Quantcast

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Amilie, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Amilie

Amilie Member Regular

Pokémon GO is an upcoming augmented reality game for mobile phones developed by Niantic, scheduled to be released in 2016 for iOS and Android devices

I've tried Ingress but I felt like it was really lacking. There were many communities but I was never too involved with the game. Pokemon Go seems really interesting because it feels like a childhood dream come true. You walk outside and there's Pokemon waiting for you to catch. You need to go to certain places to challenge a gym just like what Ash is doing on his adventures.

What are your thoughts on it? Do you think it would be successful?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I think it would just be a recycled concept and franchise to just squeeze money out of people. Probably would be cool for a couple of days but people will get bored of it quickly. I don't want to sound mean, but that's the truth.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

It's an interesting concept. Honestly think that a ton of people would play it cause most of us grew up with Pokemon and lots of kids are growing up with smartphones anyhow.

4. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Naw it's overcooked. Unecessary in the franchise. Id much rather play another variant like an adventure version where you actual control the Pokemon.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

It's an interesting idea, especially since it encourages you to go outside and walk the streets just to catch Pokemon and challenge gyms. However, I refuse to walk around in crappy weather just to catch a shiny or something silly.

6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I mean considering the mobile basis of the game- I think it's Nintendo's fascination for health coming out the play. It's pretty neat but I heard that certain Pokemon will be region locked so lots of players would have to trade unless they visit other areas around the world. I doubt that they've coded sophisticated enough to tie Pokemon with live weather patterns but I can see seasons/time playing a role.

7. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

I'm personally super excited for it! If you have ever tried geocaching, you can see the potential that Pokemon Go could have. I think many fans have always wanted to have their own Pokemon-like adventure and this would be a great incentive to get out and get the next best thing.

8. ikarosalpha

ikarosalpha Active Member Regular

I really wonder what the specific role of the small device that comes with it will be. And even more important, if it is going to be a necessity for playing the game. That would really destroy the purpose of releasing it as an app. There is of course the advantage of already having an operating system with integrated GPS and such.

9. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member Regular

I feel like it has the opportunity to be something great, and not just a way to make money. A lot of people will probably enjoy it, especially those who grew up playing the games.

10. Ridge

Ridge Active Member Regular

I'm cautiously optimistic about Pokémon Go. Ingress was fun for a little while, so if this is that greatly improved upon and with Pokémon I'm sure I'll have fun with it.

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

If this is done well, it will absolutely be a smash hit like no other. It can be messed up though. It needs to kind of be done with a lot of love and expansiveness, but if it isn't, it will probably just be that release that let the world down. It's one of the most promising concepts, and worst case scenario, it paves the way for AR games to become a staple in general. Definitely cool because it's a pioneer game, and I think a lot of people don't give it enough credit.