Roleplay part 9

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by TheStalker, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimLux

ultimLux Well-Known Member

TotalAaron, are you outside the door to the tunnel that the group came through?
    Also, is Nikolai a kleptomaniac and/or attracted to shiny stuff?

I nodded and moved past our newest arrival, who had introduced himself as Durofi, into the stair well. It was dark except for the lights of the group behind me, so I pulled out my flashlight and started up to the top.

Once back into the upper hallway, I glanced around to make sure there were no other unexpected visitors and then examined the door back into the main tunnel. Solid enough, a bulkhead style door with a latch outside and a spinning wheel in the center on this side. I eyeballed it for a few moments, and then ran a line of rope over around a pipe in the tunnel wall, tying it off to the wheel so that it could not spin. Then, I walked down the hall past the stairwell and the elevator until I found a few straight pieces of scrap metal lying on the floor. These I braced against the door, one by the hinges and the other on the far side. Then, I ran a length of wire across the base of the door, tying it off to a pipe on one side and a pair of hand grenades from my duffel bag on the other, with the pins pulled almost all the way out.

Now the wheel couldn't turn to open and the door couldn't be pushed open (hopefully). Anyone who got through would set off the grenades. I nodded to myself.

Satisfied with my work that the door could not now be opened from the other side, I turned and headed back into the stairwell.

2. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

He's a streetboy. He steals if he has to, but he is not a kleptomaniac. You can compare his affection to that of a ghetto kid seeing his cousin's gold chain :D

3. Salami

Salami Active Member

I turned to the man, he had already known what my name is, unless he is deaf, but whatever "I'm Durofi, I've got no allegiance, I tend to swing towords the Red Line's side on few topics." I then turn back to Alek "I just came to see what all the ruckus was, I'll be on my way..Пока! (Bye)
    I then turned around, hoping that they would let me go on my way, I thought it was time to leave them to their work, I probably will continue on my journey, I thought.

I climb up the staircase and exit out of the premises... I begin walking back to my home station, occasionally stopping once in a while to listen for anyone. One of the times, I hear the turn of cart wheels, I turn around the straight and see a cart heading my way. It has no Nazis, Reds, or anyone else aboard, only an old trader, I wave him down.

"Yes, young one?"

I reply, "I need a ride to the Market, traveling by foot is far too dangerous."

"Climb aboard, young one."

I then hopped on and sat on a pile of crates, we didn't talk, it was more of a friendly gesture than a conversation starter.

Two hours later.

I arrive home. I get off the cart, and hand the old man ten MGR, he thanks me, and I walk up to the guards, show my passport, and I am on my way in. I raise my nose into the air a smell sweet rat cooking, I am attracted to a small, old stand with an unfamiliar face inside. He just glares at me and waits for me to order. I say "Rat on a spit, please." He turns around and grabs a spit like a robot, and holds it out, I place the MGR down and take it, he stares me in the eye. I turn around and begin to walk, occasionally munching on my rat, it tastes like /shit/ but food is food no matter.

I toss my spit in the garbage and decide it's time to take a nap. I walk about one hallway down and approach my shack. I step inside, take my gear off, and get a well deserved rest.

Man, it's tough being down here.

About three hours into my sleep, I hear a bang. And shouting, I look over to my room's door, and see I left it unlocked. I pull my sleeping bag off, and walk towords it, pulling it open. I see a crazed man firing upon merchants, and drop my shack's curtains, making it seem like it's just a useless piece of cloth, as I lock the door on the other side.

I eventually fall asleep, and stay asleep, finally.

#623 Salami, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2013
  4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Sitting outside the door i decided to just knock and see what would happen ... walking to the door i noticed movement to my left what was it i think, "damn i thought this would get me to the group" i thought venomously loading ten MGR rounds just in case a muti appears. after a while i knock on the door with the stock of my rifle and wait

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wait.... Salami did you just come all the way into the tunnel and go "Hey I wanna have someone to be with" and then walked off without further notice? ._.

"Do you mind me asking what it is you keep there?", Nikolai asked me when I put the dogtag back in under my sweater. I stared forward in the air for a while before I looked at him and answered simply without any specific tone in my voice at all "Yes, I do", before turning back towards the door, waiting for Joe to open it.

6. TotalAaron

um are you guys gonna recruit me im running out of air ;)

7. Salami

Salami Active Member

Durofi was afraid, so he left.

I woke the next morning as usual. I went over to my mirror, combed my hair, grabbed my gear, and stepped outside. I got some breakfast, and decided to upgrade my weapon. I proceeded down the market hallway when my friend Durov approached me "Hey, Durofi, want to go to VDNKh to get some of the good stuff?"
    "What good stuff?" I replied.
    "The shroom tea, it's supposedly the best up there."
    "Sure, why not?"

I then, with Durov with me, proceeded to our weapon and ammunitions stall. I was going to trade in my magazines, and 5.45 bullets, and my AK-74SU for an Ubonik shotgun. It's bulky, but packs a punch. Durov chipped in to level the cost. So, I grabbed my shotgun, and a box of shells, loaded it up, and Durov and I bought two caravan tickets up north, VDNKh was marked as a stop.

Six hours ahead of pure traveling, this is pretty boring so far.

8. TotalAaron

Outside :D looks like i would have been blown to bits if i went through the door :)

9. Salami

Salami Active Member

Gee all those stops flew by.

I awoke to a man yelling "VDNKh FINAL stop!"

I lifted myself into a sitting position, grabbed my Ubonik and slung my backpack on my shoulder, and nudged Durov to wake. We then made our way off the cart to the guards who check passports. It went smooth, we got in quite easily, and we stopped to check a station map. We checked for a local tea shop or restaurant, located a cheap inn, and decided we would grab our tea, and find something to do, then stay overnight.

Chyort, this tea was expensive. We wanted to buy seven kilos! It was so good but SO PRICEY! It was a total 57 MGR for all seven! Insane!
    It was well worth it though. We stuffed our backpacks and are now currently in a negative six star shanty "Inn" (It feels as if)

10. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Realising now that I hadn't introduced myself to the several new comers I began to talk. "Hello, my name is Anton Oborin and I'm from Polis." I said. Walking around the laboratory I began to soak in my surroundings, the lights were very different to any I had seen and so was the floor, it looked like it was made out of pure steel. Being too distracted by my surroundings I walked into a bench. "Ah-ah-ah-ah. I'm okay." I whimpered. I walked closer to Joe and began to talk. "What next?" I asked him.

#630 GoodLordApollo, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  11. TotalAaron

after what felt like a year cutting through the door with a blowtorch i saw a im assumeing the trap was a tripwire mkay wire through the hole but it was too late for the pannel had fallen on the wire activating the trap,

i flung myself as fast as i could to the floor but whoever had rigged the door new what they where doing the door disinagrated and a roaring flame filled the corridor even with my mask on the air itself felt as if it was alight filling my throught with a terrible burning sensation.

When i stood up the room on the otherside was just about disinagrated fire was everywhere whoever had planted that nasty little device was close and i knew it they just had to be making sure my rifle still worked i followed there trail through the steadily burning place

12. Dub

Dub Member

Hello there!
    I am new to the forums, and I joined so I could RP with you guys.
    I come from HL2RP so I know how to RP. I would just like to ask a few questions.
    1. Is this an on-going story that started from the 'Roleplay Part 1' thread?
    2. Is everyone on that first thread dead?
    I just wanted to know, because there is no way in hell I am reading through 8 threads with about 30 pages each.
    Thank you! I wanted to know this, because I'd like to join on in. Can someone update me on the story?

#632 Dub, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013
  13. Salami

Salami Active Member

I awoke late in the day, judging by all the tea I drank I had to take a massive piss. Durov was knocked out on the couch with some ladie's lipstick on his face. He prefers Alcohol, I prefer Tea.
    After five minutes of nothing but piss I decided it's time to go. I grabbed a sheet of paper from my backpack and wrote him a note saying "Going off, good luck with all that tea." and shoved it up his nose. I took a kilo of tea with me, and left five for him.

I got dressed, and grabbed my gear. I decided to grab a bite then go on my way back to the Market. The only thing that seemed edible was a little bit of cooked mushrooms along with a healthy cup of tea. So much mushrooms in one meal. I wolfed it down and looked around for any caravan news, I saw a bulletin board with a schedule on it. "PUBLIC CARAVANS CANCELLED"

"Great" I muttered "I'll have to take service tunnels and proceed on foot." Somehow, I had to travel the distance and get to Pavletskaya. I looked around and spotted an abandoned motorcart, the engine hummed, and the operator was casually walking off... It was risky, but I don't wanna spend any more time here, it's too... Odd.

So, I did what my dick told me to, and slowly creeped over, where, when no one was looking, I layed down behind some sheet metal, and slowly grasped the throttle lever. I pulled it back, and released the brakes, I began to putter off, the owner only noticed when I had passed the gates, he was screaming at the guards to let him go out and get me, but they denied access.

**One hour later*

Where the hell am I? I have continued down the line and I have been hearing creepy noises and shit! I saw some rats pop out every now and then, and I covered myself in metal and a blanket, as I was scared of it, and my engine just kept moving me along, every inch felt like getting closer to safety...

14. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

1. Well, its more of a sandbox where we travel as a group and complete various missions as RP members suggest them. i.e. we do a mission, rest in a station, then someone will suggest a mission for us to do and if the group agree's, we do it.
    2. No. there are a couple of people who are still here from the first thread like Skaara Dreadlocks and Boris13. I myself feel that I"ve been here for a long time joining in part 3 of the role-play so i cant imagine what it feels like for those two.

If you want to join create a character in the character thread and read up on the last couple pages or so to get your bearings. Also don't just jump in at random, try to find a really good time and place to slid in if you feel like you can wait long enough.

15. Dub

Dub Member

Will do!
    I will start making my characters backstory when I can get on my PC on Monday.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I'll post in an hour or two, sorry I was busy with school for the few days. cough* school is the devil *cough

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

Aaron answered everything correctly except this one question :p
    Boris13's character from Roleplay Thread 1 is dead long long ago. My character Benjamin Soprano is the only one still standing from Thread 1, although Boris13 and I are the only two roleplayers that has participated since Thread 1. But Boris13 has come and gone a lot. I believe there's at least one thread where he hasn't posted even once :p What I'm trying to say is
    FUK YESH IM DA BAWS BEEN HERE LONGER THAN U, IM VETERAN LEET SHIT NIGGA.
    :)

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

*Four hours later...........*

19. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

SKAARA! Such provocative and derogatory behaviour. I shall ban you for using bad words.

20. DrDarcy

DrDarcy Well-Known Member

You can't ban Skaara, he's "2 1337 4 u!" He's so "fresh" no-one of us can "touch his shiit."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.