Quantcast

RUMOR: Insider says that The Division is "in a real bad shape"

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Ishmael, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Here's a link to the article: gamepur.com/news/21305-tom-clancys-division-real-bad-shape-running-bad-ps4xb1-low-content-insider.html

In short, there are rumors that both the console versions are running really badly even though we're closing in to the release date. There isn't much to do in the game, or so they say, and overall it isn't a really fun game. They're hoping for a delay.

What do you guys think? It would explain why there's not much of a marketing push, but this is really disappointing if true.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

That's sad to hear, hopefully they can get back on track. The game looks really promising, I wouldn't be against a delay as long as the game is amazing.

3. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I saw those rumours pop up and I really hope they aren't true. It would really suck for Ubisoft to have a flop on their hands before it even releases, considering how expensive this game has been and how long it's been in development. That's a lot of hours of work and a lot of coins to go to waste...

4. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

Are these rumors confirmed by someone that somehow has access to Ubisoft's developing team? They could have some problems adjusting graphics because this game was thought to be released two years ago and that's just enough time for all games to evolve graphicwise. I've read somewhere how people actually have started to lose all the hype for this game because of all the delays it already has had.
    I still have some hope...Man, will it happen the same thing as it happened with AC3 release? Come on Ubisoft!

5. Ishmael

They just announced the game too soon I think. Ubisoft is cutting on dev time when they really shouldn't. They should learn from Bethesda. At least they're not letting their games go undercooked because, bugs aside, they're pretty content complete.

6. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Eh the last time I heard a rumor like this was for Witcher 3, and that turned out to be an excellent game. That said, I don't completely trust anything coming out of Ubisoft.

7. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

Uh oh. Very sad to hear! Why weren't they able to get it together in time? I'm betting there will be a delay, I'd hope they wouldn't release it as is if there's this many complications.

8. Ishmael

If this was true, would you buy the game at day one either way? I think I'm going to wait for some feedback first....

9. Cyborg Superman

Reviewers usually get first crack at the game and usually give a bit of an advance review, or at least a day-1 review, so you can get ready to buy it or not based on that. Other than the downgrading rumours to hit the March release date, we haven't heard from the devs or publisher that this game is in trouble.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  10. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

I'm always hesitant to believe "insiders" but if this is true I'm pretty bummed out. We've already suffered two big delays in release and a third would really suck. I'm on PC, so I don't mind that it's running poorly on consoles (so long as the changes they have to make to get it to run smoothly don't affect the PC version) but the low content is what's really getting to me.

I guess I hope they get the delay even though it sucks. I'd rather wait for the game and have it be more fun than have them release the game in a crappy state and get slammed. It will be forgotten then, and any new content they release will fly under the radar and won't bring in many people which is the opposite of what we need.

Please step up to the plate, Ubisoft. We're rooting for you.

11. Funky Fingers

Funky Fingers Active Member Regular

Dang, that's a disappointment. I was looking forward to playing this game when it was released. I guess only time will tell if the rumor is true (when the game is released). :(

12. Ishmael

You're absolutely correct, in fact I'll do exactly that. Unless Ubisoft decides to do some weird embargo like they did with AC Unity where reviews got released the day after the game came out. But I don't think they're going to pull that off again.

13. Cyborg Superman

It would be hard for them to do that and not upset a large majority of gamers (who frequent gaming sites anyways). You know that every single site (including these forums) would definitely be very loud about it if Ubisoft doesn't allow advance reviews.

14. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Eh, I wouldn't trust these rumors that much. I'd say we shouldn't start criticizing a game which isn't even finished yet, so we'll just have to wait for the final release and the reviews to see whether or not this game is worth buying.

15. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

This makes me worried and at the same time not so much. I've seen rumors like this about plenty of things(more than just video games) and had it completely turn around. Can't always trust the rumors. But at the same time, there's always something in the back of my mind that's going to worry about it...

16. Cyborg Superman

It's definitely not going to be perfect on release day, which is probably what your "spidey sense" are telling you. I guess we're just used to the saying "if there's smoke, there's fire", but the thing is... is there really smoke in this case, or is it just websites trying to get some clicks? We will find out soon enough.

17. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Aw man, I really hoped we wouldn't get stories like this. Not because I think they shouldn't be shared, but because I think they shouldn't happen. That really is a shame if it's true, but frankly, I'll suck it up and take another delay if it's necessary to make this game run right. I've been hyped for it for way too long to be disappointed now.

18. Cyborg Superman

The good news is that I haven't heard any follow up or confirmation on this. The truth is that probably every game goes through troubles before launch, and people are already a bit sour on the "graphics downgrade" so anything that sounds like trouble will be made into click-bait articles. At some point I was seeing articles about The Division being completely cancelled; needless to say, this isn't the truth.

19. Ishmael

With the beta being delayed on all platforms but Xbox One I'm getting more and more worried about the game. :(

20. Cyborg Superman

True, although the fact that a beta is still released as planned is good news. It probably has more to do with the Xbox One wanting that exclusive and build up some buzz for the console. Not sure if it'll really sway too many people, but it's the gambles you take as a publisher!