Random Music Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Potarto, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been done already at some point, I'm just too lazy to search for it and I figure it can't hurt to have a new one regardless, since something new to discuss would be nice.

So yeah. This might be a bad idea based on some of my previous experiences with talking about music with people, but go ahead and post whatever you want; be it something you're listening to now, the song of your people, or even something music-y you made.

Also feel free to discuss music posted, just remember for the sake of discussion that no music is objectively "better" than any other, and nobody's opinions in music are more valid than anybody else's for any reason.

2. Covalent

Covalent Well-Known Member

I'd post something, but it says I don't have enough posts to post URLs. :'(

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I love the music in your second link: Roadworkers Lunch in Moscow :pound:! I have no fu$#!*% clue what they're saying, but even then, it's such a catchy tune!! :D :D :D And then I began to read the comments while the song was playing in the background and immediately laughed in a agreeing manner to the first one because it's sooo true!!:
    I am not really open to much of today's music, but the other two that you posted up were the exception. The one that you made yourself is really good by the way.... and great thread idea :thumb:

My turn:this... lol, I'm just kidding. Time for me to stop laughing at my own jokes. :pound:

For real this time.... I've been listening to a lot of Quiet Riot lately -specifically their first album - and have played the cassette hundreds of times; and yes, you read right. I use cassettes. I'm not an old geezer, no. I've have just grown up listen to 70s and 80s music and decided there is no reason to be buy the albums in CD format if I can get them cheaper through cassette...and they're better quality, too. And my two favorite bands, AC/DC and Mötley Crüe. To me, these two don't have one single bad song.

4. Potarto

I believe it's like 10 posts or something. Can you do youtube videos?

[you.tube]videocodegoeshere[/youtube]
    ex.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[xjaLRqD3zVo]<---bracketed part goes up top
    Remove the period too, of course.

@Stalker
    Thanks.

And interesting picks, I remember you posting before about being a Mötley Crüe fan, so I figured you were into similar acts from that time period. I used to be into Iron Maiden when I was younger, and I certainly enjoyed modern entrants in the style such as Runnin' Wild and Saints of Los Angeles when they popped up in my Rock Band music libraries, though I don't have quite the same passion for the true 'classics". (I can still appreciate their influences on the direction of music general of course)

I used to be really into Metalcore when I was in High School (god I still love August Burns Red for the emotion they put into their work and the way they use irregular tempos), though I've really had my head sunk in EDM though for the last year or so.

#4 Potarto, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  5. Covalent

15 posts, actually. And I'll give it a shot.

Nope. Didn't work. :(

6. Potarto

Dang. Well, that sucks. I'm sure you could post a bunch in the spam thread or something to speed things up.

7. Covalent

I was kinda hoping to get into the RP scene. That'd boost it. :D I'm just having trouble thinking of a way to integrate a somewhat unusual character.

8. Potarto

Every group needs a bard.

9. Covalent

Not exactly what I had in mind. ;) Anyway, I took your advice and am posting in some spam threads. I'll post up some songs I enjoy shortly, I hope!

10. Potarto

Looking forward to it.

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Thanks.

Where have I been all these years? I have been put into a paranoid rut of thinking that most modern music (excuse me on this, as I know you said not to do what I'm about to say for the sake of other people's taste in music) was 'bad'; BUT, that has changed now. The reason I thought the way I did wad because, now that I look back on it, was due to really a few songs. I don't know the names of them, but all I can say that they came out during the time when Grunge music was very popular. It was really on those few song that I kept hearing on the radio that annoyed me because of the singers' voices were too whiny and the lyrics to the music was just getting to a point where the only they would sing about was: rape this, rape that, shoot this, kill that, dope this. After that, I basically built a barrier around my mind, blocking out any music that was released after a certain year. I'll stop there, as I don't want to continue going against the grain on this thread. I'll just leave it as, "it's over now." :)

Anyway, those were great songs, too. Here are some more that I like; this a modern group that does a retro feel to 'elctro' music as some might say. Sorta what you might expect in a sci-fi, futuristic, dystopian, retro world. I think you might like them, Jabba ;) Power Glove and here too. Kind of strange, but cool. Some of you may recognize them from Far Cry's: Blood Dragon DLC.

Here's another song that I like Hold Tight. It's from the movie Death Proof by Quentin Tarantino. It's a good movie by the way. The only thing that might get to some is that there is hardly any action until the end, women talking about nothing for most of the time that only plays out in the movie for character build, and the psycho guy (Kurt Russell) only appears a few times. But, I liked it either way.

Lastly, Warrant

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Warning strong language and themes in these songs

Blue stahli- Scrape

[YOUTUBE]AH-LlLBzxM8[/YOUTUBE]

Blue stahli- Takedown

[YOUTUBE]_Ks0geHHFY0[/YOUTUBE]

Celldweller- Elara

[YOUTUBE]9XTU66zow_8[/YOUTUBE]

The black angels- The first vietnamese war

[YOUTUBE]9WZ2I28Chk0[/YOUTUBE]

The black angels- Bad vibrations

[YOUTUBE]3jV6TnBC2nk[/YOUTUBE]

Saliva Click click boom

[YOUTUBE]YfjTZLxekig[/YOUTUBE]

Garbage not your kind of people

[YOUTUBE]zEClCAFjYHg[/YOUTUBE]

Attack on titan intro :D

[YOUTUBE]8jTHfdgCiDU[/YOUTUBE]

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]?v=E9y5XPCILFM[/YOUTUBE]

14. Potarto

@Nuke
    I like the Powerglove tracks, and Blood Dragon was pretty damn awesome. Still feel the same about the classic stuff; not something I'd personally put in my library, though still obviously easy to appreciate.

@Jabba
    Blue Stahli is pretty neat. I like the driving sort of sound they have; feels kinda rough and has a good edge, yet feels tight and sorta synthesized at the same time. Reminds me a bit of Saliva. I like the stuff you posted, think I'll check out more of their stuff. I feel like I've heard parts of Takedown somewhere before.

Celldweller is pretty neat too. I like how they use a good variety of instrumentation (the orchestra stuff is a really nice twist) without just sampling like crazy to make things sound complex. Thanks for these two groups.

Black Angels has a nice, laid-back organic kind of sound (kinda reminds me of early psychedelic stuff like the Grateful Dead). Not my favorite, but I wouldn't change the channel if they came on my radio.

Ah, there's Saliva. I didn't realize they were such a grungy-looking band, their songs always felt a bit more polished and clean-cut for hard-ish rock. I do like their stuff though, Ladies and Gentlemen is definitely a classic of the genre.

Garbage is pretty unique, I remember somebody telling me that they're actually based out of the city I live in. Hadn't heard anything before from them other than "I Think I'm Paranoid" in RB1, the one you posted is pretty different. Nice harmony they have going, I like them a bit more than the Black Angels.

I do need to watch Attack on Titan at some point. I've had a few people recommend it (and I saw a pretty neat recreation of the intro done in Halo 4), so it's on my list. And a good intro song always helps keep me clicking on the next episode.

@Bamul
    Sounds pretty solid. Like I've said, I'm not a huge fan of older stuff, but they've obviously got their shit together. Not a huge punk rock guy either (minor chord transitions just don't do it for me), but still, seems well put together, and I can see how other people would enjoy listening to them.

And to throw another few pieces in; Sound Remedy makes some cool stuff. Interesting, more atmospheric take on EDM style.
    [youtube]cSPfeTwl8Kw[/youtube]
    [youtube]YRrYClM0ly4[/youtube]

#14 Potarto, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  15. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I've begun listening to Airbourne after you linked one of their songs here, Potarto. They have a simple way of playing and a classic sound to them as well. Thanks, because I would have never though of listening to them.

16. Potarto

:D
    Yeah, they're the only group I've seen to do a modern take on that classic kind of sound.

17. NuclearWastE3

Regular

This song. I always thought if I ever got high on some drug (which I wont), I would listen to this song and imagine myself flying through the air and up into outer space for an epic cosmic tour of the galaxy!!

[YOUTUBE]?v=55nAwmVLQSk[/YOUTUBE]

18. Covalent

Hey guys, what do you think of harpsichords? Fun? I always thought they were sort of like for fancy rich parties in the 1600s till I found a few jazz harpsichord songs. Sounds way cool.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm having my friend over for LAN right now. Last time we had LAN, we completed Raibow Six Vegas 2 in Coop mode. When customizing our characters in the menu, this song was aaalways there, and we eventually began singing to it. And the song just gets really intense and frustrating eventually. Imagine sitting there and trying to ponder over different equippment with that horribly intense music in the background. Eventually, we've started humming on that song whenever wherever at any random given time, and it just becomes really funny like an intern joke :lol:

[YOUTUBE]?v=g0WB-ZYWx30[/YOUTUBE]

20. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I think that same song plays in the San fran level in Resistance 2 0_o