Quantcast

Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst

Discussion in 'Phantasy Star' started by Smokey, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Revillution.net C.E.O. Regular

Anyone else enjoy this game back in the day on the PC? Well now you can Play it for free on a brand new private server ran by die-hard fans of the game that want to see it live on. :) It's a pretty good server, still new and needs players. :) If you loved PSO on the dreamcast, gamecube or even the PC, then you'll love this. :D

2. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I'll definitely look into this. To be fair, I did most of my PSO playing on the Dreamcast. I did play SOME Blue Burst though.

But as a fan myself, I want to see it live on as long as possible.

3. Smokey

Well the link i put in the post above is a good place to play it. :) Some functionality is still being re-worked (it's not currently working such as trade window and Challenge mode) but we're working on getting it all up to speed in a timely manner as it's just myself and a friend doing the coding and technical stuff for it but we're building up a nice little community so far. :D so hopefully more people will come play this fantastic game. :)

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Another blue burst server? I used to play a bit of SCHT Hack but that was it. How's it being done.. same method?

5. Smokey

Different coding....Scht's been down for awhile If i remember correctly....

We have some bugs but we're steadily getting them sorted out.....only 2 guys working on the project so it takes some time but the server is building a pretty nice & friendly commuity, we're a legit server too with a zero tolerance for hacking, so you won't get too many troublemakers and we tend to deal with them quickly. The GM"s and staff are actually online quite a lot as well.

6. jbeavis100

Oh? Sounds interesting then. I lost interest in SCHT because of hackers. I'll come play if it's like you say.

7. Smokey

We have a very strict no-hacking policy, if you suspect someone of hacking, you can have a GM look into the matter and the hacker (if he/she is indeed hacking) will be dealt with accordingly. :)

Akso, a note to people who may want to try out the server, please read the readme in the zip file if you cannot figure out how to get set up properly, please use our forums and we will do everything we can to assist you in getting your game up and running. It's not too difficult or involved to set up but it is a bit more involved then say, running an exe and being done with it.
    So, if you do need assistance, our forums are a good place to start. :)

8. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I still can't believe people are keeping the spirit of PSO alive with these servers. It's too bad you can't make your own events that give out freebie items the way Sega used to.

And don't worry, I don't do hacking in ANY form.

9. Smokey

We can do our own events. In fact the way the drops are set up certain things can't be obtained and a small thing people might find annoying, our server is based off Japanese BB, so a lot of quests are untranslated, this can be annoying at times but we're doing all we can to get the major ones needed, translated to english. We just got Claire's Deal in english for Episode 4.

10. jbeavis100

Well that's good. It sounds like you guys are doing alot more for your community. I just registered and I'll be playing a bit soon!

11. Smokey

Very cool. Be sure to move the PSoBB.exe file in the rar into the appropriate place, otherwise you'll get a 903 Patch Server Error. :)

12. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I'm glad there are still some people enjoying this game. I will give it a try when I have some more free time.

[​IMG]

Smokey likes this.
  13. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I still can't accept individuals are keeping the soul of PSO bursting at the seams with these servers. It's excessively terrible you can't make your own particular occasions that give out freebie things the way Sega utilized to.and don't stress, I don't do hacking in ANY structure.

Smokey likes this.
  14. Smokey

We do stuff like freebie giveaways on our server.

We are rolling out (slowly) a big patch! here is the changelog of fixes as of 10/20/14:
    RevServ 3.0

Fixes:
    ????? item bug
    killcount resets to 0 upon logging off (Still needs fixing)
    Boxes near bosses that are mean't to drop armor/shields drop nothing. (still needs fixng, we know the reason)
    Units often have ++ or -- when they shouldn't have anything. Eg: Resist/Fire++ (same as above)

New features:
    Show section ID of a room upon entering, similar to the exp rate.
    Challenge Mode
    Trade Window fully functional?

Come check us out and start playing today!

15. RingoBerry

RingoBerry Active Member

Oh wow I can't even remember how many years it has been when I played PSoBB. I stuck with a private server once for about a year then had to quit.

16. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

Ah yeah. I remember hacking my gamecube to run on a private server that ran off of blue burst. Super super fun and such good memories

17. HoneyPony

HoneyPony New Member

I've been playing on Ultima (phantasystaronline.net) as a solo player. If any of you are over there, look for a little FoNewearl in black named Mycena.

18. edy

edy Active Member Regular

Private Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst was quite an experience to try out. It offers something unique. It is, though, just another game. Out of many out there, it is not at the top. It can give you a break from the usual "top spot" games that tend to take up so much of the spotlight nowadays....

19. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member Regular

Never heard of this one before,but I'll be sure to check it out when I get a chance.