Quantcast

No Cutscenes

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Cyborg Superman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Sounds so confusing, hope it doesn't effect sales.

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

I'm okay with not having cutscenes, so long as they do it correctly. I'd like to follow a storyline without having to fish it out of the game and fight to figure it out.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I think a game could work without cutscenes if done well. In fact, Half Life didn't have any cutscenes and it's widely regarded as one of the best games ever made. Granted, this is a different type of game, but I'm sure it can be done.

4. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Looking at the trailers, it could still work now i think about it

5. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

I'm a bit disappointed that they just seem to love ditching the story.. but anyway, it could work. I'm currently still very positive about the game. Not positive enough for me to actually pre-order it though. I might just wait it out and see if people like the game.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

It makes people skeptical but it can be done. Other popular games have done no cut scenes and have worked out just fine.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

This is... interesting. Metal Gear Solid V barely had any cutscenes, and because of that, the story of that game was very, VERY lacking. I'm guessing we will have to see what they will do to substitute those cutscenes.

8. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't know Metal Gear Solid V barely had any cutscenes. I know this thread isn't about that, but you just made me consider getting that game.
    I never liked MGS because I had to sit through so many cutscenes. Maybe this will work well for The Division after all.