Scariest Part ?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by TheMightySp0rk, Jun 4, 2013.

1. TheMightySp0rk

TheMightySp0rk New Member

What do you guys think the scariest part of the game is.

2. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

I don't find videogames or movies for that matter scary... don't know how the hell something artificial on a screen can scare people..

It's like everytime I watch a Metro video on youtube I see people in the comments going "diz iz teh scariest game evaaah"... Im like what?... it's a GAME.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

If you're in a dark room, at the middle of the night, completely alone with your headset on max and a huge TV screen with max resolution and graphics, wouldn't you freak out if you heard intense whispering and saw creepy ghosts?

4. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

No, cause it's a videogame. I played my first playthrough during the night, in an empty house, in a dark basement (the one you see on my cosplay pic) with my surround headset XD

I think it's atmospheric and everything.. very enjoyable. But not scary :derp:

5. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

You have no soul :( man i find F.E.A.R scary :D

6. The part where Red soldiers discuss how everyone in both armies at the Frontline level was found dead. If you killed them all, that's great, you just sit there basking in praise.

[​IMG]

But if you took the stealth approach and didn't kill anyone, then who was phone?

[​IMG]

7. Baron01

Baron01 Active Member

Those scary moments are usually coming in two types, eerie areas with weird lightning and sound background and pre-set moments.
    The later case was probably where I got most scared on my first play-through, first time in the map before Bolsoi where watchmen jumps you while you pick a duplet from the table, second time was in a map before rhino boss where you found a dead man with Saiga-12 stuck in a wall crack and when you approach him to pick weapon/ammo a monster lashes at you.

Last game that truly scared me was original AvP in 1999, the tension, eerie graphics and the sound of motion detector were pumping so much freaking adrenaline to my blood system. I had several encounters while playing as a marine where i simply had to pause the game and scream out loud to get it out.

8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Nothing was necessarily scary but it certainly was eery and creepy. The most dreaded moment of mine was when you fell into the water when the train falls. This comes from my deep fear and hatred towards dark deep water.

The scariest moment I had in a game was in Bioshock Infinite, it was the moment when you activate something in the asylum and you turn around the Siren Boy is right in your face.

9. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Spiderbugs were creepy stuff, hearing them crawl around without knowing where they come from.

10. BLY4

BLY4 Well-Known Member

I'll admit I screamed like a little bitch a few times when dealing with the spider bugs, and in both of the swamps after it got shit dark. But the spider bugs were the scariest for me, fear of spiders and all, and the fact that they are only in really dark areas 0.o.

11. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Horror is not always visual.
    Disturbing parts for me? - primarily the ghosts, especially that part in the tunnel with the bloody type ghosts. Very uncomfortable, especially with their scary and psycho chanting... Same goes for some of the stories I've heard from the folks.

#11 Strider, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  12. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

I know... still I cannot fathom how something that is "artificial" images and sound can scare people. It can be creepy yes.. but being scared is just weird tbh..

13. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All joking aside, I agree with Strider - and feel as though Last Light, at its creepiest, is when you see the ghosts through your peripherals and hear the chanting/screams. The side passage in "Regina" with the hanging man, and the priests in the Catacombs come to mind. The entire "City of Phantoms" section didn't necessarily had me scared, but rather I found myself completely enveloped in the world. I loved going from apartment to apartment, seeing flashbacks and what have you.

14. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I LOL'ed :D

How is it weird? Different thing scare different people. I might be scared of needles,while you might be scared of little pink worms. Like Stryder said terror is not always visual. I think LL relies mostly on sounds to actually get you spooked. Long,quiet sections in a game where nothing happens and then hitting you with loud sounds IS scary. Don't play the hero. You've been scared in a game. Fear is fear, even if provoked by "artificial" means.

#14 Keegan83, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
  15. brynje

brynje Well-Known Member

Whatever guys. I just don't get it... you are looking at pixels and listening to sounds.. and get scared.. what :)

And like I said.. yes it gives a creepy atmosphere that's what I love about Metro and games the like.. I just don't think it's scary in any way. Cause it's artificial :) It's FINE if you get scared.
    And im not playing a hero.. im just discussing the OP. Just because I think different from you im "acting tough" ? Get a grip.
    And no.. I've never been scared of a game or movie cause it's not reality.:pop2:

16. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

brynje is not scared by a video game, I know people like this. It doesn't have to be keyboard commando pretentious stuff, just search "I don't get scared by horror movies" and you'll see a lot of people like him.
    Now, about the OP:
    Yes, the side passage in Regina was horrifying the first time. Brrrh. Also a few jumpscares around (Suddent mutant QTEs).

17. Strider

Strider Well-Known Member

Oh, man. Stop killing the mood we are trying to have here...

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

plenty of people think like this, they have to much of the "reality and not reality " function in their brains. But truth to be told, it DID seem key board warrior when you went it's just weird to be scared by a game. maybe to you as you think in this unique way, but 95% of people CAN be scared by something artificial :p

so from now on, let's think of everyone and just be nice to each other :D

19. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

But we are nice to each other.

20. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome