Quantcast

PC Help?

Discussion in 'Lords of the Fallen' started by SlickBlasianYouTube, Oct 31, 2014.

1. It would be great if someone could make me a guide for PC gaming. I don't understand it and I want to pick up this game along with the PC but I need to understand the basics. Any help?

2. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

Nothing hard about PC gaming itself, just make a Steam account, buy games, download them and click play, that's it.
    The two new difficult things is buying a PC itself and setting up games in options menu. I can show you good PC builds in your budget range, and if you don't understand how PC options menus work, here's a helpful video:

Look up the things you don't know on Google :) that's how I did it.

3. WAVWirmer

WAVWirmer Well-Known Member

The hardest part of PC gaming is picking out the right components and putting them all together. But if you already have all that then you are good to go. Just get Steam and/or origin depending the games you want to play, and also make sure that your pc can handle the games you intend to play at the settings you want. If your pc cant handle a certain game you may need to upgrade your gpu, cpu, or simple add more ram depending on the situation. The video above is a good guide to help you tweak the game to your liking.

4. WAVWirmer

Also if you plan to play online games its a good idea to check your internet speeds and ping, it will play a major role in getting a kill or getting killed.

5. prey

prey New Member

Indeed, assembling PC components is probably the most difficult....

6. coeck

coeck Member

You should really give PC gaming a go. It's the most entertaining and challenging platform to play a game on. I don't understand what kind of problems you can have starting PC gaming. I myself find it easier than all the other platforms.

7. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

Completely agree, consoles are just more expensive, limited and inconvenient. Especially because I can use any controller I want when playing games, and emulators mean 1080p Wii games.

8. WAVWirmer

At
    I agree with some points but you forget that the initial price point on pc is way more expensive then a console. The get a pc of equal or highr performance of a ps4 or xbox 1 is going to cost you more than the console itself. That said in the long run pc gaming is much more beneficial and economically sound but not at first.

9. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

That's true, but a good PC will last two console lifetimes. The initial price is a lot but in a year you'll have paid half of what a console gamer would pay.

10. Sprezza

Sprezza New Member

A pc can be used for other things besides gaming, such as webbrowsing, text editing etc. Yes you can browse the web on a ps4 too but that just sucks.

11. WAVWirmer

Thats all true, like I said before PC starts expensive but in the long run is cheaper (unless you have to upgrade many times). The beauty of things is that regardless of where or what you game on console or pc they both have their pros and cons. But as long as the games are good it dosnt matter what your playing it on as long as your having fun.

12. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

The very first thing you need to do is to ensure that you have the right components to play this game. You need to have a look at websites like Tom's Hardware to know more about assembling a PC for cheap so that you can enjoy games on PC.

13. Yosostupid

Yosostupid Well-Known Member Regular

Not sure what you exactly mean by needing help getting into it. All you need to know is how to browse steam and buy games, and how to know your computer Specs. I suggest you just look up some tutorials, and play some simple games to get used to the mouse and keyboard. You can even connect an Xbox controller, if that makes you feel any better.

14. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

First, like everyone says, make sure you have all the right components for PC gaming! Secondly, always make sure you have enough ram to handle PC gaming. I know it's not a lot of help but it's what I know about that might be of any assistance to you at all.

15. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to hop in an say something: Ram doesn't really matter that much. If you ahve 8GB you're good to go, it doesn't affect anything really that much. What you really need to focus on is the real skeleton of the PC; the motherboard, GPU and CPU.

16. Vivid Mortals

Vivid Mortals Member

This guy knows his stuff. There's nothing much I can add really. Every crucial thing has been said.
    It might be a good idea to join a dedicated forum for pc gaming where you can find information about good build. The amount of helpful information and the number of helpful people who would go out of their way to assist you is tremendous. Generally the PC community is quite friendly (really depends on the places you're lurking in, lol)

17. Moaz13

Moaz13 Well-Known Member

True. I recommend /r/buildapc on reddit, people there will be more than helpful in PC related questions, but go there if you want to build a PC for yourself instead of a pre built. Also use pcpartpicker (or uk.pcpartpicker)

18. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Oh! You're right about that too! I'm sorry. It's just my usual problem I get is with ram when it comes to games since they get corrupted easily(this computer is also shared with kids so the power is always fluctuating off an on, which I'm told can corrupt the ram). You are right about the skeleton though! The ram means nothing if the motherboard, GPU, and CPU aren't up to par!

19. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member Regular

Picking the components of a PC is not hard at all. There are so many up-to-date builds out there that can suit your needs. I've formed $350 builds before that can run this game pretty well. Assembling a PC itself can be hard at first but there's so much videos on the Internet that it'll answer most-all your questions.

Definitely go for a PC instead of a console (implying you're considering console gaming). I suggest YouTubers like LinusTechTips or companies like Newegg to help you learn how to build a PC. Use PCPartpicker to help you find components for your PC.