Quantcast

New VS. Classic?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Eva, Sep 26, 2013.

?

New or Classic Pokemon?

1. Classic!

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. New!

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. I enjoy both equally.

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Khyru42

Khyru42 Member

By far my favorite Pokemon game of all time is Crystal. It is a fantastic game and I will always prefer that or just about any older Pokemon game over the newer generations any day.

2. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

Even though the new games have nice graphics and much more features than the old ones, what I don't like are the Pokemons. Gen I rulled, Gen II was okay, the later ones were complete crap, if you ask me. I'm still playing Pokemon Blue on my smartphone (with an GB emulator), so yeah, I'm a classic Pokemon fan.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

When I think about it, newer Pokémon seems completely better. I'm talking about the game as a whole, though, mind.

Looking back, Gen1 was pretty buggy and rather shallow, but the games have been getting much deeper and better as time goes by.

The designs are fine now, too. Honestly, some of the Gen1 and Gen2 designs were quite boring, with a lof them being basically the same as real-life animals without much difference. I like that they've been trying to make things more unique. The only one that I truly dislike are Gothita (I hate her design so much but I don't dislike her latest evolution).

So yeah, I guess I prefer new.

4. rosacrux

rosacrux Well-Known Member

While I like both old and new games, my favorite ones are Red and Blue. There is something about those old graphs and a feeling of novelty that I have not found in newer games.

5. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I would go for the new option. The newer ones have better graphics and they usually introduce more items and include the old Pokemon. Although the graphics are fancy, the newest one (X and Y) requires a 3DS which is buying another DS. The old DSs probably couldn't cope with the graphics. But the ones like Black and White, Black 2 and White 2, Diamond and Pearl are the best ones; they are relatively new with good graphics and don't require a new DS.

6. I personally would choose new over old. The older games have the nostalgia factor going for them, with some of our favourite Pokemon but I think the improved game mechanics, graphics and overall gameplay experience makes the new games a lot better.

There are some amazing Pokemon in the new games too, not only with great designs but abilities and overall more useful than some of the previous Pokemon. I feel like Game Freak put a lot more time and energy to come up with not only unique Pokemon but also useful and creative Pokemon too. Take Fletchling and Diggersby for example, two Pokemon from early in the game but completely outclass it's predecessors Pidgey and Rattata in the competitive game.

So I would definitely have to go with new.

7. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I'm sure that X/Y will eventually get their sequels too and those might be even better than B/W2. X/Y is honestly kind of lacking in some ways, but it's the first fully-3D Pokémon game so I have to congratulate them on that. Redoing all the Pokémon in 3D must have taken a while! I see X/Y more as a base for future iterations than anything.

8. brandondnguyen90

brandondnguyen90 Active Member

I really loved the old games a lot more such as Blue, Red, Yellow and Silver/Gold. As newer games were released, more Pokemon were added. This really bothered me because I loved all of the Pokemon games so much. But as I noticed that new Pokemon were released for every game, I started to lose my interest for playing the game. Sometimes I wish they would improve the gameplay and the graphics ONLY and not add all these new Pokemon to each game.

9. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

I really enjoy X and Y because of how it's like a whole handheld, better graphic version of Pokemon Stadium. I mean seriously, when you use Fly the pokemon doesn't just go into some weird blue capsule form and disappear for a turn.

10. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

I think thats a loaded question, as you stated alot of the newer versions, are just revamped versions of the those older ones on Gameboy colour. Like Leaf Green and Fire Red are remakes of Red and Blue, I like them both, since even the newer ones just built on the existing universe, with new regions and new Pokemon.

11. flamingor

flamingor Well-Known Member

Old School all the way! the newest game I would allow myself to play is Pokemon Pearl. Newer games just have a bunch of weird new Pokemon additions that I can't get used to.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I enjoy new and old pokemon pretty equally to be honest but the newer generations of pokemon are a bit less of a pain to play because of the new features added..

13. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

I get that the newer games have better technology and graphics, which is nice, but the pokemon in it suck. I forget which game it was, but I saw that one of the starter pokemon was a turtle. That was the last time I ever played/ bought a pokemon game.

I mean common. A turtle?

14. megadelayed

megadelayed Active Member

I prefer classic Pokemons more, due to their more normal and better in appearance in my opinion. With the new pokemon, it looks like they are running out of ideas and designs, and with the finished work being not as good and I find the new series pokemon quite odd.

15. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I prefer the classic. The newer ones have no appeal to me whatsoever, I mean mean come on, an ice cream Pokemon? You got to be kidding me right? Also the classic Pokemons feel more original than the newer ones mainly because they're fresh but also because the newer ones seem like they ran out of ideas.

16. UObeki1

UObeki1 Member

I LOVVVEEE classic pokemon. I enjoy my the nostalgia I get from playing it. But i do take joy in knowing that the pokemon game keeps evolving.

17. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I like both but I like Classic more than the new ones. There are too many new pokemon these days and I can't memorize and catch them all. Get it?

18. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I enjoy both immensely. Classic brings back nostalgia, but the new games offer a lot of additions in game mechanics over the years that make it more interesting. Yes there's more and more Pokemon added over the years, but that's part of the charm of the series overall. Most of the Pokemon created are nonsensical in nature overall (new or old) so it doesn't bother me at this point. Also storylines have matured in the games, so that's another bonus to me as well.

19. Epicfied

Epicfied Well-Known Member

To be fair, I've not played any of the games after Pokemon Black. However, I wasn't really a fan of the game and it discouraged me of playing any newer ones.
    I used to buy one of the games from each set. I own Blue, Crystal, Sapphire, Firered, Diamond, Heartgold, and Black.
    I definitely like some of the aspects of game play they added into some of the new games, especially with the DS... however, I like the older games better.
    I think my favorite was Heartgold due to it being a revamp of a classic.

20. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Classic. Plain and simple.