Quantcast

Next game

Discussion in 'Persona 5 Royal' started by Joker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Joker

Joker Member

There is probably going to be a new Persona at some point and time, but when? Do you think it'll come out on current gen or will it come out on next gen? PS4 or Xbox One, or both? I can't wait for the next game, I didn't care for the vita game that came out last year, and I want a full on console game.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I would love to play Persona, but I am only a PC gamer it would be cool if they made a PC port, but I don't think that will ever happen.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Well, Persona 5 has been announced for PS3-only (at least in Japan, maybe there's some hope for a 360 release internationally?).

It looks great, much darker than P4 and maybe even darker than P3.

4. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

Other than that there is also Persona Q coming out for the 3DS but so far they only confirmed a Japan release

5. Narukami

Oh right! That's a P3/P4 crossover too, looks mighty interesting... gameplay seems to be a mix of Etrian Odyssey (another of Atlus' flagship series) and Persona. Combat in a recent pair of trailers seemed pretty much the same as P4 with some few additions (MCs get follow-up attacks) but has first-person dungeon crawling (like Etrian Odyssey).

6. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Pretty doubtful. Atlus games are generally Nintendo and Playstation property only most of the time.

7. Narukami

Sorta, we 360 people did get Persona 4 Arena (I'm so pissed ASW and Atlus told us to get bent by ignoring us for Persona 4 Ultimax) and Catherine, among other things Atlus published...

I wonder, why not release these games for 360 too at least in the west? They do bother releasing 360 versions for awful games they sometimes publish like Game of Thrones and Cursed Crusade but not their main things... so sad. I don't see how being a third-party exclusive is helpful to them. It does make sense but ONLY in Japan (since 360 doesn't sell well at all in Japan)... is it so expensive that the increased sales wouldn't matter?

But yeah, I doubt we'll be getting it on 360 too... as nonsensical and annoying as it is to me :(

8. jbeavis100

Well, I think that.. especially now.. they don't want to take any risks by bringing games to lower selling platforms. On average there are more j-rpg's on ps3 just because the xbox is not popular in japan. I'm hoping that maybe xbox one might change that with its pc-like architecture.

9. Narukami

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I feel that the Xbox One and its original dumb DRM are reasons as to why JP devs are supporting Xbox less thatn before now.

10. jbeavis100

Yeah, I think that's definitely part of it. Another part is from what I understand Microsoft has not been very easy to work with if you are from japan. Many collab games between Microsoft and Japanese studios have been canceled..

11. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member Regular

Old thread, however, Persona 5 is coming out on both PS3 and PS4. No news for the Xbox though.