Roleplay Part 10

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

*Sigh* It seems like I've been standing here for an eternity yet for only a minute or two at the same time. It feels strange. A linger I've never before felt control my body and mind. I've died... I know this much. I've killed myself. After all the years of fighting and danger it is my own hand that does me in, or maybe, his hand.
    I hate to say the name, I really do. So long I've fought the truth, argued the facts that proved themselves time and time and again.

I've lost.

No matter how many times I try to tell myself "I'm in control, It's still me...", it's finally time to accept the truth. Voskresshiy has taken me. I'm hidden beneath a mask of flame and insanity. A mask that as time goes on has begun to become my true face. I've faded away. Only a faint light disappears into the darkness. I wave it off with a sinister grin.

Such a strange feeling indeed. I feel stretched out as if I've been carrying a bolder for miles, yet at the same time as if my strength knew no bounds. They unnaturally balance themselves out giving me a sensation I've never before experienced. Not tired nor energetic. Not cold nor hot. Not thirsty nor quenched. A mythic state somewhere in-between. The only thing I truly feel is anger and malice, not my own but his. Or is it mine then?

I want to have fun. I want to find my so called friends and torture their minds and spirit that's what I want to do. I feel the satisfaction already. They are to me as open necks for a vampire. I will bend this world to my will because this realm is mine and it obeys it's master. They will know the true devil as their dreams become nightmares and they enter my world to play my game.

#~#~#~#~#~#

Ah, Joe's fabled laboratory. Seemed so awe inspiring when I first set eyes on it, now? It reminds me of how petty and desperate mankind is. They build and build like busy little bee's even when their hive has all but burned to the ground. It would be laughable if their toys hadn't incinerated nearly every soul on the planet. That's my job and I was doing just fine on my own until they decided to ruin the playing field those fucking idiots! However, their mistake has changed the game substantially, and I actually enjoy it somewhat. It's so much more personal. One at a time. Breaking their souls piece by piece is a satisfaction unmatched in any world. Their struggling and resistance is just so... Mmm.

These Stalkers are the perfect pawns for my game. I'll make them last, torturing their minds ever so slowly. We will see who stalks who here.

You know if you guys would like to start describing your dreams like you used to but with me making them absolute nightmares of flame and malice that'd be greeeat. :| I'd love to see how you describe your nightmare... As long as it involves me torturing your minds lol. Or not. That too.

#541 Aaron, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Holy crap, this turned out to get longer than I expected :lol:
    In the middle of the vast room, I stand. The roof above me, shaped like a large dome, the walls being in beige limestone. The room is dark, except for the candles placed specifically around in the room, and the rays of sunlight beaming in through the narrow openings in the wall that goes all the way from the floor up to the ceiling. One large discreetly decorated pillars stands in the center of the room, supporting the center weight of the circular ceiling that looks the like inside of a ball.

The room itself is rectangular, and simple. At the inner location of the room, there are cushions in front of a stage with a statue, in marble, of a woman holding a moon and a sun in her hands, towards the skies. I realize I'm in a monastery. No, not a monastery, but the monastery. The monastery in Japan. Has my whole life in the Metro only been a nightmare? A journey to a parallel universe?

I start walking towards the stage, seeing my old master. The man who has been like a father to me for my whole life. My mentor. He is bald and old, but has to be the most healthy man in the world for his age. "Sit down, Benji", he says in Japanese. He has never called me Benji before. Only the people in the Metro have. Yet I don't realize that he does. I sit down beside him, on another cushion. As we're both facing the statue, he has his eyes closed, his legs crossed, his hands on his knees, his back straightened up with his chest shooting out into the air. He's wearing bright brown, almost orange, robes.

(Notice, everyone's talking Japanese in this dream)

"You have returned at last", he says to me calmly, not moving any muscle as much as an inch. I stay silent. "You must have many questions", he says eventually. "Is this real?", I ask him. "It always has been, it always will be", he answers. "How long have I been gone?", I ask. "You have been gone for the same ammount of time you have been somewhere else", he answers me. I look closely at him. "You would be dead after twenty years, master", I tell him. He finally opens his eyes slowly and turns his head to look at me with disbelief in his eyes. He looks at me like that for a while before he smiles and says "Son Of The South, you know better than that". I look at him for a while before I understand what he means. "My apologies, Shang. I won't call you Master again", I say with a slight smile. "Good", he says and turns back to look at the statue.

"Twenty years... You must be glad to have returned from your Walkabout, then", he said. "Walkabout? Is that what this whole neverending nightmare have been?", I asked. He just nods once. I look at the statue in silence. He slightly nudges his head with a little frown. "You are not satisfied with having lengthened your lifetime by twenty years", he says in a surprised way. I look down at myself, realizing first now that I'm only twenty years old again. "Being away from home, what I love, the people I love, for a quarter of a lifetime, for twenty years...", I take a deep shaky breath. "I have forgotten so much, Shand. These twenty years of extention has only been a miserable addition to my life in which I would rather not live. I have been hardened, weakened, easened and scarred. I cannot remember her face, father!", I say desperately and in vain.

"You cannot change the past, Benjamin. Rather see what you can do to fix it, than to dwell over it", he said. I want to say that that is easy for him to say; he hasn't spent twenty years in a nightmare. But I know that he is right. "It is about time you remember her face, Benji", he says with a mild voice. I would look puzzled at him for calling me that, if it was not for the fact that an incoming shadow now blocked the sunlight that was hitting my back. I turn to look towards the doorway, where a figure stands with the blinding sun behind her. I can see the light white faimiliar robes, the long hair swinging in the air, and her whole general size. It is her. I can not see her face because no light is shining on it, and the sun is blinding me just as much as her beauty is. But I know it is her, as she approaches me, and I get up on my feet from the cushion.

As she gets close enough for the candles to light up her front side, including her face, and her hair blows away from her face, I cannot believe what my eyes are showing me. Her face... is on fire. It is burning. I cannot recognize her face, because it is burning to pieces. She screams in pain in a voice so terrifyingly horrid that it melts my bones and pressurizes my brain, it crushes my heart with the weight of a thousand needles. "NO!" I yell out in vain, looking to Shang for help. His face is burning as well, but he is just sitting there in the exact same way as before, looking up at me. A powerful stream of flames bursts continuously out of his eyes and his mouth, while the rest of his face burns and melts, dripping down onto the floor of compact earth.

I look back over to her, fire is emitting out from her eyes and her mouth as well, and her face begins to melt. She cries out my name "Benjamin!", with a voice that cuts through my chest. I try to grab her, but she falls onto the ground as her whole body catches fire. She rolls around helplessly, and I do not know what to do. For some reason, I look towards the statue in the opposite direction. The statue moves its head towards me, forming a sinister grin of anger, malice and satisfaction. It drops its arms down and drops the moon and sun to the floor so they crush in a thousand pieces before they melt as well. The statue switches shape and becomes a man. A man from the Metro. A stalker. It looks like Gena, but... it's not him.

The next thing I see is her face right in front of mine. So close that I could feel the heat from her burning and melting face, the flames from her eyes and mouth striking me as she screams horrifyingly in terror. I sat up quickly as I emitted a yell in fear from the bottom of my lungs. I looked around in the gloomy dark silent room. My adrenaline was pumping and my heart beating at the fastest rate I've ever experienced, the sweat was flowing like a thousand tiny waterfalls and my breath was pulsing so loud that I sounded like a mating mutant. Where am I?

3. Wandering Metroperson

Wandering Metroperson Active Member

Um quick question sorry to interupt when can I join in?

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hey :) We're currently in a high-security base that you simply couldn't possibly be, or get, inside of. If you look shortly back in this roleplay, at the dates of the posts, you can see we haven't posted much in quite a while. The roleplay has been stopped for some time, but we're trying to start it up again now. But for now, things will unfortunately go agonizingly slowly. So it will be some time before we're out of the base. But hopefully it won't be too long, and you can then meet us wherever we are. You'll have to just follow up a little and get a sense of the situation we're in and where we are. You could start planning now if you want to :) I've forgotten where the base actually is. TheStalker, could you tell us where the base is in the Metro?
    Wandering Metroperson, I'll make sure to PM you when we're leaving the base ;)

5. Wandering Metroperson

Wandering Metroperson Active Member

My character is a exranger lol still wears his old gear I will add name to my sig once I get in and thanks for pming me when your out that is thanks ahead of time.

6. Aaron

Regular

Hmm, so much suffering and torment exists in these minds even without my aid it almost makes me feel obsolete. The lot of these Stalkers are worse off without me but one in particular falls interestingly under my happy gaze. He reeks of longing and desire in such a way that I can't possibly resist.

Ah. Benjamin. Let's see what you desire.

A monastery in Japan? I must admit that it's been years since a soul has dreamed outside of Moscow or the vast Steppes. And a woman! Oh my... He desires nothing more than to see her face again, I can feel it pulsing through his heart. I remember this one. Such a tragic and untimely death. I was there. Im always there. To pick up the shattered pieces of humanities decisions. He knows she's gone yet still longs to see her face once more. How poetic. Well if he wants to see what has become of her soul let's show him then.

I watch through eyes of stone as Benjamin's world crumbles around him in a symphony of flame and agony. He seems so surprised to see the love of his life in her true form. It always humbles me to see mankind breakdown to it's true barbaric state as even a love like Benjamin's is cast away by fear and misunderstanding. His mind is racing like nothing he's ever experienced before. His heart could stop beating and yet his mind would still race around as long as he remains in my realm. There is still yet one more ace up my sleeve that I can no longer contain. I want him to know who has revealed the truth. I want him to see the demon who Stalks him. A soul hidden within the flesh of their own brethren. I gaze into his panic stricken eyes with a grin that bursts into a glorious roar of satisfaction and fulfillment as the whole world is engulfed in flame. My most beloved tool.

Finally his mind pulls him from the depths of his nightmare and leaves him shaking and whimpering on the floor like a stray dog. I stand at the base of his feet looking down on him. So fragile and vulnerable. I'd pull out my knife and saw his throat open here and now if I had rule in this realm. Sadly I'll just have to imagine the thrill.

Unfortunately in this realm I can be no more than a ghost to most people. However, the more their minds slip into my realm the more powerful my presence in their world I become. A shadow in the light. A whisper from the darkness. As their minds slip into madness I will be there to pick up the pieces. I'm always there.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

I looked around in the room. It was empty, but it felt like someone was right there, looking at me. Watching me.
    I got up in only my brown cargopants and my black T-shirt attached the katana in its holster to my bed and wandered out of the room. Gloomy darkness, gloomy colors. The cold and dark look of steel, or whatever the place was made of. The base could not really be that big, so I wandered off half-tiredly to explore a little. Strange half-circling short hallways leading to different rooms with different equippment. I seemed to be alone, everyone else seemed to still be asleep.

8. Aaron

Regular

>:| come on! Lets GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Next person, post a corresponding dream, go go go!

10. Aaron

Regular

"Ah yes, a nice quiet walk to rid yourself of that terrible nightmare eh? Perhaps I'll join you."

You know. I've been to a lot of places and seen a lot of things over the years. I'd swam with Rasputin in the icy Nevka. Rode shotgun in Lenin's Rolls Royce. And stood at Stalin's side as he hailed the masses. They where always nice, but what I always enjoyed the most where small, quiet walks like these. It's a good thing too because I'd been doing a lot of those lately. These tunnel walls leave no room to spread ones wings. The only thing one can do here is put one foot in front of the other... Although the surface offers the occasional relief of flight.

Benjamin walked down multiple corridors passed endless doorways containing an assortment of useless bibity-bobs. All the time I watched Benjamin's skin crawl. Smelled the fear still dripping ripe from his pores. Listened to his weak heart pump blood through his veins. The only thing missing was the taste. But I've already had enough for the time being. After all Gena's soul just finished kicking not hours ago.

Speaking of him I must say I'm quite disappointed in the vessel he left behind for me. Such mangled flesh it's surprising it's still in one piece. There's a hole blown so deep in his chest it left a piece of gristle on his soul although I'm sure all the smoking helped with that one. Never the less I had a face they knew in my collection to use as I saw fit. But since we where on this nice little diversion I guess I had a few moments to ditch this flesh and take a more comfortable form of fire and malice because if there's one thing I hate it's these humans standing taller than me.

I wondered the whole walk if Benjamin could feel the heat on the back of his neck. See me in the corner of his eye. Hear my footsteps just ever so slightly out of tune with his own. Whenever he'd stop I'd rest my burning hands on his sholders and look down on his troubled mind. Could he feel my weight?

#550 Aaron, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I could not remember the last time I had the opportunity to think things through clear-headedly. Whenever we weren't out running or fighting, we were too tired to think clearly and rather spent the moment to get some sleep. Then, waking up, we'd have to get back on the move. Now I was awake and well rested, and everyone were still sleeping. I didn't get a chance like this even in Polis, when we had been there.
    Having nothing to do but to stroll and try to get the nightmare, or whatever it had been, off my mind, I finally had the time to remember what recently happened to Gena. His troubled mind, seeming like Schizophrenia. How much we tried to help him, but he ended up blowing himself to pieces. I couldn't really get my mind around it, because for some reason, it felt like it hadn't happened; that Gena was still here, well and alive, sleeping like the rest.

Walking through the tunnels caused a slight echo of my footsteps, making them out of tune with my own. The hallways were cold, but I wasn't. I was almost burning up, especially after the nightmare. I walked until I found what looked like an old bathroom, where running ice-cold water came out of the tap in a metallic sink. I folded my hands in a cup and filled it with water, then proceeded to splash it in my face repeatedly. For some reason, I did so to my shoulders and my neck as well, soaking the upper part of my black T-shirt. The water ran down from my hands towards my elbows, but stopped soon when it reached the hard thick brown worn leather-bracelets that went from my wrist to my elbow.

I placed my hands on each side of the sink and leaned on my arms, looking into the mirror in front of me, where I could see the rest of the room as well. I blinked once, quickly, thinking I saw a figure behind me in the mirror. After the blink, I thought I saw Gena. His skin was pale, his eyes were white with a shady faded grey-color in them, and his clothes were torn to shreds on his body. I turned around quickly, grabbing the handle of the sword in my belt, pulling it 1/4th out of its holster, but stopped. The sharp, quick and sudden noise of metal sliding against metal ringed through hallway after hallway in an everlasting echo, going ever so more silent for each repeat. It must've echoed through the whole base. There were no one in front of me. No Gena, no figure, nothing. Was I still dreaming? Or was I just in shock after Gena's death? Slowly and inecurely I looked back at the mirror where I saw only myself. I knew Dark Ones could alter your mind, and I knew specific radiation could make you see things. But I also knew neither of those were here. I splashed my face again and made my way out from the bathroom.

#551 Skaara Dreadlocks, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
  12. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I needed a rest, both mental and physical, from running away from mutties, and from the images in my head. I didn't want to close my eyes, everytime I did I just saw the image of Gena blowing up over and over again, with the memory of the last time I saw Olga. I needed to do something about it, but what?

I had susrvived this long in the Metro and in the Zone by being strong, and I couldn't crumble now. I couldn't let myself go into meltdown, because if I did I would just run out there on my own, in the path of a bunch of nosies, and let them take me. But I was not going to do that, I had Jet to think about, and this group of ragtags I called my family, so gathering my inner strengnth I got up I approached Benji who was just coming out of the bathroom

'I appreciate the patch on your shoulder, thank you my old friend. It means a lot to me you wearing it' I said to him with a sincere smile on my lips.

'So, now what do we do? If I'm honest with you, there is something about this whole set up I don't like. Just can't put my finger onto it' I whispered to Benji carefull not to be overheard by anyone

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Approaching the others again, Odessa was now awake and expressed her grattitude over me stitching on and wearing the Stalker patch. I made a confirming nod with my upper body, my hands folded on my back, my head slightly tilted and a smile. She then discreetly expressed her displease and uncertainty regarding the situation. I looked at her for a little moment, then looked around in the hallway, then back at her again. "What is your opinion on the ostrich's tactics to avoid peril, Odessa?", I asked her in reply.

14. Jet Odessa

'I don't like it. Why all the waiting? I know we have to be careful, but if time is of the essence, as it seems to be.......' I said leaving the sentence unfinished and trying to come up with the answer in my head.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I gave off a short smile. "I was referring to the way it sticks its head in the sand", I explained to Odessa. "I too have a feeling there is something that is not right in all of this. But if Joe speaks the truth, abandoning the mission will only delay the inevitable. Although something definitely seems out of context, I believe Joe is a man who speaks the truth. There is nothing else we can do than to simply go on with the mission. The best we can do is to keep our senses keen and be ready for anything. Expect the worst, hope for the best", I continued.
    "I also believe it is time we wake the others up, we apparently have quite the day ahead of us", I said as I began to walk towards the sleeping quarters, motioning for Odessa to follow.

16. Jet Odessa

I smiled about the putting the head in the sand bit. I knew what he was referring to nonetheless.

'Yeah, I know what you mean and I do agree about Joe being truthful. Is just gut feeling, so we better be on our guard. Come on then, let's wake the others up' I said to Benji giving him a playful punch on the shoulder.

'Pitty we don' have a metal pot and spoon to wake them up with....' I muttered, a mischievous smile on my face.

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

"Better yet, two metal pots", I said as we entered the sleeping quarters. I looked for what might look like a light switch, and there was. I found a switch and turned it, turning the lights on, the electricity illuminating the room. I raised my voice a little, just about enough to wake them up, and not unnecessarily loud, "Come on, everyone. We need to get moving again if we really want to take down these elephant-things" I said in a kind of joking way.

So who are we, anyway? It's me (Benjamin), Jet Odessa (Odessa&Jet), TheStalker (Joe), M1Shooter...??

18. Aaron

Regular

Think I'm gunna wait till you guys move along a little more before I post since my character doesn't really progress the mission at all. But I'm glad to see Odessa's back!

19. Jet Odessa

so am I!

I rummaged through my rucksack and pulled out a small metal plate which double as pot, and wooden spoon and gave Benji a mischievous look.

'Should I......?'

#559 Jet Odessa, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
  20. Skaara Dreadlocks

I chuckled. "Go right ahead", I answered, crossing my arms with the same mischievous smile as her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.