Post-Apocalyptic RP:Zombies

Discussion in 'Zombie Roleplay' started by NuclearWastE3, Oct 12, 2014.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Sorry I took longer than what I had said. I went to go eat out afterwards. Not my idea, so I'm not entirely to blame for. Now, lets begin.:)

I stood in front of the supermarket's entrance. Its automatic doors where wide open and frozen in time. Bloody handprints smudged the glass and gave the floor a nice tint of light red as the sun beamed in. I wasn't able too see far into the store from the outside since all of the lights in it were off; all I was able make out make out were the glimmering bottoms of tin cans, reflecting off whatever sunlight managed to penetrate the sinister curtain of darkness that enveloped the store from within. The sun would finish setting within an hour.

It was the beginning of autumn. This time of year, people where generally getting ready for the town’s fall festival; but about two weeks ago, plans had changed. I don’t know what started it, but an epidemic of some sort spread like wildfire. It changed people for the worst. Being a secluded town on the backdrop of snow capped mountains, we assumed ourselves safe.

We neighbored a city, which was only 20 miles (32 Km) away. Hardly anyone visited from the city, and when they did, it was merely for our fall festival –that is, until people started getting sick. People fled to our town, Elderwood (hehe funny name), because evergreens and mountains, which would normally provide great protection from any severe type of storm or certain sicknesses, surrounded us; and for that reason, in drew in many outsiders. There was only one road that lead to Elderwood, and for our misfortune, it was also the only one that lead out.

The sickness didn't affect anyone here in town, but within a couple of days that the disease became widespread in the neighboring city, people –sick people- came in flocks. They knew we were here. The town formed a militia and ordered the sick to stop and turn back. They didn't listen. It was strange. They drew closer and none of us wanted to shoot down a living being. Then, when they approached within arms length, they started to attack. None of us did anything when one of them bit one of our own on the shoulder because, we've never seen anything like it. It was unexpected. They were cannibals! And they didn’t stop there. Several of the sick swarmed the man bit on the shoulder and began feasting on him. Several shots were fired at the sick, but it didn’t seem to affect them in any negative way. At the sight of this, many who were in the militia fled in fear. The sheer numbers of the Sick overran those who stayed and fought, then, they began moving inland.

With no way out but in, the town’s people ran in circles as the streets turned into blood ridden avenues. Those who died were reanimated. It was something the world has never seen before. More and more people died, and those who were dead, lived. I managed to escape the chaos by sticking atop of rooftops, watching the whole thing gown down in front of my eyes. Nights past but the sick –now the dead- stuck around; especially down below where I was. I called out, down bellow at the dead, but none of them answer. They were aware of my presence, but none of them replied to my callings, even when they were vulgar. I have since moved my location, my base, to the high school’s field house.

It’s been an entire week since this started here in Elderwood. The electricity has gone out and I've become hungry. Now, I stand in front of a grocery store. It’s calm and the sun warms me up as it strikes me on the back. I have with me a flashlight and wield an excellent rock pick to defend myself. I better move quickly if I want to get some supplies and get out before my sent attracts them.

I have no specific idea where this town is located globally, so if anyone would like to specify, go right ahead. You can also add large tourist locations to this town, it doesn't necessarily have to be a small town (I just made it that way so that we can get a feeling for it); or, if you'd like, you can start off in a completely different location. I like the idea of it only having one way in and one way out; that way, if we would ever want to escape, we would have to go out in one direction, forcing us to enter the city and continue until we make it out the other end. It gives the sense of being trapped with only one way out.

#1 NuclearWastE3, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

There's nothing left... It's all gone and done. I searched for what seemed like an eternity to find anything, just a scrap! But nothing remains here. I never thought I'd have the courage to admit it to myself... But there's no way around it.

The fridge, is officially... Empty. "My God..."

My stomach growls jitter against my skin like a swarm of busy, busy bees and I grunt cursedly in response. Sitting in my sleeping bag I begin to think deeply about the next few hours and what I know will inevitably have to be done. The calming flow of the propane lantern soothes me and provides the warm light I've been hugging for the past week. The electricity hasn't worked for at least as long and gone with it is seemingly everything else.

I haven't looked outside in two days and frankly... I'm just to scared to.

It was all over the news before things shutdown and everyone was so busy and frantic, even in a sleepy little town like ours. And while most people where running around and looting I was here, hold up in the hardware store. It's my families store and I've worked here since I was little and now that things have gone to Hell I'm supposed to guard it. My parents left the state to take care of my grandparents when this thing took off and left me the keys until they got back. But when things started getting bad, they got bad. At first the roads were jammed up. Then the power went out. And soon after, my phone died and along with it my only connection to my parents. That was three days ago.

The last time we talked on the phone they said to stay in the store and lock it up. Not to guard it, but for it to guard me. "Forget about the house, just stay safe and we'll be back in the morning..."

Ever since then I closed the shutters and locked the doors to the store and sealed myself inside. In the first days I used to look out into the street through a small shutter trying to find... Something, I guess. I suppose I was checking just to make sure the world was still there. But after a while the only things I saw were, sick, people wandering aimlessly about. They, ate, anyone who didn't seem infected and I was sick many times upon seeing it. What the fuck happened? How did it come to this...

I really didn't want to have a mental breakdown thinking about heavy shit like that. But food was one big thing on my mind and I know that my chances of... Anything, aren't good without it. I'd just need to grab enough food to hold out until this thing gets sorted out. Hopefully the National guard shows up, or some form of government.

Enough thinking for now though, it's time to act!

I prepare myself as best I can for my milk run with the items I have. Finally there is a use for all this hardware I've been living with for days. We have welding clothes made of tough leather that should protect me from any contact. A dust mask with safety goggles and work gloves to keep whatever they got on them, off me. A pair of steel toed boots is always good and my hockey helmet just to be sure. As for weapons, it came down to three options: A hammer, an Axe, or a chainsaw. Pretty quickly the practical choice was made and an Axe was taken from the shelves. Being a hockey player the two hander felt relatable and sensible.

Peeking under the shutters cautiously I surveyed the surroundings and pumped myself up for this unbelievable situation I found myself in. The street seemed a lot clearer than it had a couple days ago and in the short distance about 40 feet from me I saw a police cruiser. I remember when it pulled up during the day it all went down here. It screeched to a halt and an officer bolted into one of the houses. I never saw him come out however and the cruiser has been sitting there ever since. The keys are definitely inside. I plan on using it to get to and from the grocery store and if I'm lucky, there's a gun inside. If not I had briefly thought of looting the local police station but stopped myself before my thoughts got to crazy.

I think I can run straight to it but I'll have to lock the door behind me first and that may cost precious seconds. There are two infected that I can see. The first I can definitely dodge but I'll have to confront the second, it's to close to the car. I can do it though, I have to! "Your a fucking linesman you fight all the time!" I tell myself. It's true, I'm not scared of a hockey brawl, but this shits no game. If I lose I'll be eaten alive. No mercy. I can't let it get to me.

Not letting myself stall any longer I throw the shutter up and slip out the door. Locking it behind me as quickly as possible I turn around to face the street and anyone in it. There's a cool autumn breeze that I haven't felt in a week and the cold light of the day grips me. There's no time to familiarize myself with it though as the first infected groans painfully at me. It's a woman, about my mothers age. I don't know her but she rushes for me like I'm her lost child. It's wasn't a run but rather a determined yet flimsy walk. Like a drunk.

I keep my distance from her staying 10 feet away as I make a brisk jog for the cruiser. There are more infected visible now that I didn't see from inside but none that are concern me except for the one in front of the car I knew about. This one was another woman but a lot younger than the first, a high school senior maybe dressed in a fashionable fall jacket and skinny jeans now stained with dried blood and a mysteriously gross yellow substance. Gritting my teeth I broke into a charge straight for her and dropping my shoulder I hit her with all my force letting out a powerful grunt. It was without a doubt the most horrific hit I'd ever made not for it's force but who it was for. The petite girl went flying and smashed into the pavement like nothing I've seen. She wasn't prepared and took the full force. I almost felt sick for doing it. I must have a hundred pounds over that girl and even though she's not herself it still seemed horribly wrong to do. But never the less I had to keep moving and within a second I was inside the cruiser. The keys were in the ignition as I'd known but it was still a huge relief to feel them as the car perfectly started. Wasting no time I sped away before any infected could reach me and headed aggressively to the grocery store.

Having a few safe moments in the car I threw my axe in the passenger seat and took a quick look around. I saw no guns. Usually there's a rifle or something by the center console but here, nothing. I open the glove compartment and find a box of shotgun shells holding 7 rounds. Somebody must have taken the gun in a hurry the night this all went down. I guess I'll never know but it's still good to have the shells at least.

The infected thin out as I reach the store near the outskirts of town. I peel into the parking lot seeing only one infected in front of the doors. I can take it out no problem 1 on 1. Stopping 20 feet from it. I hop out of the cruiser gripping my axe and slowly approach it. As I get closer I begin to make out it's details, planning my attack.

I don't really care if anyone wants to set this near a specific city but I think it's safe to say this should be set somewhere in the US. It's just the easiest way. And BTDubs, Nuclear, the infected my characters about to kill is you...

#2 Aaron, Oct 13, 2014
  3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I went a liitle nuts with the world building in my part :( if its too much i will trim it down to the bare essentials

Looking outside the boarded up windows all I could see was the amber glow shining through the windows, from my vantage point in some hotel I could see none of the “Infected” or whatever the news called these nut job’s who are besieging the city looking down the road I can see a small hill of body bags that where put there when the government still cared about cleaning up.

Every now and then a convoy of military cars would go into town searching for the undead and popping looters it was hard work for them especially since all satellites stopped working after India and Iran decided to end each other in a cloud of nuclear fire, it didn’t help that other nations had began to close in on themselves instead of helping others, from what I had heard the Russian army was marching to the western border to hold the line

Germany had fallen apart except for the city of Brunswick and the capital Berlin where a malnourished and exhausted German army was holding against what could be the entire populations of France, Denmark, Italy, and Switzerland last thing I heard from them was they were using nuclear weapons to burn holes in the swarm of infected heading towards the besieged city’s

The middle east had all but collapsed except for Saudi Arabia and Israel who were busy fighting the hordes all by themselves the Saudis used a network of linked oil tankers and warships to hold their survivors whereas the Israelis used the natural defenses of the ancient castles too their advantage they are pretty well considering whats happening

China was the worst off though, no matter how bad it got here I am thankful I was not anywhere near there, after India fell to either nuclear weapons or the hordes how should I say the numbers where bolstered quite a lot how ever large it was before that horde had jumped into the billion number and was wobbling towards the Chinese who were vastly unprepared, the last video footage I had seen was some port city completely on fire except for the ships putting out to sea leaving who knows how many people behind on the berths to face a sea of gray death heading towards them

All help the government was giving ended when the couple of infected in country began to turn into hordes then, just about a living (unliving?) sea of them, the army tried burning the hordes with White phosphorus it did not work just made their movements more jerky and stiffer, explosives did less, Do you know what its like to see a 100 ton main battle tank fire into a group of infected then see it do nothing?

Do you know how demoralizing it is to watch a line of soldiers fire into the horde only to get overrun live on tv watching them get torn to pieces Grey shriveled hands tearing into these poor guys guts, it was fucking horrible, When the government called up volunteers to man the defenses against them I swear I was one of the first men in the door.

What I saw surprised me just a sergeant judging by the rank on the uniform but that didn’t mean much anymore, a couple of men with machine guns on his flanks and crate after crate of hunting rifles and ammunition, I was lucky I had found a dead guy covered in gear on the side of the road on the way to the depot; he was from a guess some kind of survival nut covered in weapons and harnesses with this giant battle rifle a G36 if I remember right with some kinda scope attached to it, the bastard had tripped and blown his brains out with his side arm.

The “Defense” line wasn’t much thirty guys shooting at whatever came around this bend in the road I did not bother staying there I had not signed any documents all I wanted was the ammo and food, I learn t later on that the random bouts of shooting had drawn a massive horde towards them none survived.

I ended up holding up in some hotel the “royal” palms nothing royal about it, climbing the stairs looking for a sniper nest to pick the infected off from all I could reflect on was my first “Battle” with them

I had been lucky I was with a couple of cops when I first saw them five fat ugly guys eating some poor guys insides they weren’t much problem the cops just dropped them without any hastle, it was when the glass door to the shopping center burst and hundreds of them flowed out that I lost control of my wits (And my bladder)
    \
    Finishing my climb up the stairs I enter the penthouse it was in 1950s deco with extra dead naked girl, putting a boot on her chest I put a rifle round into her brain just be sure, picking her up by the legs I think to myself ‘This sucks’ and as I heave her out the window where she makes a wet thud on the pavement below I turn my thoughts on to setting up a barricade on the door using a couch and some cabinets “looks like its going to be a long night” I mumbled to myself

4. Phylkhan

Phylkhan Well-Known Member

They say you never realise what you've got 'til you lose it. The saying didn't exactly speak to me for the majority of my life, as I knew quite well that I had always had everything I could ever want.
    A mansion outside the city, in the outskirts of a small, neighbouring town called Elderwood, good friends, all the women i wanted and a business that paid off even without my caring, left to me by my father, and my life of hunting in the woods; my life's passion.
    But then, like in some silly book, it came crashing down.

There had been talk on the news, of some horrible illness somewhere in some third world country I couldn't care to remember the name of, but I had shrugged it off, blaming inefficient medicine and whatnot.
    The next day an old hunting buddy and I had left for the autumn woods.
    The hunt had been uninteresting; we didn't see anything worth shooting. Quite frankly we didn't see anything at all, though my friend said he had seen some guy, sobbing around inbetween the spruces. We kept laughing and joking about his Sasquatch that entire night.

We had been out for a couple of weeks when the phone connection disappeared over night. After some arguing we left for our cars, as said I needed to check how the economy was floating, though I in thruth just wanted to check if my new boat did.
    The forest floor is always thick with bushes and shrubs in clearings and out towards parking lots and roads, and the lot where we ha parked, along with our cars, were unspottable from under the trees, and when I walked behind a tree to do my business, he went through the bushes.
    I was zipping up when he fired, and I thought for a moment he by chance had gotten some deer that had wandered onto the gravel. Then he made some loud, guttural noise, in panic no doubt.

I rushed through the undergrowth, rifle in hand, expecting a bear or something, but on the parking lot were two expensive SUVs, and two people. If the other one dould be called 'people'.
    A hiker, in his fifties or sixties, slightly on the fat side sat on his knees over my friend, his jaws seemingly locked over my friends neck. The mans clothes were completly in ruins, and he had a bullet hole through the head that didn't appear to bother him in the slightest. His skin was a horrible, unnaturaly light shade of grey, littered with infected wounds and scratches, and he had a bite wound on the shoulder facing me, that was so infected I wondered how he could even move
    And I stood there like an idiot, while my buddy died in front of me.
    Then my mate noticed me, looked up, and with his last breath whispered a quiet "Help..". But it was too late, and when I finally, in delayed rage, lifted my trusty, overly expensive, custom-made hunting rifle, and shot the man in the chest, there was nothing left.

I didn't care to see if the man had died, I ran to my car and drove off without looking back.
    I needed to get home, and I needed to tell the police of this madman raving about in the forest, and, of course, his death being an act of self-defense.
    And so fate had it, that I entered a collapsing town, nothing like what I had left two weeks ago; where houses were burning; where cars stood still, on the roads or crashed into trees and walls, and where masses of these grey 'people', far larger than ate each other among the ruins. I had to see if my house was standing.. My other cars.. My money, goddammit!
    And rounding a corner café in the meager center of the town, I saw the first sign of actual civilised life I had seen in weeks: A police car. A moving one.
    The officer was obligated to help me, and I manuvered the black SUV towards him as silently as I could between the numerous wrecks on the street. I couldn't see him at the distanse I was at, along with the dark-tinted windows my car, but I pulled up in the middle of the small, aging parking lot, got out, and walked towards the patrol; hands raised halfway into the air.

#4 Phylkhan, Oct 13, 2014
  5. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Ignore this

#5 TheDarknessEnvelops, Oct 13, 2014
  6. TheDarknessEnvelops

Third time I have written this

I was right, always had been, always will be. I knew the apocalypse was coming so I got moving to the back of beyond, aka Elderwood. I'm amazed no one saw the apocalypse coming, the last thirty years of violence could only add up to the apocalypse and nothing else, screw 2012 and 2k whatever, it's all about 1014, october 2014.

I set up shack on the edge of elderwood, stocked up on canned food, got a garden going, built solar panels, practised first aid, oh, and I bought guns, a lot of guns, I was more tooled up than a hillbilly in a gun store on Black Friday. And so I waited, listened to the radio, watched TV, searched the web.

It all started during your average pandemic in Africa, a guy woke from the dead, a miracle from the family's point of view, an oversight by the medical team from the western point of view. But then that guy not shot, no one knew why, no one cared, he was an African, he wasn't no westerner, he didn't matter, but then they all started waking up. It only a few days for it to spread, had a five day incubation period, more than long enough to catch it, get on a plane and spread it. Elderwood would have been safe if not for that damn city, hundred came and Elderwood fell. Now, with the Book of the Apocalypse (my own work) in my left hand and a smoking revolver in my right, I separate the angels from the sinners, the living dead from the just plain living.

'And so God abandoned his beautiful creation, he left his second son on this earth and christened him God's Reaper, he would save this world and destroy the sinners and so God may return and give rise to humanity from the ashes, A-men' I fired, ending the undead's petty existence. I took my foot off his chest and looked at the dismembered arms and legs, how could I bless him if he could move. More undead would be here soon and I had blessed enough today. I walked towards the exit from this grocery store and that's when I saw another soul. I bet he was surprised to see me, black trench coat, sunglasses, black bandana, a cowboy hat, black jacket, I was truly the Reaper, I brought my revolver to bear 'Speak now or forever hold your peace' zombies can't talk.

7. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Very great RP entries, everyone! I love them all. :)

I got the sudden urge to take a piss. I thought to myself, "go in there and grab what you need. If you're still in there by the time you relive yourself, that means that you're dead! You're dead because they go to you before you could make it out and take a piss on your own will; not your body's after its been shred to bits." What a motivating thought.

I turned my flashlight on and shined it onto the curtain of darkness before me. It was too bright outside to notice a difference –and I knew that beforehand- but having some control over a light source comforted me. I took a step forward and raised my rock pick to an ideal swinging position. As I did, the faint hum of a combustion engine broke the silence and my stupid concentration. I heard a vehicle break quite a distance away; at least, I thought it was far away. Everything was muffled at the moment. I turned around, slowly. I saw that it was a squad car of the local police force. My heart skipped a beat at its sight. For some reason, I always acted nervously around the police, even if I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong. Their presence always threw me off.

This time tough, what I was doing would be seen as wrong. I was standing out here, out in the open, in front of the grocery store, with a rock pick; and what my luck too. There is blood everywhere on the floor and on the windows. Did I do this? No, I think. Maybe all that was going on with the crazed cannibal people out on the streets was actually my imagination and the crazy one is actually me! And maybe, now, after my killing spree and everyone has gone home and locked themselves in, a lone officer is put to the task to take me in –dead or alive. It’s the perfect setting too! An empty parking lot, the victims of the crazy man dead behind him; and now, a brave officer is sent to confront him.

What is the reality of it?! Did the sick really consume the healthy? Was I really up there on the roofs of buildings for nearly a week? Or was it just my sick imagination that lead me to believe what felts like a week of survival was merely a few hours of my sadistic rampage? The coin is up in the air and we’re all waiting to see on what side it will land. Heads means: you’re a nut, messed up in the head! Tails means: what seems like a story that could be pulled out of a drunk man’s ass is actually true –and I’m staring in it. Maybe the coin will land on its side.

While I was thinking, a man had stepped out of the squad car and began making his way toward me, with an axe. He was out of police uniform –maybe because it’s his weekend off and is eager to put my head in a bag so he could go back home and spend time with his family. I’m not sure what to think now. I’d like to believe that something really did happen. Something with the sick –the dead- attacking the well and living; but now, the thought of me being a psychopath isn't too far off either. I made a slight step to the side, as to allow the man to go on past me, into to the store, and descend into the darkness. But his eyes were fixed on me.

I made a noise. A noise that was supposed to be a word, but it was more of a mumble. “Hey,” was what I was meant to say.

I made a mistake by not responding to Darkness, so I will now fix it with this part:
    To make sure that the man with axe wasn't focused on anything behind me, I took a quick glance over my shoulder. To my surprise, a figure was standing there. I couldn't make out it's features, but I knew it was another human for it spoke to me...and it held a gun pointed in my direction. Was this an ambush? I'm not sure, but the man ordered me to speak or he would shoot. I cleared my throat and said loud enough for him to hear me "What the fuqk?"

I could hear the footsteps of the man with the axe nearing behind me.

#7 NuclearWastE3, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, this is absolutely great! Nuclear, I LOVE the setting with one-entry one-exit, and a small mountain-town. Everything is absolutely perfect, and you are all perfectly laying out the start of my character:

(I will be writing in two different times. Time 1 is earlier, and Time 2 is later You will eventually understand when these two different times are placed)

Time1:
    Racing down the country-side in Elderwood, I passed trees after trees. This was an important mission, you could almost call it an emergency. I had better move as quickly as I could. There weren't many cars on the road now, but the few that were there, moved aside for me. I quickly manouvered into the small Grocery store's parking lot, switched off the engine, turned off the sirens and the blue&red lights on the roof, stepped outside, locked the car and waited for my colleague before going in.

Another siren could be heard as Daniel, my colleague, closed in and drove into the parking lot, where he parked next to my car. My sweet sweet car. I brushed off a squashed bug from the windshield with my sleeve.
    "Damn, you beat me to it again, Scott", he exclaimed.
    "Yes, and you know what that means"
    "Sure sure, here's your lunch-money. Here, take a little extra and buy me some while you're in there"
    "You're not coming with me?"
    "Nah", he said and leaned on his not-as-good-as-mine car. "I'll just stay out here and enjoy the sun".
    "Oh come on, Samuel won't hurt you" I said with a mocking tone.
    "You know I don't like that guy, he creeps me out"
    "Suit yourself", I said as I shrugged and turned around to walk towards the grocery store entrance. I could feel his eyes burning a hole on my butt, without even looking back at him.

"Hey, Sam", I said to the old man behind the counter. He was getting older and older every day.
    "Oh good day, miss Scott. Tell me, did I just hear sirens?", he asked with his weak shivering voice. Despite his slight worry at the time, his voice was as cozy as it had always been.
    "Don't worry, Sam. We were just late for lunch. And I told you a thousand times already, call me Kimii" I said as I placed the money on the counter. "The usual", I said as I took off my pilot-sunglasses.
    "Oh, I see, I see. Here you are. With a special discount this day for my sweetheart!"
    "Keep it, Samuel, you need it more than Daniel or I do. You can buy some more food for Shelby, he looks like he's starving with those puppy-eyes" I said as I patted the old dog with love before I took the glazed, sprinkled donuts in all the colors of the rainbow with two cups of black coffee, one of them with milk in it.
    "Thank you, sweetheart. Have a good day, and becareful and stay safe!" he said passionately to me as he leaned forward over the counter.
    "You know I always do", I said to him as I patted his shoulder and gave him a quick peck on his cheek. He was like a father to me. The only one I could relate to as a father, ever since.... many years ago.

"Back already? You usually use ages in there so we always have to prolong our lunch-times", Daniel said as he took the pure black coffee and started taking a sip.
    "Yeah, well, I decided to get back out here as quickly as possible so I could still bathe in some of your humility while I still can. How does it feel losing to a woman?", I asked cockily as I put my sunglasses back on.
    Daniel made a grimace that I, at first, didn't really understand. But eventually, I realized he'd gotten the wrong coffee. I skipped aside as quickly as I could before the black coffee sprouted out from his mouth onto the beautiful paintjob on my black&white police car. "Damn it, Daniel! You and your petty feminine cafe-latè!", I said frustratedly as I dried the coffee off my car with a paper towel that Samuel had been nice enough to put on the donut-box.
    "Hey, you're the one who gave me the wrong coffee!", he said in defense as he switched our coffees with an accusing look on his face. "Now give me one of them donuts", he said, and we stood by our cars and ate donuts and drank coffee while we joked and chatted for about half an hour. Despite our Donut-Fridays, we were both in good shape because of our training. Officers had to be.

I'm gonna cut it there, or this post will be wayyyyy too long. I have loads more to write. All these posts fit so perfectly together to make my story complete, and I'm really excited for this. So excited that I had to go warm me a cup of tea to calm me down while writing :p

My character will be the one who has driven the police car to the outside of Aaron's character's hardware-shop. My character then darted into the house and has possibly not come out. Yet. My character will not have any intervention with Phylkhan's next upcoming post because it will limit our posts a lot because we have to reply to each other's post all the time. What I can do, later on though, is to write that my character gets a call on the radio from the police officer Phylkhan talks with, so there is some relation there in that happening. When I come to think of it, that police officer can be Daniel, my character's colleague! :) (That is in a different time from what I have written, of course, but I will eventually be catching up with your timeline). Also, you don't need to edit your post(s) to write that the police officer was a female, because we can RP that your character(s) believed it was a male from the distance.

Also, I suggest Elderwood being in Canada! :clap:

#8 Skaara Dreadlocks, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  9. TheDarknessEnvelops

'What the fuck? Has the breakdown of society robbed you of your polite answers?" I held my revolver down "But suffice to say, zombies can't swear." I saw someone else advancing behind the man I had just held at gunpoint, I brought the weapon up again 'but you, sir! The undead may not wield weapons but the murder of another angel makes you a sinner!!" I shouted, now what would happen.

10. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

@Skaara - I think Phylkhans character is chasing me right now? Is that what your talking about? He's following the police car I'm driving now. I think that's what your talking about...

Things had changed fast and wether they were for better or worse I'd yet to find out. To make things worse a man had come out of the grocery store after what sounded like a gun shot and now he was aiming at me. On the plus side, it turned out the infected I was going to axe wasn't sick at all just, confused. And for a final point of which good or bad has yet to be decided an SUV pulled up behind me with a very frantic man inside. And here I thought there was no one left.

The man with the gun was the biggest threat here and getting shot wasn't my biggest priority. It didn't help that the guy was some nut job, preaching bible shit at me like some cheesy movie, but alas, he had the gun. "Wooh!, easy there, easy! Don't shoot, man. I thought he was sick, man, that's all. Please don't shoot, man." I shouted as I raised one hand and let the axe hang in the other. "I'm just looking for food. 'There any left in there?"

11. TotalAaron

Aarons a idiot part 1, i think i will hang around this hotel i am in till someone turns up say to get supplies or something until then i will try and get across how Fucked up the world around us and in the town is.

Aarons a idiot part 2- Is it ok for me to describe the outside world and whats happening or have i super jumped the gun?

With a bang I wake up after falling asleep in the hotel room. The gunshot was loud enough to wake me and to get me in position near the window gun sights looking up and down the street, I did not know what to expect had the person attacked an infected or had they shot someone, where they bandits? Where they hostile? I did not know.

My best bet would be to wait them out this disease has made the world crazy but I refuse to be a murderer, unless they shoot at me like the time I will never forget, the time that will haunt me for years to come

it was two months ago I only had a shitty ice pick for a weapon and only luck was keeping me alive I am a loner by nature and shun the idea of staying in a group it never ended well in zombie flicks so why should it now? I was searching a crashed police car for a weapon when it happened, when I had ran to the car the street was empty of any life.

Reaching into the car I found an actual useable weapon a Glock 18 with a spare magazine I was hanging half in and half out when I saw them a middle aged women and a kid cant have been older then fourteen, panicking I swung the gun up to scare them off but I guess I squeezed the trigger to hard because next thing I know the gun barks and the kid drops I just panicked and ran for it

Now as I sit in this hotel I watch down the street to see what will happen with this situation

12. Phylkhan

Indeed, my character had come across Aaron's. I can of course easily change this if it fits better.

13. TheDarknessEnvelops

I lowered the revolver, 'Well, ain't that dandy, there ain't no supplies left here but I got an abundance of food at my shack' I advanced towards the two, wondering if they were still slightly hostile 'the undead will be here soon and I don't wanna be around when that happens so follow me if you ain't terrifies of me, also one question, do you support the 49ers?'

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, I misunderstood. I thought Phylkhan's post was in another time and place because he wrote he was "approaching the patrol". I just interpreted "patrol" as a group of several police officers. Go on, no need to change it :)

"Kimberly dear, what are you doing out here at this hour?", the trembling familiar voice of my old mother sounded. I placed my feet against the ground and pushed myself out from under the police-car, on my rolling-board, as I dropped the wrench.
    "Ma, what are you doing out here this late? You should be in bed, the doctor told you to not get up too much"
    "Can't I come out and check up on my daughter? It's too late for you to be out here"
    "Ma, you know I need to fix these brakes, or I can't go out on patrol tomorrow. When you drive and brake at the speeds that I do, they get worn out every third month or so, and it's dangerous to drive with worn brake-pads", I tried explaining to her.
    "Oh I know, but it's your timing that's the problem. You could've done this earlier today instead of hanging out here this late"
    "You know I was busy today, Ma"
    "Been out with this Daniel again, have you?", she hummed.
    "Mom, I'm not seventeen anymore, give me a break!", I said embarassed.
    "Alright, but come in now and get some sleep. You can finish this tomorrow early before work", she nagged.
    "Alright, alright", I replied as I wrapped up the tools and the spare parts, cleaning off the worst filth from my hands on a rag.

The next day, my shift started late, so I believed I had the time to finish the job on my car.
    "Headquarters broadcasting to all units, repeat, broadcasting to all units", the muffled voice sounded from the radio inside the car. I rolled out, got up and listened closely.
    "Patrol three to five require assistance at the roadblock, transmitting coordinates", the voice continued before it stopped with a short *bip*. I was shortly after called on radio by Daniel.
    "Kimii, things are getting rough at the roadblock, it's getting sick! You don't want to see this, but we need all the help we can get!", his voice sounded frightened.
    "What roadblock?!"
    "They set up a roadblock at the passage from the big city this morning, nobody's coming in or out anymore. It's got something to do with that sickness that's been on the news recently, but none the less, they're all trying to break through!"
    "My shift's not until an hour from now, my car's in pieces here! Alright, alright, give me twenty minutes and I'll be there", I answered before I hung up. As quickly as I could, I placed all the parts together and tightened all the bolts properly. Driving out from the garage in full speed with all sirens on, I was going to brake when turning out onto the main road, but I had forgotten to pump the brake-fluid into the braking-calipper with the pedal, before driving. And so, the brakes didn't stop the car much, and I did a wide turn onto the main road, almost trashing the whole hardware-shop on the other side of the street. I pumped the brakes with the pedal until they worked again, and took off to the coordinates I'd been given.

Arriving at the new roadblock, I turned to the side of the road and got out as quickly as I could. A helicopter was hovering above, making it all windy. The military was here. What was this? They were all standing on the low roadblock, aiming down on the other side of it. A guy with a megaphone yelled slowly "If you do not stop and go back, we will shoot!". It sounded like there was a mass of people on the other side, but they didn't sound exactly angry. Most of them sounded scared and frantic, whilst some were growling and roaring strangely as if they were being choked. A civilian climbed the barrier and jumped onto one of the soldiers, and strangely enough he started biting him in the shoulder. "What the heck?", I said to myself in disbelief as I approached slowly. The soldier screamed and tried to get the person off himself, until the whole barrier just suddenly collapsed onto the asphalt.

Now revealed to me, an extreme mass of people were storming through the broken barrier like a pack of animals on TV. Some were running for their lives, others were attacking the soldiers and biting them. Some of the civilians were even attacking other civilians as well. What was this? Had the whole world gone mad? The masses were slowly moving towards me, devouring anything in its way. I noticed their skin was pale, or grey, and most of them had their faces or other body-parts covered in blood. To add up, they all limped clumsily, as if they were drunk. That's when I saw Daniel. He was trying to help the soldiers, along with many other police officers that I knew. The soldiers were opening fire at will, but Daniel was more with-held, firing only a few times, and only at peoples' legs, with his Glock-18. He eventually seemed to realize that it was hopeless, and turned around to run. That was when they grabbed everywhere around him. His shoulders, his legs, his arms, even his head. Jaws opened and bit him everywhere, his blood pouring out at many different places. He screamed in pain, being pulled back into the mass while he looked at me and yelled my name, with what sounded like his last breath before he disappeared in the masses.

"Daniel!", I screamed as loud as I could, but it didn't bring him out from there, nor did it make it all any less real. I raised my pistol and yelled "Stay back!" at them, but nothing stopped them. I turned around and was about to leg it for my car, when I saw the wall of people in the street above. They were already in Elderwood. It was a close shave, but I managed to get to the car before the other mass of people got to it, and me. In a desperate attempt to close the door in time, I managed to drop the pistol on the pavement. I realized it wasn't going to do much with its few bullets agains this wall of people approaching from both sides. Banging on the windows and staring straight into my face, they all looked like monsters from a horror movie. The hoard was nothing against the raw powers of my car, as I pushed through group after group of people. It was a bumpy slow ride, and they were almost covering the whole car now. Finally, the car broke free and I sped away. Arriving at my mother's house, I didn't even drive the car into the garage. I just stopped the car in the middle of the street in front of the hardware-shop and bolted into the house.

I heard her screams before I even got into the house. To think such an old weak woman could scream so loudly. Arriving in the living room, a teenage boy was trying to get to her, and she was standing on top of the couch, waving a big frying pan towards the boy. She eventually hit him right in the head, and he fell back. That's when I saw the front of his body. His hair was thinning down to his scalp, his face was wrinkly and grey with a bloody mouth, but worst of all; his stomach was completely ripped open, showing off organs and all kinds of stuff. My jaw dropped at the sight and I wanted to turn around to throw up, but I could see he was trying to get back up, still focused on my mother. Beside my head hung my father's old famous baseball bat. His most precious item. He was always so proud of it. It wasn't the typical wooden baseball-bat; it was steel-colored with a black wrapped handle. It had been hanging there peacefully for years, until now, when I took it down and held it firmly in my hands. The thing was about to get up, but I swinged the bat and did an uppercut so powerfully into his jaw that I could hear his neck crack into pieces, blood sprouting out of his mouth as he fell back onto his back.
    [​IMG]

15. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

This is really nice reading, I'll consider chiming in although I have previously had consistency issues with my RP :eek:hwell:

16. Phylkhan

Ah. My pardons for being unclear, then. I'll atempt to avoid it in the future
    ...And then I backed away again, into my car.
    'The hell was going on?
    Like the madman in the forest wasn't enough, people were running around with weapons, at least makeshift ones, and, seemingly, murderous intent. Everyone being, what, three people, myself notwithstanding?

In addition to the car I had assumed belonged to a policeman actually belonging to some armored axe-murderer reminding me of a low budget horror-flick, a girlfriend had forced me to watch long ago, there were two people I hadn't seen upon my arrival, as I was blinded by the.. cannibalism of my own friend? The taste of the words was so odd it bewildered me once again. And my revenge on the murderer.
    I forced the thoughts away for now.

Two others: A man was clinging to some sharp hammer almost inside the mall, and some cowboy was pointing his 'six-shooter' at him.
    And I longed back to that evening with a forgotten girlfriend,a ridiculosly boring movie and the simplicity of it all.
    But shit was happening. Apparently there were more than four people left in Elderwood.
    Some shadows were stumbling out from behind buildings and car wrecks. Shadows of the citizenry, following the visual traits of my 'killer in the woods' to a pinpont.
    With a push of forced determination my hands left the familiar shapes of the leather-coated, now sweaty steering wheel in front of me, and found the even more familiar contours of polished wood belonging to my rifle.
    And I stepped out, with the same concentration that had filled me last year. Right before a bullet had left the same gun I was carriyng now, and found the heart of a massive buck. The head of wich adorned my trophy-room, if it was still standing
    And I looked upon the peculiar standoff playing out, and shoutingly suggesting as discreetly and calmly as I could muster that this perhaps would be a good time to get going. As "Those, ehm, grey freaks are coming."

#16 Phylkhan, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  17. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I clenched my knife in my hand as I leaned against the brick wall, sweating from the anxiety brought about by the voices on the street just around the corner. From what I could hear, it was madman/prepper/preacher, a young man, a somewhat older male that seemed to have arrived in a large vehicle, and a third guy. It was this third guy I had seen through the gaps in the boarded up windows in my now deceased aunt's house.
    He seemed unarmed and so, in all my brilliance, I thought it was safe to approach him. I was getting mad from the loneliness, staying inside in the darkness only accompanied by the never-ending screams of the infected.
    I had to talk to someone, anyone, just to make sure it wasn't all just my mind playing tricks, a psychosis. Obviously this did not go as planned.
    Now I had exposed myself to the infected only armed with a knife, and what I thought was one unarmed guy was now 4 guys, at least one of which were armed. And he was insane, too.
    Just my luck.
    If only I had been back in Finland I could have retreated to our family's hut in Lapland. I could have lived from hunting and fishing. I would have enough firewood to keep the hut warm forever. I could.... If only I hadn't decided to do this stupid exchange student trip to the US of A. It would have been easy, too. Back in Finland, before I went to high school, I had helped out my dad out with the logging business, and we used to go hunting together. I still remembered the first reindeer I shot at age 12...
    I stopped my mind from wandering off, got back to the reality of things, got a grip, sheathed my knife, manned up and yelled:
    "Human coming, not infected, my name is Timo" before turning around the corner, hands raised in the air. As I turned the corner, I noticed that the guy with the vehicle was also armed. The fact that two vehicles were present was a good thing, though. If only I would live long enough to benefit from this...

#17 Darkbringer, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Great entry, Darkbringer, and welcome back! Hope to see you around for a while :)

Time passed, day by day. My mother asked me every day what was going on, but I didn't want to tell her. I just stayed by her side and kept her fed. The stench from the rotting.... thing.. in the living room was getting worse, and I eventually had to cover him up and get him out of the house, dumping him in the closest ditch I could find, before sprinting back inside and cleaning up the mess. My mother was getting more and more ill, until we were out of her medications. I had to go outside to get more of it. I had brought the shotgun from my car, into the house, but I had of course completely forgotten the shells in the gloveroom. Getting the medications was going to prove a difficult task without any ammunition.

Realizing this, I heard a car start outside. A familiar car... too familiar. Quickly I ran to the windows and looked out onto the street. All I managed to see was the back of my cruiser, driving off. "Damn it!", I yelled to myself. My mother didn't hear it, she was asleep. I eventually decided to go outside, with the baton in my belt. I was still in my uniform, and decided it would be a good idea to stay in it in case anyone alive saw me. Slowly I made my way out to the street. A couple people were stumbling around idly, emitting some nasty groans. "Hey!", I yelled to them, and I sure did get their attention; they turned towards me and started limping in my direction, reaching their arms out towards me. I didn't really understand why I yelled at them. Perhaps I thought they'd maybe be sane? It didn't prove much of a challenge taking them down, as they did little to resist. They weren't very agile, but I kept beating them over and over again and they didn't react much either. Eventually I striked their heads, and it sent them flying into the pavement where their heads smashed into a red sauce with a hint of skull.

I now made my way onto the street and walked down the middle of the road. It was surprisingly silent and empty..

19. TotalAaron

Sorry dark but i had to do it :D

Watching the two, wait no three people on the street gathering from the hotels penthouse I decided to make my presence known to them but how to do it?,

I am not a violent man or so I tell myself but the last thing I want its a hostile group of bastards outside my new house, I have to be careful how I do this if I fire at the wrong moment they could easily just wait outside and starve me out.

Even firing has a massive disadvantage a single shot could be interpreted as anything from a warning shot to intent to kill, ‘i could spray them’ I thought to myself watching the three no four maybe five? People all talking, thanks to the scope on the rifle I could sort of make out the differences in them most looked normal one had an ax that was kind of amusing then I noticed the cowboy.

Dressed like some sort of Death god or something clad in cowboy stuff with a black bandanna across his face he looked ridiculous well to me anyway he had a very intimidating aura, I assumed they were all some sort of bandit group all coming back together after a raid or something, ‘Spraying might be the best option’ I thought weighing my chances against them.

“No I best take out the leader and see what happens” I mumble taking out the leader could lead to them running off in fear of the invisible sniper who is picking them off or it could backfire and spell my doom no time like the present lets take one out, I decide crouching

First things first have they got a rifle or long arm, from what I could see the answer was no, whats the distance if the streets are any indication just over six hundred meters, wind? Looking down I tear a piece of fabric of of the windows curtain and make a tiny flag using a small bit of rusted metal reaching out the window I jam the flag into the windowsill, the flag doesn’t move so that answers that, “No wind” I mumble.

Resting the bulky rifle against my shoulder I gently place the hand-guard on the windowsill allowing the rifle a much more stable platform and after relaxing my breathing I sight in once more, I am greeted with the group still standing in the middle of the street talking away, calming my breathing I drag the scope cross-hairs over what I guess is the leader the big bulky cowboy, Slowing my breathing down I do some final adjustments I adjust for range by going a dash on the scope up there is a slight westerly wind so I aim to the right a little I triple check the fire selector is on single shot and I pull the trigger

The gun barks loudly, the recoil pushes the rifle hard against my shoulder and the single round launches itself towards cowboy man, in the half second of bullet flight I guess I made a mistake for the round doesn’t empty his chest cavity on the floor rather it slams into the back of one of the cars on the street shattering the windshield, confident that they cannot see me I stay crouched and staring unblinking at them to see how they will react

[YOUTUBE]KfSNYBO2YaA[/YOUTUBE]

20. NuclearWastE3

Regular

These are all really enjoyable to read, everyone! Fantastic. :D

The God-enthusiast inside of the store pardoned me from his sights and now had the barbell of his gun aimed at the man approaching from behind. With a few words of exchange between the axe man and the aficionado, it was made clear that he who has the gun had the upper hand in the confrontation. “Oh, praise za lourd,” I thought to myself. I simpered in the direction where my new guardian angle stood and chuckle at the though of having one before turning around to greet my second attacker. As I did, the two communicated briefly about my point of interest, the grocery store. The axe-man asked my guardian angle –with a gun- whether the store is worth scavenging for food; but from what had happened moments ago, a gun shot to be exact, from which the report came from my guardian angle’s gun, it didn't seem likely that there would be much in there worth gambling my life for with some freaks over a can of Hobo Soup. Tough luck, but man, how I love that Hobo Soup. Just one can of that Hobo Soup, filled with all the essential vitamins and minerals to keep a hobo walking for days without rest -and even more a man who sits on his ass all day- was what I had come to the store in the first place. It’s too risky though. As an effect and with good means, gun-man offered us supporting protection and company if we decided to follow him. I wasn't too sure, yet, so I didn't answer.

I was now fully turned now, facing the axe-man. He had on him an odd compilation of garments on him for a situation like this –then again, what do I know about a situation like this. I've never been in a situation like this…this is madness! He had on him some heavy leather worker’s cloths and gloves, boots, a hockey helmet, and a dust mask and goggles. He seemed to me like a child who had been clothed by his over protective mother that didn’t what her son to get any scuffs and scrapes out on the playground. The cloths looked new, too, except for a smudge -which looked like dried blood- up on the shoulder area. All I had on me was the cloths I had on the day this all started –a light weight, olive-drab jacket, a gray t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans, my watch, socks, and some hunting boots. He was better protected than I was.

Clipping my flashlight to my right pant pocket, I gestured to him in a cool manner and said “hey, I’m Robby.” Then I looked back to my guardian angle with a gun and said “Hey…Robby. And no, I do not support the 49ers. I actually support the 48s. Sorry.” I answered gun-man question of irrelevance while giving the same cool motion to him as I did with axe-man.

Another car was also parked behind the axe-man’s. The guy in the second car came out; and as he did, I made a little head nudge in his direction to acknowledge him and nonverbally ask axe-man who he was. The guy now stood beside his motor vehicle with a rifle at hand and politely interrupted out greetings between one another by informing us that we've now attracted some unwanted guests to our premises. I looked to my right and coming down the small slope on the side of the grocery store was a small herd of hungry rotted corpses. And to my surprise, another being appeared –a living one. He came around the store’s corner closest to the slope and said his name was Timo.

Now we a fairly large group of men are potentially the last survivors on this plague ridden earth. The dead continue to come toward us and are options are running out on what to do. If these guys prefer to stay here and fight, fine, but I feel it being best to bolt on out of here before things get heavy. I turned to axe-man and began to ask "do you think you could give us a r..." As I was speaking, the rear windshield of a parked on the street near us, gave. A split second later, the loud report of a high caliber gun rang out from the interior of the town. Speckles of concrete shot up from where the bullet exited the car and continued to travel until it hit something that would stop it. "Shit!' I said. "We're being shot at!" I felt stupid saying the obvious, but it felt necessary. I ducked, looking in all directions for the closest cover. The grocery store was my best bet, but after gun-man having to almost shoot his way out of there, I wasn't too sure about it.

At that moment of my frantic decision making, a wail of terror came from the other side of the slope from where the dead were coming down from. It was piercing and it sent a shiver down my spine. Soon after, a mad woman came running over the crest and ran down past the walking dead at full speed, toward us. "Dammit, to make things even worse!" I said, gritting my teeth. She wore a dirty, blood stained, tank-top with polka dots and some short shorts. Here jaw was contorted and a dribble of yellow festered liquid flowed from her mouth. She had deep bite marks on her legs, but that didn't discourage her from running at us. She was the first running corpse I had seen. None of the other dead, until this point, were running; and even now, the ones on the hill are still walking toward us, but not running.

I clutched my rock pick in my left hand and waited for what was next. That hick of a corpse was close now; though, I could not tell what her trajectory was yet, so she (it) could be running toward any of us. And there was still the shooter to worry about. "Perhaps he was just giving friendly cover," I thought. "You know, under the circumstances." I have got to stop thinking of these little side questions and think and act on the now part.

#20 NuclearWastE3, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014