Official Last Light Forum!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Do you want us to become the official Last Light Forum?

1. Yes!

27 vote(s)
    62.8%
  2. Kind of..

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Neutral.

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. Not really..

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. No!

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Greetings, fellas. I have gotten an invitation from Maurice Tan to make this forum the Official Last Light Forum, so that Deep Silver won't have to make a new forum from scratch, but rather use our's instead. The moderators will still be the same and the administrator will still be the same.

What I am assuming is that our forum will be marketed and advertised a lot more and possibly become more popular. I think this could be very good for the forum.

Don't get your hopes up just yet, though; I'm not sure wether it was just a suggestion from Maurice or if it is actually an invitation or if Deep Silver themselves have actually thought of this and granted us this honor. Nor have I spoken with HarleyQuinn about this, and it's pretty much up to her. (Although I believe she'll simply go "Of course, sure" :p)
    So we still need Deep Silver's approval of this and HarleyQuinn's approval of this.

So what do you all think about making this forum the official one? Do you think it will benefit or ruin the forum? Why do you think so?

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I see it as a good thing because it means there will be more people but due to the fact that Metro has a pretty small group of fans there shouldn't be too many like on the BF3 forums where everyone is a cunt. Hopefully the fans of Metro 2033 are from a slightly more mature audience. Not too mature though ;)

3. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

Do we have to have new people? What if it becomes really crowded, what if there are Trolls or more spambots. There may even be exact opposites of us on another forum that joins us for example a BadPeasantAres or even a JohnnyAfro or something.

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

sounds good to me, as long as things run the same as they do now, 'cause, imho, they run pretty well, and all the ppl here are really nice and friendly.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'll give my pros and cons later. Prepare for a big list so get your :pop2: ready

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I am angry about this.

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Meh, this would be alright, but thing is it'll attract the codwhores, who like Last Light's dumbed down gameplay, and they'll be like "Loool Metro 2033 sucks so much, no hitmarkers yoloswag 420 xXKushXx"

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^ exactly.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Go for it period

10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Pros

1. Increase in traffic
    2. More discussions
    3. More members signing up.
    4. Incentives for the site's Admin

Cons or Needs Explaining

1. Can the server handle increase in bandwidth?
    2. We've already had instances where this forum has been down for a few days.
    3. Will the forum structure change (Banners, Style, Layout, Topics, Will we have a support section where devs can assist with bugs once the game is released, etc etc?)
    4. Would the mods be able to dedicate more time for moderation?
    5. We've already had far too many spambots register and no proper Anti-Spam bot registration is still in place.
    6. Will DS dictate how things are run? What content and discussions are disallowed such as leaked images, videos, piracy)?
    7. Will there be terms and conditions for registration?
    8. Will DS have giveaways, contents, exclusive content for forum members?
    9. What will happen to the existing free Metro LL giveaway (bullet system)?
    10 What will happen to enterthemetro.com?

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

I unfortunately can't answer all those questions, but I am pretty sure that:

1: Harley'll be willing to expand the website's capacity if necessary.
    10: Enterthemetro.com was purely run by THQ and is now an apocalyptic website that neither we nor Deep Silver has anything to do with.

Having more people here would mean that we'd have a lot of new people, that including some people we may dislike. This is actually only good as it gives us moderators more community-work to do, which'll make us a little more strict.

I guess we'll have to tighten things up and make Harley take more action and fix more things like for example protection against spam-bots. Perhaps Deep Silver themselves will have some interference here, but all in all, everything will mainly be the same as it always has been ;)

12. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

And we have our first ugly ad :D
    EDIT: Just found adblock plus, very helpful for you chrome users.

#12 Darkbringer, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  13. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

OMG this ad is terrible:eek:hwell:
    I think i use adblock now too.It is not that i wont support this forum but this ad has a extreme terrible position:tsk:

14. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Yes, having an add may suck to look at but Harley has decided that such an add be necessary. why?

well, it brings more money to the forums which will better aid us in further maintaining and developing the forums because if we are to become the official last light forums an expansion may very well be required.

so come on guys!, if you can run through a library filled with massively terrifying monsters you can glance at an add for a split second. lets see that Metro resilience!

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I don't have an add even without my add block...

16. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Also it would be good if DS support Komodo's and Teddy's Wiki and make it official.

17. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

These ads can give you some pretty good information. Here is an example of one of the ads "One in Three U.S High School students won't graduate." Yeah useful huh.

18. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Besides these adverts below the Metro Banner, I do not mind the influx of new people - it just allows for us to expand their minds with how awesome the Metro Universe is. On that note, has anyone popped over to the old THQ forums? Von Streff had posted a couple pictures of Ranger drawings he had composed - and I posted the final copy of my Metro Short Story. Is it worth posting the final copy here (on this forum, not in this post)? I don't mean to derail the topic, although it is exactly what I am setting out to do. :wacko:

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'd love that :D I'd also love for Von Streff's two drawings to be posted here as well, with his approval of course.

20. SagaZelda

SagaZelda Well-Known Member

Then, is THQ's forum definetly dead?