Other Games Similar to Fallout series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by harpazo22, Sep 21, 2015.

1. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Are there any other games you like that are similar to the Fallout game series?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm... not exactly similar but I like a good RPG like The Witcher 3, although I've been playing it for a while and it's really hard to finish the game. :D

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Wasteland games are similar to the old Fallout games, the one that came before 3.
    If you're looking for games similar to Fallout 3 you might want to look at the Elder Scrolls games. Medieval fantasy scenario aside, the gameplay mechanics are very similar.

36 people like this.
  4. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

NEO Scavenger is a pretty good love letter to Fallout as it is inspired by them. It has a really steep learning curve and a few areas of the game could be fleshed out more, but it is fun for a low priced game on Steam. Mods help bring more to the game, just to be clear.

5. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

Like Kenneth said, Wasteland games are similar to isometric Fallout games. I recommend you to try Wasteland 2 either way, its a pretty damn good game. You could also try S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, they are set in a similar setting.

6. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well Fallout is considered to be the spiritual successor to the Wasteland, they pretty much based original Fallout on the Wasteland. I haven't played Wasteland 2 though, so I can't say much about that.
    If you're looking for post-apocalyptic games regardless of genre, I'd also recommend Telltale's The Walking Dead. There's a very big accent on the story and it's pretty much a role-playing game, except almost all action are quick time events and puzzles.

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

The Walking Dead is a great game, but I agree with the sentiment that it's a completely different thing from what Fallout is. :p
    This is a good suggestion though. The Stalker games are amazing for atmosphere, they are also scarier than any Fallout game and they capture the feel of a post-apocalyptic world better in my opinion.

8. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

The biggest problem with The Walking Dead and, hell, all other Telltale games is the fact that they only give you an illusion of freedom. No matter what you do or choose in any given situation that expendable guy is going to die and if he doesn't some other expendable guy will. The point here is that you can't really do anything that will influence the story on a more then superficial level.

9. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, I hated that. Although, the game really made feel like there is a choice. Like you said, illusion of freedom. I remember playing and trying to consider each choice as much as I could, but then getting really bummed in the end when I watch someone else play the game and make completely different choices and yet end up in the same situation as I did.

10. Sealpikachu

Sealpikachu Member

Skyrim definitely! Same game creators too. I love all the sidequests and the story and how much time is invested in making it as immersive as possible. It took me two years to complete the main story because of all the sidequests and even then I did not want it to end. Now I play mod versions on PC.

11. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is both Skyrim and Mass Effect, also the Far Cry games.