Rarest ships in EVE?

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by DomDom, Jan 29, 2014.

1. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Personally never played EVE but always read the news about it (remember some guy infiltrating some corporation for a year before killing the boss). I always wondered what the biggest and rarest ships in EVE were? How does one get one and how rare are they ?

2. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

Technically, the rarest ship in eve is the Opux Luxury Yacht. Apparently there are two in the universe that are player controllable: one was boarded after an actor ejected from the ship (I actually have no clue about this one) and then was sold off, and the other was given to a couple who became engaged on stage during the 2005 fanfest (they are married now, not sure if they still play or not.) AFAIK this ship is simply priceless, as it is not seeded in the market and only two exist, neither of which are planning to be sold anytime soon.

The BIGGEST ships are Titans, the pretty much endgame ship in EVE. They take years to train into, cost billions upon billions of ISK, and take months to produce. Last week, about 77 of them died in firey explosions. That equates to about $240-$300k USD.

Hope that helps, it's all I can think of offhand. :D

3. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

That is huge! Is EVE still being played by alot of users? How many Titans do exist and how many player corporations exist? Do corporations have power struggles? The world of EVE is very very interesting!

4. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

EVE is still played by tons of people. They tend to have 40-50 thousand players on at one time. I'm not sure if there are finite numbers on how many Titans are in the game, but it isn't nearly as the smaller ships. Player coporations, again still not sure of the count, do have some power struggles. The game definition of a corporation isn't actually the largest grouping of players you can accumulate. After corps are alliances, which are even bigger player formed groups.

5. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

So you can basically make your own factions and have wars like in the real world? Have there ever been situations where such huge battles between dominant alliances happened?

6. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

Oh boy where to start.

Saying you can make your own factions is both true, and ironic. Corporations and Alliances aren't really "factions", but you can categorize them as such for lack of better description. The ironic part is that CCP released a new method of PVP a while back, known as Faction Warfare. You can enlist either you, your corporation, or your alliance, into one of the four Empire factions' militias; the current war standings are Caldari vs Gallente, and Amarr vs Minmatar. It's basically organized PVP, where you can shoot enemies on sight anywhere in space.

Aside from that, alliances and coalitions (groups of friendly alliances) sometimes go to war, either officially or unofficially (the low security space or the un-policed "null-sec" is a low risk/free fire zone, respectively). There have been some huge fights in the past, usually stemming from a player pressing the wrong button. The Battle of Asakai, the battle in 6VDT-H, and recently the fight in B-R5RB are the few that stand out to me. I think there was also a big battle in Hek, but it slipped my radar so I don't remember :D. They probably log over 10k deaths total. I was there for 6VDT, it was actually miserable. Couldn't do anything due to Tidi, and the fleet I was in never saw the real action (probably because we would all crash out). STILL THERE though :D

7. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

Haha atleast you live to tell the tale! I remember a few years ago there was news about some guy infiltrating a corporation, getting to the top and killing the main guy. All that time he was working undercover for another corporation. How did this came to be if you remember the event I am talking about? :D

8. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

Yep, that would be The Mittani. Here is a wiki article taken straight from his corps wiki (NSFW some language, because internet space pirates) that describes what you're referring. Actually it doesn't seem to explain specifics since it's a lot of hate on the other alliance, but I'll do my best to explain it. TL;DR a member of the alliance who held corporation and alliance roles got bored, and the Mittani convinced him to click the "disband" button for the alliance. It literally deleted the alliance.

(also I'll remove that link [if someone else doesn't] if it's not appropriate).

9. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

What happened when he deleted? Did the leaders rearrange it or was everything destroyed? What happened to everyone who was a part of it ?

10. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

Everything was pretty much lost, the confusion that ensued kinda killed the alliance, it never reformed. I'm not too sure what happened to all the corps that were part of it, but the CFC captured all the space (I think).

11. DomDom

DomDom Well-Known Member

The best thing EVE has going for it is the graphics :D

Space graphics simply cant be done any better than it is so the game could realistically live for a very very long time!

12. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

The graphics are phenomenal. I run mine on potato only because I multibox, but whenever I'm soloing I max them out and just enjoy the scenery. I also turn them up to impress people I'm showing the game to :p

13. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I haven't played very much of the game but I hear from the lets plays that I watched are the Opux Luxury Yacht I have played for like 4 months and I haven't even been able to actually see what one even looks like yet haha.

14. Rooftops

Rooftops Member

That's because only two exist in the game. Nobody is going to undock those, because they're too collectible to lose.

15. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

Most Titans are owned by corporations and not individual persons. An Individual could never have a titan.