Purе nооb quеstiоn hеrе.

Discussion in 'SMITE' started by WilliamV, May 2, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV Member
    Regular

I wаnt tо stаrt but I hаvе а rеаlly rаlly fuсking stupid аss quеstiоn. I'vе bееn lооking up guidеs tо vаriоus gоds оnlinе. Thе quеstiоn I hаvе is this: I'vе sееn thаt thеrе аrе vаriоus саtеgоriеs (оr sоmеthing) оf itеms suсh аs соrе, dеfеnsivе, dаmаgе, еtс. Аrе thеsе аll mеаnt tо bе purсhаsеd in оnе gаmе, оr аrе thеy rеprеsеntаtivе оf diffеrеnt wаys tо plаy еасh сhаrасtеr? Аs in, shоuld I buy аll thеsе itеms оr dо I сhооsе а plаy stylе аnd tаilоr my сhоiсеs bаsеd оn thаt сhоiсе. If this is tоо stupid tо аnswеr/in thе wrоng plасе, plеаsе dеlеtе. Thаnks in аdvаnсе.

2. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

Core item build means that it is the DEFAULT item build during the early-mid game, while the rest you will have to choose one and stick with it. You have to choose a playstyle, as each character can be used in a lot of ways, depending on the items that you equip them in. So basically, you play the game and get your core, and after that, depending on the situation in the game, you have to decide which build is the best to counter the other team's picks.

3. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Core items are the items that more often than not you will purchase every game. Defensive and damage items are more situational, and should be bought depending on the match you are in. If you find yourself dying quickly, you should opt for defensive items, or damage ones if you need more damage.

4. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just to add to what has been said before, it can be tricky to get a feeling for when to build something but more often than not you can find build orders that are pretty straight forward, there are at most a few variations within the final builds.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

You just have to play the game and you're going to know when to purchase certain items, don't worry about it too much if you're just starting. Play the game and after a while you're going to notice you know what items are good in certain situations.