Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Bamul, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The first teaser trailer for Rogue One has been published, embedded below:

[YOUTUBE]Wji-BZ0oCwg[/YOUTUBE]

For those unfamiliar with this, it is an upcoming Star Wars film - set to hit the cinemas in December of 2016. It will be the first proper Star Wars feature film that will not be part of the main story, but will still be canon. Set not long before Episode IV: A New Hope, it will be about the Rebels who stole the plans of the first Death Star and made its destruction possible. Apparently the first in a future series of Star Wars Anthology films, the second one will be a Han Solo origin story set to release in 2018 and the third will be a Boba Fett origin story in 2020 (Episode VIII Is scheduled for 2017, whilst Episode IX will arrive in 2019).

I personally think the trailer looks alright, actually shows quite a lot for a teaser, but that makes sense if it's gonna be released at the end of this year. It got me a bit excited, so I'm looking forward to it. I think these "anthologies" are an interesting idea. In this world everything is being turned into a franchise and milked for money, so we might as well enjoy it when they try to diversify it a little (part of the idea behind these Star Wars side stories is that they will star mostly characters who are not Force-sensitive). Although I am eagerly awaiting this and the Han Solo film, I have to admit that Boba Fett's story is what intrigues me the most.

What does everyone else think?

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Looks interesting, good to see they are expanding the universe after they fucked over the book lovers

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I suppose I was expecting a continuation of The Force Awakens. But on the other hand, this does indeed look interesting. Star Wars has always been about the Jedi, it's 'bout time we get a closer look at the rebellion. This could get mighty good, and I expect that it will :D