Guardian Overview

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2 - Profession Discussion' started by Unknown, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

The Guardian Profession in Guild Wars 2 is best regarded as the holy warrior profession using powerful smiting attacks and magical defenses. The Guardian stands as a great supportive fighter and defender empowered by their Virtues, passive powers that can be granted onto allies as active buffs. As a Guardian, you are the strongest defender and protector of your party.

Read the full overview here

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Im debating on whether I should go full dmg with my norn/greatsword guardian, or balance some resolve, or courage in there and have dmg + def. Probably just go full beat down with greatsword, then switch to shield/sword plus full def when with party.

3. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

do you think the guardian can really dish out serious damage? seems like it will be a bit difficult compared to some of the other professions. I'm sure it can do quite a bit but how would it compare to say the warrior or elementalist who can likely do series of major burst damage

4. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Well, you have to remember, there is no class thats funneled into a certain role. Basically, a theif does dmg way different than a necro does, or a engi, or a guardian. They all can heal, and all can defend. Everyone just does it a certain way. Theives can tank, for example! They just dodge rather than take the full force like a warrior or guardian would.

So yes, guardians can dish out as much dmg as anyone else. You just have to spec yourself into it with traits and ability combos.

5. Silas

Silas Well-Known Member

It seems to be that the guardian is kinda balanced it can do great damage or be very defensive, so i think you are right and i hope you are lol. I like a proffesion with wich you can choose to go very damaging or very defensive. Anyway you need to be a good tactician to play a fine Guardian.

" a true guardian is a master tactician who knows when to sacrifice his own defenses to empower his allies to achieve victory"

Cannot wait to play this awesome class :)

1 person likes this.