Quantcast

pokemon live action movie

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by RolePlayer, Dec 3, 2015.

1. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Do you think there will ever be a live action movie for Pokemon here in the United States?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not really sure, though since Pokemon is really famous a lot of people would enjoy it. I hope we'll have one in the near future! :D

3. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

I thjnk it would be awesome. I don't know that it's creators in Japan would sign off on a U.S. studio making such a production.

4. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

Well Nintendo is releasing a live-action Zelda series on Netflix. If that were to take off, I would give my left kidney for a live-action Pokemon series with more mature undertones then the anime.

5. Humble

Humble Member Regular

I would be afraid for them to release a live action Pokemon movie, only because of all the live action failures I've seen (Dragon Ball Z and A:TLA). I think if done properly it would be great, but they would definitely need to figure out how to put the Pokemon in a life action setting and a more realistic body without them looking too weird.

6. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

People will soon be able to make a live-action movie themselves using Pokemon GO! ;)
    Someone should really make holograms to go with that, would be awesome.

7. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I think a live-action movie would be awesome, but it'd have to be really good to meet many people's expectations. I'd love to see how they worked it all out, and I think it'd just bring the games to life!

8. Navi45

Navi45 Member Regular

Meh.. live action Pokemon would only be for fans and not for serious movie goers. The story really isn't that spectacular for regular people.

Though I'm sure Japan would love a live action pokemon movie considering how much they love turning animes into live action films.

9. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I... don't think I'd want to watch that. Humble's point about live-action anime adaptations kind of sucking aside, I think a live action adaptation would make the parallels between pokemon battling and real-life animal fighting a little too obvious. I wouldn't want to watch flesh-and-blood kids urging teams of CGI animals into a brawl for money. I'm quite willing to bet most parents wouldn't want to, either.

10. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I'd probably watch a love action Pokémon movie. Not guarantee I'd like it, but I'd have to give it a shot.