Quantcast

Remember Hellgate: London?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by SolarCell, Nov 21, 2013.

1. SolarCell

SolarCell Member

I loved this game while it lasted. I thought it had great theme, story, setting, and gameplay.

The item system was great because it was made by some of the creators of Diablo 2 and it had some of the same qualities. The atmosphere was also awesome for the same reason.

Too bad they had to shut down the servers. I know you can still play it offline but it is not the same. This game had the potential to be the next greatest MMO with the creators of Diablo 2 behind it.

I have always wanted a Diablo MMO that was more like Diablo 2. Diablo 3 was a disappointment for me. It is a good game but not nearly as good as it could have been.

Why do you think the game failed? I think that this game would have been more successful if it was set up like a full MMO instead of just the towns.

Rest in peace Hellgate: London. You will be missed.

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member Regular

I remember this game and I loved it! It had a good atmosphere that made you love the gameworld.

3. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I never played the game, but the name sounds familiar, but for some reason I never gave the game a try.

4. Rice

Rice Active Member

To be honest, the game's severs has been revived for a couple years now, it's published by T3Fun currently, and they even finally released Hellgate: Tokyo as a patch quite some time ago too.

It's still as fun as it was back then, and honestly, the amount of weapons/items that drop is still ridiculous as ever, which is somewhat of a addicting part of it, even though you still never have the proper inventory space for it.

It never gave me the same feel as Diablo II, though. However, I do see some aspects that are similar. I just don't know if I'd quite compare the two. I believe the game failed actually due to poor marketing and bugs.