time with Anna? lol
    Otherwise, I found the scariest part the Ghost Town part (don't know it's real name). It wasn't scary because it's really scary, it was scary because how Artyom feels about it. Overall, Last Light wasn't too scary. Without
    Librarians
    , it was sometimes like piece of cake.

14. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Scariest part for me is when Artyom got knocked into the water when your going up to the bridge for the first time..

15. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I didn't find anything being "scary," just a little creepy. The parts that I found creepy where when you're exploring the side tunnles while riding the rail car and every time you see Miller :p.

And for the talk about Stalker SOC, yes, I agree with you all. So many times I would be walking around at night to complete a task(s) and wish that I would finish quickly so I could run back to camp and huddle around a fire with some fellow stalkers too drink vodka, eat bread, sausage, tourist delight, and listen to some guitar melodies. Probably one of the scariest games out there :D.

16. Keegan83

Regular

Have you played Call of Pripyat? There is this small cosy underground room filled with sweet sleeping bloodsuckers that you have to not to disturb... :painkiller:

17. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Yes I have, and the sleeping bloodsuckers' room was definitely one of my favorite stalker moments.

"Oh shit, sleeping bloodsuckers. I better not disturb them. (Bump into bloodsucker) Holly shenanigans, run!!"

Pull out weapon: Rat-a-tat ratatatat!!!…Tat tat!!........ "YOU WERE LOST IN THE ZONE!! :sad:

Between Call of Pripyat and Shadow of Chernobyl, I'd have to say that they're both equally great in their own ways. Clear Skys would be last, but not by much. And as everyone else was, I was extremely disappointed that the development of Stalker 2 was cancelled after THQ went out of biz.

18. xxVODKAxx

xxVODKAxx New Member

For me the scariest part was the Church catacombs

19. Deathparade

Deathparade New Member

The side tunnel where you just get the First Grade lightbulb on wheels
    Its one that also earns a moral point if you walk to the end i ran as fast as i could when i had it as the sound got louder and louder D:

20. triumphpi

triumphpi Member

Would have to be that river of fate level when your walking thought the water and all of a sudden the dead bodies (skeletons) come to life.Scared the shit out of me.