Quantcast

PlanetSide 2: Now Available on PS4

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by asuewrowt, Jun 26, 2015.

1. asuewrowt

asuewrowt Member

Daybreak Game Studio is reporting that PlanetSide 2 is now available for PlayStation 4 and is a free to play download. Today's opening comes after an extended beta program that assessed server stability, performance and more.

A Membership option will be available for USD $14.99/month for players interested in an enhanced PlanetSide 2 experience, which includes: a monthly Battle Cash grant, increased experience, certifications and resource gains, discounts in the marketplace, exclusive promotions, access to a monthly double experience weekend event and priority log-in queue access.​

Read more on the Planetside 2 site.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Really is a very good FPS but should also be on xbox one. The issue is a split playerbase though if all 3 platforms could play on the same world you would get a better experience with more people on all day.

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

I don't usually like the idea of cross-platform, but I have to agree with the person above me on this one. PS2 is really fun. But it's dead on PC after a year of no real updates.

4. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

You literally do not want pc and consoles together in a fps.

Regular mmos are no real problem and mkb vs controller is less of a gap if any.

Either way I do not understand why daybreak will let you use a sub for all their mmos but you can't use your sub on the ps4 version of dcuo

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I've been playing since early beta and on the server I play on it's still full enough, sure there are times that it's quiet, but that has to do with timezones and dominant parties (EU vs NA, work/school, vacations/weekend, etc.).

As for controller vs. mouse+keyboard, with equal player skill, yes this is an issue. But there are terrible players in PS2, like me, who no matter what they use will be terrible ;-)

I know I could use a mouse and keyboard on a Playstation 3 (Dust514), isn't that possible with a Playstation4?

6. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

Both consoles support KB & Mouse, right? Both just need to package a basic wireless or long-wire for these. I played Dust on PS3 with Mouse & KB... of course people hated me for it, but I was still able to do it.

7. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a bit surprised this game is being released on the PS4, considering the amount of cheaters this game has for the existing PC experience. I played this game for a bit before I gave up. Then again that was over two years ago. The game had promise though. Massive battles? Who doesn't like massive epic battles?