Quantcast

Persona 5

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by shadowsupernature, Jun 28, 2015.

1. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Here's the lyrics video for P4DAN Dance! (or as I incorrectly red: "Dancel") (and it's old so you've probably already heard it)

But here's the swank as hell opening video for it:
    (besides some difficulty animated Chie's jacket)

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

God I really love how I somehow get a substantially stronger "P3" vibe from this than anything else. I may be wrong, though I hope I'm not, when I pick up on a distinctly darker and more stylish approach than we saw with Persona 4.

I know expectations can prove nasty things to hold onto but this really looks super-on-point with what I'd like to see happen with this series. 4 was good but sort of scared me in the sense that Persona was becoming a wee-bit more "playful" in nature as it grew up.

This is totally one of those franchises that I hope remains popular catering to the fan base and NOT by way of mainstreaming and bleeding the hell out of it.

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I just hope, as I have before, they don't reintroduce the negative elements of older Persona games such as the conversation system in the first and both parts of the second game, which drove me to a guide, not a sign of good development. I'd also say ditch the honorifics since they make the dialogue often sound unnatural especially with the voice acting (and I hope to God they don't have the protagonist's allies address him as "Leader"), and another game that takes place in Japan, The World Ends With You, did just fine without them.

5. Aladar

Aladar Well-Known Member

I have no idea why we need another quirky funny cute animal mascot. This and all the anime cliches completely ruined P4 for me. :(

6. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

There's a Persona sub-section, it would be better to keep all discussion regarding Persona in it: https://mmorpgforums.com/forums/persona.202/

I seriously love/hate demon conversation in SMT and P1/P2. It can be really hilarious sometimes, but there's just way too much randomness involved. Tell an Angel that she's like a durian and she might either get pissed off or take it as a compliment. That randomness really kills it. Nocturne had the least random negotiations, but it was mostly the demon asking for hand outs and you complying, rarely was there actual conversation with them. It's a flawed system, just because of how random it is.