Quantcast

Phantasy Star Online Dreamcast

Discussion in 'Phantasy Star' started by Eva, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Eva

Eva Active Member

Does anybody else REALLY miss Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast? I spent so much of my childhood playing that game online, both in Germany and after I moved to America. It was pretty much devastating after the Dreamcast servers went down. I haven't read up too much about the "new" Phantasy Star Online games coming out. Does anybody care to tell me more about them?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I loved the game, but I never had the opportunity to play online back then I still had dial up connection.

3. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

There are still some private servers for the PC that you can play. I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet, so I couldn't recommend one specifically.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Cool I didn't know that I might check out some of them thanks!

5. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I will ALWAYS remember PSO fondly for the Dreamcast. First off, it's the first game that showed that a MMO style game can be done online on a home system. Secondly, it was just pure fun to play.

I know you can still play PSO Blue Burst from some download clients. But mostly, I remember the PSO games for the soundtrack....their soundtrack was just killer, in a good way.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Yep, I used to really play this game intensively until World of Warcraft launched. Then, I forgot all about it and I played WoW like a madman for a long period of time, until Mists of Pandaria was announced and I was off put by that expansion pack. Then, I remembered about this awesome game and I started replaying it. Sadly, I have sold my Dreamcast since then, but I am now playing on the PC version of the game, and even though it still doesn't quite scratch the itch for the memories of old, I can at least get my Phantasy Star Online fix.

7. summerforest

summerforest Member

I dabbled in the PC versions on different private servers and had a lot of fun with it, even though all of the people I played with knew way more about the game and kind of left me in the dust. I love how bright and colorful the game is, and the soundtrack shifting when you went into battle always blew my mind.

Too bad PSO2 will probably never get an official release that I can play. I tried messing with the translation patches but none of my friends wanted to bother with it so it wasn't really anything I stuck with outside of making a few characters to mess with the creator.

8. Jeffery3

Jeffery3 Guest

wow i like it