Ranger mode is broken in this game.

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Oppai, May 23, 2013.

1. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

meh in a way it makes sense that you only can carry a certain number of mags.

When I play I think of it like you have yer dirties loaded in the mags and the MGRs lying loose in a pouch in your backpack, hence why there is no restriction on them, you only use them as currency.
    thats how i think and play thoufh

2. tamalero

tamalero Well-Known Member

but, didnt you know.. that you can carry all these guns and weapons with no effort? (sarcasm)
    [​IMG]

really!!
    and still be able to sprint at 60Km/h for hours!
    [​IMG]

3. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

The problem is that I had my ammo maxed out almost the whole time, it's like 4A decided to use these restrictions instead of making the ammo scarce.
    Also, in a world were ammo is money, I would grab as much as possible.

4. I sell it at every station. I roughly reach the cap again by the time I reach next shop.

@tamalero: It baffled me that I carried 3000 rounds in the first game.

Six/nine magazines seems fine to me. If you ration your ammunition you'll never run out anyway.

5. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

And you would carry as much as possible,which won't be that much considering you're wearing a 50 kilos suit,some mags,three weapons,knives and a couple of incendiary/pipe bombs.

Frankly,this conversation is pointless. The ones finding ranger hardcore broken will not listen to a reason and will find hundreds more reasons to "prove" that it is. The others that do not think that way should simply enjoy ranger hardcore,no mater if it's broken or not.

6. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

This is a good point. And I suggest people listen.

But at the same time, I would just stop replying to this thread since it was more or like Dead before. It has come to an end and doesnt need to be revived for useless reasons. and This is for everyone. Even me.

Just. Let. The. Thread. Die.

7. lebbers

lebbers Well-Known Member

Thank heavens that resourceful posters have discovered that the game does, in fact, state that there is no HUD in Ranger mode. Imagine how silly I feel for having labored under so foolish a misapprehension!

Similarly, I'm pleased that none of the aforementioned individuals can be bothered to note that literally none of the mode's detractors are asking for a HUD but that these detractors are instead asking for a diegetic means of collating data that the in-game character would certainly be collating.

Bravo, brave rangers: nuking the Dark Ones wouldn't have been possible without this kind of steadfast incuriosity and unwavering certitude!

8. Hoenkoper

I'm not having serious trouble with Last Light's ranger mode, I just doubt why 4A changed all those things while 2033's ranger mode was perfect (for me).

Edit: on second thoughts I have the exact opposite of your statement. All the problems here should never have appeared and should have been tweaked because of change in gameplay (knives, grenades, filters) or should have remained the same as in 2033 (ammo). Not being able to know how much ammo you have left is ridiculous for a shooter and doesn't add immersion, only frustration. At least give us option to count it without using HUD.
    Now, you all keep defending this while it's obvious that the ranger mode is poorly done and feels rushed. Most people who have troubles with This Ranger mode were fan of 2033's, that says enough.
    I'm really positive about this game but ranger mode is a real disappointment.

#68 Hoenkoper, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  9. I've never looked my ammunition count up in M2033 outside of exchange kiosks and after an impossible feat of memorizing four throwables' positions I never had issues with those either.

:rolleyes:

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Why is everyone having so much trouble i just used some simple maths

11. Dudebot121256

Dudebot121256 Member

You sir, have won yourself a bullet for such an awesome post. Yea, 1 bullet is nothing but I kinda lent all mine to Bourbon and he hasn't paid me back yet :/

12. tamalero

can you imagine using a tablet to count down the number of bullets? lol
    "I used.. let's see.. 2 full clips on PAVEL, then moved to the next level with XXX amount.. I fired XXX on XX part and then picked XX on XX zone!
    so I have XXX left!
    "

also, what are bullets for? (In the forum I mean)

13. Hoenkoper

That doesn't really work when you can't see how much ammo you pick up.

14. TotalAaron

Jeez guy lets see Kalash=30 Burst=26 and so on not hard

15. TotalAaron

Can your brain not do more than one equation at a time

16. tamalero

hmm, I hope you're not pulling a "badass forum crusader".

anyway its easy if you're not doing much, but when theres panic (Ie surrounded by mutants for example..good luck trying to count even with an abacus)

17. TotalAaron

I finished it on RHC no problems keeping count during the more "crazy" parts

18. saxojon

saxojon Member

Its not about whether or not one can do simple subtraction. Everyone can do that (unless you have some serious clinical retardation going on, in which case you're probably not playing this game in the first place). Its about adding unneccesary annoyances to gameplay. Keeping a mental or written tally over recources one easily could have counted in a second by merely looking at it, is bs.

The criticism isn't about the rules of gameplay being unclear, its about gameplay being silly for the sake of saving development dollars.

#78 saxojon, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
  19. TotalAaron

And my argument is if you dont like it dont do it 4A arn't forcing you

20. saxojon

saxojon Member

Of course they aren't forcing anyone to do anything, but hopefully they are appreciating community feedback.