Quantcast

Persona Q

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by Oakster, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

2. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Honestly, I would be extremely suprised if any of the 4 announced games (Dancing, Ultimax Arena, Q and 5) weren't localized. Persona has become rather big over here (not as huge as in Japan, though), it would be dumb not to localize any of them.

Might take a while for Europe but Atlus do have their very own publishing brand over in US so they have no trouble localizing their games.

Think about it, every single game in the Persona series has been localized except for the remake of the 2nd half of Persona 2 (but the PSX version had been already localized years ago) but that was because the PSP wasn't doing too hot at the time.

They have also localized every other Shin Megami Tensei game since the PS2-era, except for like a PSP port of Devil Summoner (not Raidou, old Devil Summoner) but we know from an Atlus USA employee that this is because it would have to be a hack since they lost the source code for that game (the PSP version is an emulator with a ROM of the game basically).

So yeah, Atlus' past success in localizing their titles makes me think they will localize PQ, P5, P4D and P4U2.

3. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

I am sure Q will be released in the United States next year; maybe later in Europe. The series has been well received out of Japan and all the other games have released here, so there is no to reason to not expect Q in the US.

4. Oakster

Well Shin Megami Tensei IV for the 3DS still hasn't been localized to Europe even though it came out in the US in July and they still haven't confirmed that it ever will, so it's not set in stone that Persona Q will either...

5. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

Persona meets Etrian Odyssey eh? Didn't expect them to go with this choice at first, not too sure what to think of it. But I guess like all persona games, I will slowly get used to it with the engaging plot and gameplay. Also it's a crossover with the P3 and P4 gang! I know we got Persona Arena for that, but this one has potential to be awesome!

6. CeliVega

7. Oakster

That pouch looks really cool, I hope it's one of those hard-cased ones, as I don't like the soft ones :)

8. CeliVega

Less than a month left before the game's release......in Japan >_>
    A quick google indicate that the english version will be released in Q3/Q4 this year, which is not too bad I guess.
    At least we don't have to wait another year, unlike some other games!

I will try to stay away from all the spoilers when the game is out......but man, I don't think I can resist the urge to find out more about the game :p

9. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax the same year and then Persona 5 in 2015? So great. I'm also looking forward to Persona 4 Dancing All-Night because I love rhythm games and Persona has awesome soundtracks, but dunno when that will release.

Most of my hype is directed at Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, though. With things like Golden Arena mode (an RPG-ish mode in a fighting game, fantastic) I know I will play it a lot casually and hopefully the local scene picks it up.

10. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Member

Well I did get it and really enjoyed the story that was set up as well as the great OST but despite all that I couldn't finish it. The dungeon level set up was a bit ridiculous at the end, way too much running and guessing to get by. I hope this designing isn't used in future games.

11. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member Regular

By now, its safe to say, Persona Q has reached USA and Europe. This game seems to be a crossover between Persona 3 and 4. Many debated whether this game was cannon or not but Atlus confirmed, it's Cannon.