Overall community of GW2

Discussion in 'Guild Wars' started by grinder, Aug 16, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Hi guys, what do you think about the overall community of GW2? My opinion is quite positive because I've been finding a really good friendships there and also a level of maturity that is in general higher than the others MMORPG like WoW.

2. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is something that works exactly in accordance to the ArenaNet's plan - people are supposed to work together and help each other, because the game rewards them for doing so. Definitely one of the most pleasant communities I've ever encountered in a game.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I agree, the fact that the people have to collaborate in order to achive a goal is surely a fact that influences the players.

4. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

It does have a generally higher maturity level. Although, to be fair, every MMORPG has its share of immature players.

5. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

The community overall is much better than that of other MMO's. Anet did a great job with the whole cooperation playstyle. I think it also helps that the average age of the players across the board is late teens-20's as opposed to early teens. GW2 set up isn't really the environment where immaturity can lend itself as much as other games. Plus ANet has a near zero tolerance policy that keeps things in check.

6. IgCho

IgCho Active Member
    Regular

I find these comments pretty heartening. I've been looking for a solid community to try a new MMO with since I'm more interested in getting into PVP content than I have been in the past and the user community is obviously a huge factor in the quality of PVP. Hopefully, I'll come up with the money to pick this up soon. Thanks guys.

7. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

Guild Wars 2 has an extremely friendly community, I want to say it's probably one of the most friendly, helpful communities out there. People are always willing to help you out, or work together, and when I played it I very rarely encountered toxic players or people who would otherwise ruin the gaming experience.

8. userbutnotloser

userbutnotloser Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty impressed from it by watching the oneness of the people in the virtual world.It would be good if the same would be in the real world.All credit goes to the developers.Good job developers.

9. Hoppit

Hoppit Member
    Regular

It can very much depend on what server you play on and what kind of game you like to play. I play Tarnished Coast (US server) and the community there is excellent. WvW is still quite popular on this server and lots of people talk on Teamspeak, they are also never too serious about barking orders on there either so it's all in the name of fun.

Obviously there are not the numbers that used to play and as the years tick by they become less and less, but there is still a dedicated user base on Tarnished Coast. GvG is also active at a high skill level.

If you're a Pve player then this game is never going to provide you with too much in the way of community feel, I found that out from the start. Even though many of the missions can be achieved with the easy co-op style you rarely get spoken to by those who just want to get the job done.

10. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.

11. Itsmenermin

Regular

I see.

12. Itsmenermin

Regular

Great!

13. Itsmenermin

Regular

I guess so.

14. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, most popular games are toxic

15. Z-wall

Z-wall Well-Known Member
    Regular

In my opinion GW2 community is pretty good, looking other communities like CS GO or LOL.
    When we are taking MMO games communities mostly games that you need to buy have better ones than f2p games

16. Ruse

Ruse Well-Known Member
    Regular

Great community. I can't complain.