Quantcast

Paragon or Renegade?

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by Scurventery, Jan 16, 2014.

1. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I always play Paragon. I have tried to do Renegade runs in the past, but in my opinion, all of the renegade dialogue is really cringe-y. It always comes off as so cheesy and weird. Paragon is canon, to me.

2. SolaNova

SolaNova Well-Known Member Regular

Paragon as I just dont have the heart to be a bastard. Especially if there is renegade option with any crew mate on the Normandy. Even including the guys down in the Engineering section.

3. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I would go Renegade more often if it didn't entail being such a dick. I'm pretty sure I mentioned this in the Dragon Age subforum as well, but Bioware is pretty heavy-handed when it comes to bad guy dialogue, and I'd love a more subtle approach than most of the Renegade options. It would be more interesting if Renegade was split into violent, brusque folks, which is more or less the current system, and calmer, more charismatic, suggestive Renegades, who are total douchebags but don't always come out and act that way.

4. SolaNova

Yeah the dialogue wheel is a nice idea in concept but in actuality all you get are three drastic outcomes

Paragon- I can help, tell me how are your team doing I can send a medic and an evac team to assist and we have an chaplain on my ship, should any of your soldiers need to talk in private
    Standard- War is bad.
    Renegade- Buy better guns Bus wanker twats and maybe you wouldn't be in this mess. In-fact I did send an a Medic and an Evac team to your location but I gave my pilot the order to shoot them down with the Normandy's rockets when they were 100 yards from your location. Bye *Raise two middle fingers*

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Yes. This sounds about accurate.

Though Paragon Shepards have a slightly more realistic play-through, given that they don't seem to argue against every noble path that you're kinda forced to follow anyway, the Renegade route still has one aspect that makes up for everything else: punching the reporter in all three games. Love those moments.

6. SolaNova

That is true to be fair the game naturally does naturally side towards being a paragon over renegade and compared to Dragon Age, the side characters dont really interject with their opinions much they just go along with whatever Shepard does. Punching the reporter as weird as it sounds being actively encouraged to laugh at a women getting punched in the face it is undeniably entertaining

7. Haroon

Haroon Active Member Regular

I love to play as Paragon but sometime I also use Renegade choices while playing.In start, I loved to play as a Renegade then after a few months I started playing as a bad guy like paragon.There are many people who start to play as a Renegade but after sometime they just turn to paragon to enjoy the game more.

8. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I've always played a paragon character. Can't bring myself to play a Renegade.