Pacific Rim

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by conroy.viva, Jul 22, 2013.

1. conroy.viva

conroy.viva Active Member

Funny movie.
    If you want to turn off your brain and just watch for some epic fights with a great soundtrack I suggest this movie :D

2. MarkRyse

MarkRyse Well-Known Member

Saw it, not so bad.
    Like you said..if you want to have some fun with friends (no GF) it's a good choice.

3. schumm.alexandro

schumm.alexandro Active Member

Overall, a very decent flick. Definitely worth the 10 or so dollars you'd spend seeing it in the theaters, or better yet, in IMAX. The action was great, but the character development could've gone a little deeper; hopefully we get a prequel. Some of the one-liners really killed me, almost reminded me of Power Rangers working they're mechs lol. I'll wait for the DVD, apparently it'll have around an hour of extra footage!

8 out of 10

4. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I really actually enjoyed this film, I must have fallen asleep through it at least 5 times whilst watching it on Netflix, until I decided to go to the cinema to watch it, and I'll say this, watching it in the cinema really makes a big difference, not only did I stay awake but I thought this film was brilliant

5. matrixor

matrixor Well-Known Member

It was OK. I got bored after some time of watching it. I don't know why, but it just wasn't that appealing to me. But It's still a good movie.

6. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

From an artistic point of view Guilermo del Toro's Pacific Rim where monsters are pitted against biomechanical warriors isn't really that bad. There is a story behind the whole thing and is not about huge things crashing against other huge things and collateral damages happen. It's the gundam vs Kaiju but a far cry from the bit tainted film of the same genre called the Transformers.

7. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually it's a great movie. I've already watched this one and also the latest release this year. The graphics and effects are all amazing for me.

8. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ehh, the kaiju and music itself in the film makes it pretty okay.

9. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't watched it but I will watch it later on. Am not into action movies that much by I can watch sometimes as long as it is not too much action.