Sasha's gun

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by STALKER_2012, Oct 19, 2012.

1. STALKER_2012

STALKER_2012 Well-Known Member

Hey folks,

I'm playing Metro 2033 on Ranger-Hardcore again (sooo much fun) and I remembered, that Sasha (the little boy you had to rescue from the Mutants and bring to his mother) said anything about that he also has a gun and that it's locked until he gets old enough to shoot. And my question is; has anyone of you found that gun? Or am I just blind? :D I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks for every answer.

And as always, have a nice day.

2. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I never found it, no. He says that you can get it if your gun wears out, and I thought maybe I should bring a Bastard and make it overheat and he'll show me? That'd be a nice easter egg.

3. STALKER_2012

Yeah, that'd make a great easter-egg. I even thought of shooting all my guns empty and maybe he would show me the way but... nah :D
    Well thanks for your answer anyway. I just reached that chapter and maybe I'll try again...

4. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Never found a gun (it could be up in the station) but he also says something about only the numbered lockers contained ammunition, and i've never quite knew what he meant, i just looked in every locker i found!

5. STALKER_2012

I didn't find any numbered lockers either. Maybe the guards took his gun to fight the monsters who knows?

6. KLMKsunbunny

maybe its the BIG mini-gun you see in the last light gameplay footage? :D

7. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

No,it's just poor translation.

8. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have noticed that the game lacks some details in these stuff.
    For example in the official trailer, you could see that the D6-note has a Soviet Coat of Arms on the cover, while in the game that doesn't exists, it is just a red note.
    Maybe, at first the lockers were supposed to have a number on them, and then they just deleted them without changing the voice-acting...

9. STALKER_2012

Yeah, I recognized the thing with the book too. In the trailer it looked really epic and ingame it was just a red/brown "book". But I don't think that this matters :D at least for me it doesn't.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Never found the gun either, maybe it's very well-hidden or just an element to add to the backstory of the boy. Maybe we're not supposed to find it. ;)

11. KLMKsunbunny

Talking of which, that reminds me, just after you break open the door to D6 with the small train, and go in that first room, there are some large crates on your left. Behind these is an ammo box on the floor, which if you open it contains some books / folders. If i remember rightly they have some kind of logo / russian writing on them.. Anyone know what they are? they're not copies of Metro2033 the novel, i have found plenty of those..!

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Actually, many of the books you find in the game are copies of Питер (Piter) from the Metro 2033 Universe series - which is probably part of the book's marketing campaign and a narrative element that breaks the fourth wall. The others are all Metro 2033 and possibly Metro 2034; if I remember correctly.

Basically, if you're looking at something like this:
    [​IMG]
    Then you're looking at Питер. ;)

13. STALKER_2012

@KLMKsunbunny

I found those books in my todays playthrough too! The box was next to a Kalash 2012, right? But they weren't copies of Metro 2033 or something like that. They were completly black and the writing was silver or white. I think that this was the only place in the whole game where you could find them. At least it was the only time I did.
    Mysterious... :behindsofa:

14. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Black bages with golden antracite writing - Bourbon said something like that in the book o_O

15. STALKER_2012

Yeah! Totally! They looked like that! It's in the D6 chapter where you enter the small room that you breached in with that small train. If you enter turn left you will see a Kalash 2012 and if you look beyond the edge there is a box on the ground (usual box where ammo is stored normaly) but in the box are those books. In the command center (or whatever that was) where the rangers wait for you is another ammo box with a lot of Metro 2033 books in it.

16. KLMKsunbunny

Thats the one! now we just need someone who can read russian to play through it! Or someone play it on PC and get a screen shot..

17. Keegan83

Regular

I will.Standby.

18. STALKER_2012

I can do that, give me 10 minutes.

19. Keegan83

Regular

Well,one of the books is just english-russian dictionary,the other is Evolution of the species (how appropriate) and the only one in russian is History and culture of ancient Greece.

As for the books in the small room,these are real books like someone said from the Metro Universe series.There you can see "The dark tunnels" , "Piter" and "The road signs".

#19 Keegan83, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
  20. STALKER_2012