Quantcast

Other RPG games to look into

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Zombie Lad, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Zombie Lad

Zombie Lad Well-Known Member

I like building my collection up with a lot of RPG games and I was wondering if there's some RPG games not listed on this forum that I should check out? I'll look into anything, old and new as I like having a wide collection. I tend to play a game and put it back on the shelf and I would like to add to my to-play list.

List away fellow travelers.

2. BattleAxe

BattleAxe Well-Known Member

Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Dragon Age:Origins are all great games. There are dozens more but these are just my personal favorites. I particularly recommend Mass Effect 3, and it's relatively new.

3. SwordHungry

SwordHungry Well-Known Member

I don't play too many other RPG's that aren't currently listed on this forum, but I second Mass Effect 3. Depending on where you live, Tesco are selling Mass Effect 3 for PC at £5 right now, which is unbeatable.

4. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

Mass effect 3 is probably the most widespread and most wellknown rpg today. I have a lot of friends who play me and they love it. Unfortunately, I have never got into it.

5. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

If you want something free and hilarious, try The Kingdom of Loathing. It's a browser based rpg with stick figures. The currency is meat. Places you can adventure in are parodies of other games. It's probably the best indie game out there, and they are always adding new content.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

What gaming platform do you have? A Wii? An Xbox 360? A PS3? Anyway, I would highly recommend Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on the PS3. It genuinely feels like you're watching an anime. The game looks stunning. Every RPG fan should have this game.

7. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I recommend Suikoden I. The sequels were not as good as the first. I enjoyed Mario RPG but you've probably played that. All of the Persona games are excellent. Have you played kingdom hearts? That series is worth getting into if you haven't played any of them.

8. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Some good RPG's I have played are the Monster Hunter series, Dragon's Dogma, and the Star Ocean series

9. drkn335

drkn335 Well-Known Member

There is a new RPG coming out that is based in Korea and it is coming to the EU sometime soon, it's called Blade and Soul and it looks absolutely amazing, it's like no RPG I have seen before. Check out the videos and if you like if you can subscribe (free) to the website and they will tell you when it comes out, I'm so excited I can't wait!!

10. xXPandosXx

xXPandosXx Well-Known Member

If you are looking for somethng old but worth playing, you should try Xenogears for the Playstation (or an emulator ofcourse). It is a wonderful game, with a mindblowing storyline.
    Or you could try something different, like an FPS RPG game, maybe? That's what Borderlands is, and if you haven't played it yet, you should.

11. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Rogue Galaxy for the PS2. It's a great action RPG game that has cool cell shaded graphics and a simple yet interesting story. The graphics hold up quite well up to this day too. Check out this actual gameplay screenshot. Looks great right?
    [​IMG]

12. Sness

Sness Member

Golden Sun (GBA) has a great story and gameplay, neat graphics and amazing soundtrack. Its one of my favorites RPGs. Another one could be Lufia, this has more puzzles but still great. Had a good time with both. I remember that I got stuck in one of the Lufia puzzles and couldn't solved for about 3 days, I was so frustrated, until one night I dreamed the answer and could continue. o_O