Quantcast

Pokemon R/G/B Safari Zone

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by fuumarumota, Feb 1, 2016.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

What is a good strategy to use for catching the most evasive Pokémon in the safari zone i.e Chansey, Pinsir, Scyther, Kangaskahn...

I almost always fail to catch 'em. Is this luck based or did you develop a strategy? I also noticed that it's a bit harder in the R/G/B then in LG/FR GBA remakes.

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

No strategy beyond hucking balls the moment I saw one. They were all rare enough that I couldn't restrain myself, and I found throwing rocks and throwing bait to be somewhat useless for catching pokemon anyway. Find the area where the pokemon appears, wait until it shows up, throw balls, hope, probably curse as it runs away, and repeat.

I hated the early Safari Zone. I mean, in principle it was cool, but getting a #@#*ing Chansey was just too hard.

3. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I thought so. Someday I'll get enough motivation and try to catch those bastards once and for all!

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Unless you're playing the original Pokemon games, in which case you're screwed and have to use the Safari Zone, it's easier to try one of the other games to get the rares. I can't recall where to get Kanghaskan off the top of my head, but Pinsir and Scyther are easy enough to get via the Bug Catching Contest in the second gen games and their remakes, and Chansey you can get in the fields outside one of the towns in Diamond / Pearl / Platinum. I want to say it's a town full of cowboys, but I can't remember anything past that.

5. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I agree. I just threw a ball and prayed. Anything else just didn't work for me.