Plаyеrs whо сhооsе thеir lаnguаgе in оptiоns nоt еnglish shоuld nоt bе quеd with plаyеrs whо сhоsе Е

Discussion in 'SMITE' started by WilliamV, May 2, 2016.

1. WilliamV

WilliamV Member
    Regular

Соmmuniсаtiоn is kеy tо viсtоry. It is highly impоrtаnt еvеryоnе undеrstаnds оnе аnоthеr in а gаmе оf SMITЕ, аnd tо wоrk tоgеthеr tо win thе gаmе, yеt plаyеrs whо spеаk еnglish SHОULDN'T bе quеd with оthеrs whо dоn't.

Nоw yоu guys might аsk, hоw саn smitе just guеss whiсh plаyеrs spеаk еnglish аnd whiсh nоt? Wеll nоn-Еnglish spеаkеrs prоbаbly сhооsе thеir smitе sеttings with thеir lаnguаgе. This prоbаbly еxplаins hоw dо thеy undеrstаnd hоw sоmе gоds wоrk,sо if Hi-rеz mаnаgеs tо quе thе Еnglish plаyеrs with еасhоthеr whilе thе nоn-еnglish spеаkеrs (lеt's tаkе spаnish) tоgеthеr this саn rеsоlvе thе mаny prоblеms оf соmmuniсаtiоn.

It is nоt fаir fоr оnе spаnish plаyеr tо gеt quеd with 4 еnglish plаyеrs аnd viсе-vеrsа thеy prоbаbly nееd hеlp аnd dоn't rеаlly undеrstаnd whаt thеy аrе sаying (аnd nо сliсking thе mаp mаny timеs isn't аlwаys thе bеst аnswеr)

Thоughts?

2. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

Completely agreed. Though the thing is. I'm Dutch, and for all of my games I pick the English option. There was a time when I chose Dutch in the settings but that was because I wasn't fluent yet. I think there should be an option where you can choose in what language(s) you want to play games and what language your actual game should be. Keep them seperate.

3. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

While I agree that keeping them separate is a good ideas, it creates another problem where it's entirely possible that there's just not enough players to create balanced games when taking into account language, it's a difficult situation with no easy solution, imo.

4. ToneyWatermeloney

ToneyWatermeloney Active Member
    Regular

qag is making some good points here, although Smite isn't going to lose it's player base that quickly I don't think.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree to a certain point. Most people play with random people and don't even use a mic though. I also feel like separating the community like that would hurt the game more than help it in the long run.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's a valid reason and probably why something along those lines hasn't been implemented in the game yet, even though I highly doubt the game is suffering from lack of players and matchmaking.

7. lisasian86

lisasian86 New Member

Wouldn't it be good if they could come up with some kind of live translation feature? I have no idea if that's even possible but it would be more inclusive and really helpful.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe this would be more possible down the road once the game gets even more momentum and more players but as for now maybe they just don't have enough of a player base to separate everyone just yet. If there's too much segregation players might be forded to wait too long to get into matches.

9. Lulu

Lulu Member
    Regular

You could communicate through VGS?

Instead of separating people by language, there should be more servers added and some could be specifically aimed at different languages, and then people can choose.

10. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

Many people may choose to que with the English speakers anyway because there is a lack of availability within their own language.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well this is one of those things that would seem to make a lot of sense, and so you really wonder why nobody thought of it or why it did not come up in testing or anything like that. Now I think that I understand a little better though as to why some people do it, and so thank you to @gats for explaining that. I never even thought of that. Shame on me.

12. edy

edy Active Member
    Regular

I have always wondered myself, how to get to the language settings when you have already completed initial logins and signups? Like, how does it work? Once you choose a language, can you change or adjust it?

13. edy

edy Active Member
    Regular

Also, if you are in another country and play the game, does anyone know how this works? I refer to in terms of language, once again. For example, are languages adjusted automatically based on location? I travel a lot but only speak English.