Quantcast

Ocarina of Time finished in 18 minutes.

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by lindbergh, Nov 21, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

How was this even possible?

This dude finished The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 18 freakin minutes while it took me more than 40 hours to finish this game! Could somebody please explain to me what happened on this video? Is there some kind of cheat in Ocarina of Time so that you could finish the game faster?

2. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

It has to be something like that. I have never seen anyone beat this game that fast. I would have to see this one in person to believe it.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

They either cheated or spent a longggggggg time finding out the fastest way to beat the game. I know a lot of WoW players who dedicated hours upon hours in test realms to find the fastest way to level characters from 1-max. Currently you can level 90-100 in the game in 4 hours, which is pretty crazy since you're back to running and flight paths to get to places until you're max level. A huge amount of time is wasted in WoW by traveling alone. These guys figured out the perfect combination of specific mounts, items and quest hubs to fulfill the fastest humanly possible way of maxing without cheating.

4. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

That was fast, and done by speed run and he knew, what to do and what not to and surprised it was done in a shorter time and focused on the main parts of the game only. The game can take anywhere from 40 to more hours depending on side quests and also boss fights as well and how many times you have to replay the fight as well and it was impressive seeing the guy play the game in a short time. He was playing the Chinese version, and must of had some bugs as well and put a code in as well and exploited the game. The game does not know what it is meant to,do kind of like in harry potter and goblet of fire the goblet was cursed with a spell to make it think it could put 4 schools when it was only meant to be 3 schools.

5. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member Regular

I think ultimately it kind of depends on how you want to define the individual finishing the game, as with this run it is a focus on beating the game with the most exploits as you can possibly think of, and while it doesn't appear to be a TaS(Tool assisted run.) I question parts of where he's sticking to the wall in some parts. In general these runs are kind of unrealistic if you take into account the amount of hours they put into it before the run to perfect it to such a short amount of time, which probably far exceeded the actual time it takes to beat the game, but it's all in good fun really as it's just a friendly speed-run and of course, it makes for good entertainment. The main glitches I have seen in most runs in this particular game seem to utilize the Deku stick, a jar, and catching an insect. Essentially the Deku stick is pretty much the biggest bug in the game as it wasn't ever intended to be used to hit through the floor to get to areas that are generally not supposed to be accessible yet. In short, a lot of these can be done with a lot of practice.

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove Regular

Well, I'm assuming it's a speed run of the game? Speed runners with exploit glitches and bugs in a game to their fullest, and take a long ass time to figure out the very best way to finish a game as quick as possible. Also of lot of a games gameplay time is added on with things like side quests and stuff.

7. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I've seen a couple of really fast speed runs before but this one seems to take the cake! I wonder if he really did do it through cheating like some people have suggested or if he honestly found a method to get through the game that quickly while playing legitimately. Gamepreneur's explanation seems the most likely - I had no idea that people who do these speed runs honestly spend hours just to be able to find legit short cuts. Very interesting. Now someone just needs to find a way to do a speed run of Animal Crossing (which is a real-time based game), lmao.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm genuinely impressed either way. I know it took me a good three weeks to beat it, though it's more than likely because I was trying to get everything and I'm kinda OCD about exploring everywhere in a game if it is open world to find secrets and stuff. I wouldn't have the patience to do a speedrun since I like to go all Dora the Explorer when I play an RPG:D

9. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Whatever that dude did, it was a waste of 18 minutes anyway. Why would he even attempt something like this? A game like Ocarina of Time is made to be savored and enjoyed, not bum-rushed through in 18 minutes. But those are just my two cents.

10. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Speedrunners employ either a glitched run or a legitimate run without glitches to beat games as quickly as possible. People that don't get it apparently don't see the challenge in doing something in the complete opposite way it was intended to be done.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think the developers spend all their time and energy into making games just for you to beat it in a flash. It's like rushing to eat your food and then you don't taste any of the flavors and textures. I guess some people get a rush out of doing something like speed running but I'm not the type.

12. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

Woah, that's really cool. But that's also kinda sad because these developers spend so much time just for someone to rush completely through the game. Although it is impressive, it is also sort of just disrespecting in my opinion.

13. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

That's crazy! And awesome! One of my favorite games of all time too.