Rift Or Aion, which mmo is better?

Discussion in 'Rift' started by Gloomer, May 15, 2015.

1. Gloomer

Gloomer Member

I have both downloaded on my computer and procrastinated long enough. But I only havetime for one. which is better?

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Rift is alright, good gameplay, decent pvp, and a good storyline to play for a while. If you are only going to be playing for 2-3 hours, you may or may not spend it devoting the time to closing invasion Rifts, which are large scale PvE events that occur in each zone.

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

AION, flying was a decent hook for the game, but it might get repetitive for a while in the game play since you are only allowed to fly in certain areas, plus a time limit for using flight. (Gets higher later game when you are geared enough to make flying last longer.) The PvP however takes a larger part since you will be fighting territory over large areas against the opposing faction in order to get items

4. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Hmmm, well I can't say much about Aion, besides the fact it's systems seem very good, detailed, and unique. It also has pretty high sys requirements. While as RIFT is a little empty at certain times of the day right now, everything works as planned, the community is good, and the quests and classes feel great and robust.

5. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I would say if you are willing to spend money and pay to win you should go with Aion as it is more enjoyable in terms of gameplay and if you have the money, that's a great support. If you want great gameplay but not as great as Aion but the difference is you don't have to pay a lot and your effort can pay off as if you're playing the game completely free, Rift is great.

6. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

Rift is much better then Aion, in my opinion. I tried both and only had fun with Rift. Aion is all flashy and awesome looking, but deep down inside, it is a grind-fest type MMO, which I personally hate. Rift has much better quests, random events and is much more user friendly.

7. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Aion to me. Rift is too much PvE based and after a while it feels like you're playing it offline if you're not playing with some friends. Also Aion has some better graphics to me rather than Rift and also the scenarios in Aion are wonderful and gorgeous.

8. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I pre-ordered Aion. I got the Collector's Edition. However and very unfortunately, I played two days of it and got extremely bored. It was a total waste of my money. I gave it another shot and played it near the end of my free month for about three hours and eventually quit, then uninstalled the game, never to play it again.

Too many invisible walls. It was a grindfest. The flying mechanic sucked balls. The quest areas were not immersive. You had to 'load' into a new area before you can continue. Maybe the game is different today, but the game was bad. The concept art was gorgeous and that's as much merit as I can give it.

I have no opinion of Rift. My friend had tried to encourage me to give it a shot, but I didn't.

9. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think they're both very PvE based really.

10. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

Just try Rift for a while, it's free after all... If it doesn't suit you, you can put it down as a waste of time rather than a waste of money.

11. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Not really about Aion. Maybe whne you're levelling yes because you can't PvP yet but when you reach the end game with gear and crafting capped then you're quite OK for starting to PvP in areas like Tiamaranta.