Quantcast

RPG Character crushes?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by SolaNova, Jan 19, 2016.

1. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Anybody ever had what could be considered a crush on a character in an RPG for whatever reason? It could of been when you were younger or even now.

Mine was probably either Blackrose from the .hack games or Ruby from Dark Cloud

2. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Good question.

I'm a loser, so crushes on fictional characters are my specialty. From when I was younger, I would have to say Bastila Shan from Knights of the Old Republic, Seth from FE: Sacred Stones, Mitsuru from Persona 3...

From now, I'd have to say Tali from Mass Effect, Piper in Fallout 4, Alistair from Dragon Age...That's just off the top of my head.

3. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Don't really develop 'em anymore. When I was young, though? And playing through FFVII for the first time? Tifa, man. The reason(s) should probably be obvious.

I like to think that if I still crushed on fictional characters today I'd look for something other than the skin-deep stuff, mind. Tifa's not that great of a character if you focus more on her personality.

4. SolaNova

Dont worry a skill is skill. I was personally more attached to Yukari in Persona 3 and I pretty much still ship MinatoxYukari nowadays as well. Im with you though on Tali for sure

5. SolaNova

Never did get round to playing FF7, might get the remake but not to sure at the moment. Kind of with you on the second point though, once the hormones and such died down you do start to look beyond the obvious. Although saying that Lightning from FF13 done something for me.

6. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

I think when I was younger (SNES days) I had a crush on Katt (Breath of Fire II), haha, strange, I know.

7. SLTE

Considering she ran around without any pants on, it's not strange at all, really.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I never really developed crushes on RPG characters because back when I was more susceptible to getting crushes, the graphics weren't that great and I guess I'm more of a visual guy. I don't think anyone is crushing on Samus from her NES days (even in her "Justin Bailey" suit) or Zelda from the Legend of Zelda... But maybe that's just me. :)

9. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

Early teenage me had to like the girls from Final Fantasy X...

10. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I don't have any problems with Yukari. I've always been kind of a sucker for that kuudere personality type, though. I definitely have grown to like both. Since Minato is already more of a stoic type, I definitely only ship him with Yukari. Minato/Mitsuru is boring. Me/Mitsuru, on the other hand...

11. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

ROFL, now that I remember that's true, it must have been that, hahaha.

12. Navi45

Navi45 Member Regular

Sheena from Tales of Symphonia. For obvious reasons but also because she was the only normal chick in the whole group. (A goody-two shoes clutz, a crazy know it all, and an autistic girl just don't cut it for me. lol)

Flannery from pokemon for obvious reasons.

Maybe I need to play more RPGs but no other girls really did it for me. There was the occasional visual appeal but nothing like..."Oh! I wish I had a girl like her!"

13. SolaNova

Im with you on Flannery there for sure. Still haven't got round to playing a Tales Of game though. Are any of the other Tales Of Games worth playing or is Symphonia still considered the best one?

14. SLTE

I wouldn't even say Symphonia is that great compared to some of the other Tales games. It's still fun, but it hasn't aged as well as some of the others. I liked Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Vesperia much more than Symphonia.

That said, I haven't played a Tales game I haven't enjoyed to some extent. The combat is usually so fun that it makes up for any plot-based shortcomings.

15. SolaNova

Ah okay fair enough cheers, Ive been meaning to pick up a Tales Of game for quite a while. But Vesperia is still quite expensive even pre-owned. I saw Tales of Xilla on sale of recently but I have heard mixed things about it.

16. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice Regular

Oh gosh, I've had quite a few. When I was a kid, I used to be obsessed with Protoman from the Megaman series of games. Also enjoyed a brief teenage infatuation with Vincent from FFVII, and I totally and completely do not have a crush on the Sniper from TF2, because that would be weird. No matter how rugged and perfectly handsome he is. I know they're not all from RPGs, but hey, close enough.

17. Player7

Player7 Active Member Regular

I would fall for any love interest the main character had. Afterall, you were supposed to play in a virtual world as whomever the character was. I did like both Tifa and Aeris, my first time around the game I actually named them after my school crushes so that´s how Tifa ended being named Natalie. (hahaha). I also developed some crush for Shana from Legend of Dragoon, I really don't know why. Oh well, and Lara Croft can't go without mention. She was some sexy polygon.

18. SolaNova

The Sniper. Not criticizing your choice, its just that is a new one to me. Vincent normally a popular choice, I would be inclined to agree with you if I had played more of the Final Fantasy games when I was teen

19. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice Regular

Go read the TF2 comics and I think my choice in TF2 mercs will make a bit more sense.

20. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I think for me it would be Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins who is someone who is not emotional and can be someone who disagrees with you if you do good deeds in the game and she can be seductive as well and will be with you if you are loyal to her and pursue her. It is interesting to see what you can do if you are with her and need to be aware of what she does not like as you get negative points which can change depending on the gifts you give her and how you behave with her as well. I usually like the way she talks and enjoy interacting with her and the romance is more of a casual thing for her not love if that's what you are looking for it.