New to Tera

Discussion in 'Tera' started by lunaticred, Aug 18, 2015.

1. lunaticred

lunaticred Member

Hi, I briefly played Tera about a couple of years ago and gradually stopped playing because it was lonely playing by myself, and none of my friends were into it. I have a couple of questions if you guys would be so generous to answer.

Are the main quests any fun? I don't really like how many rpg quests request for you to "kill ___ 15 times" then turn it in. It's fine if this is what I have to do a couple of times, but are there more interesting quests than this? Perhaps in the higher levels?

Also, is the economy balanced? There's a lot of pay to win games out there and I was wondering if this was one of them. If so, is there a way to receive the same stats by farming and such?

What are the main highlights of Tera? Bosses, graphics, game play, etc. Also, do you recommend playing this game with multiple people, or is it still just as fun by yourself? Thanks for those who take the time to respond. Can't wait to play again. :)

2. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I played TERA a good while, and I can only highly recommend it. The quests are really light hearted and fun, the combat system is well implemented and could rival even that of Guild Wars. And the highlights of the game, for me, were definitely the boss battles. TERA has some of the biggest bosses in the industry and it is really satisfying, once you take one of those bad boys down. I also think it is really fun to play alone, if you don`t have anyone to play with.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

TERA is just a grindfest with a decent combat system. Nothing else to be honest and also the UI to me is quite disturbing. The graphics is good but really bad optimized and I wouldn't recommend it honestly.

4. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

Quest are okay but running dungeons is better for EXP. The combat's nice and actiony but it's the main draw and if you don't like it there's not much else to the game.

5. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

I honestly like to play by myself and it usually ends up with me going quest after quest and trying to level my a** off. I don't have a lot of friends who likes to play these kinds of games so I am generally alone. I also like going through the dungeons. I find them quite enjoyable and perfect to get EXP for levels.

6. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

These are my thoughts on TERA:

1. Gameplay: Fantastic. No seriously, it can't get any better than this. It's the gameplay that draws so many to the world of TERA. Action combat at its finest.

2. Graphics: It uses UE3 and the main file has a size of 50 GB. Enough said.

3. Quests: Absolutely horrible, without even a fragment of interesting aspects. Just a placeholder for you to level up.

4. Enemies: Quite a variety of enemies. But within 30 levels, you've seen it all, and everything's repeated afterward.

5. PVP: Awesome. Absolutely skill based. Any class can take down another class if played right. In fact, it's one of the only redeeming qualities of the game.