Nintendo Breaks Stock Market Records Through Pokemon GO!

Discussion in 'Pokemon Go' started by Todd Black, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Well-Known Member
    Regular

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wish they had better servers because I can barely play it, but I guess they didn't expect such a popular release. Hopefully they'll fix them up because I want to play before the game isn't popular anymore.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I suppose now that people realize that Nintendo doesn't technically own the game the stocks will normalize again. This was a very interesting event in the market though I have to say.

4. NormaD

NormaD Active Member
    Regular

I've never been one to follow stock market trends, but even I have to admit, this was pretty interesting. So stocks are going to normalize now that everyone knows that Nintendo doesn't own the game? Is it really as simple as that?

5. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not surprised at all since the game was so succesful. Everybody and their grandma is playing this game and it's crazy.

6. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

They will have better servers very soon I can imagine with the influx of new players. They don't want to lose money so they will invest deeper into the game. I'm sure not even they thought it would be such a massive hit. Just stick with it, it will get better.

7. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

Isn't this amazing? Who couls have predicted this game would take off like it has. I think it is great!

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well doesn't that make you wish that you could go back in time and just invest all your money in Nintendo for two days, even more than usual anyways? I know that it does for me, and I was very surprised to hear how much the price of the stock went up. I bet there are some lucky people out there, or some smart people too, the ones who predicted it...I wish I was one of those guys.

9. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

Yeah, you just gotta find that next big thing. I thought pokemon ended a long time ago, I guess I was wrong.

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

Honestly doesn't surprise me because this game is literally everywhere. Even established brands are using pokemon to catch the attention too. It's on the internet, on the news, on social media, everywhere....

11. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, this is definitely a time to buy some put options in Nintendo. Nintendo will get very little revenue or profits from this game, and even less so since it is a free game. I am sure they are making some money, but there really isn´t much pressure to buy anything, the free game is very fun.

12. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

To be fair I haven't heard this much hype for a mobile game in some time until now so I can understand why these things are happening. It will take some time for them to develop better monetization, I think. Though I don't play the game so maybe they have improved on that since the last time I checked.

13. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am really not sure if this is the case, but I guess I can see it from the stand point where they kind of tested it out with the free version, and something they have will be better and they are waiting to release it for a price. I could be wrong though, and maybe they are regretting making it free.