Strife New Strife MOBA Gameplay Footage

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by mmorpgForumsAdmin, Sep 3, 2014.

1. mmorpgForumsAdmin

mmorpgForumsAdmin Administrator
    Staff Member

IGN released multiplayer gameplay footage from Strife, which is currently in Open Beta. Strife pits two teams of players against one another with the goal being to destroy the central structure of your opponents' base.

Here's a recent press release from PAX Prime:

[​IMG]

2. RadPhorGaming ... get it?

Regular

Just got into the beta and loving it. anyone else? kind of feels like Archeage to me.

3. curtclicker

curtclicker Member

I don't think it feels remotely similar to ArcheAge... This is a MOBA, not an MMORPG.

I like the overly cartoony artstyle, it reminds me of what Team Fortress 2 was to the FPS scene as this game will be to the MOBA scene. Although hopefully they are able to bring something new to the table that Dota 2 and League of Legends don't have... Maybe a new gameplay mechanic or game mode other than the standard tri-lane or dual-lane? I think SMITE was able to create their niche and differentiate themselves from the "Big 2" (LoL and Dota 2) with an interesting 3rd person take on the MOBA. So hopefully Strife has something that really gives them a foothold in the market... If not, they'll be thrown into the dumpster very quickly if they can't offer anything new or innovative.

4. Al_n

Al_n Member

With my love for MOBA's, Strife looks promising. I haven't played any MOBA's since DoTA, and League of Legends because I got burnt out quickly. But Strife looks really good. Mechanics look good, and I'll have to see if I can get myself into the beta. I would love to try it out and see if I'll be spending time there.

5. Muraki

Muraki Member

Wow looks really good.

I think I'll give it a go. Lately I found myself wishing that there would be a new release of another MOBA and now see here. It may be my imagination or something like that but I think the gaming God heard my prayers. :D

6. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

While it does look good, does it do anything to distinguish it from DOTA2 for example?
    Is there any innovative system or something?

7. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have seen the video of it, have not yet got a chance to playing it. The graphics and game play look real impressive and well designed. I will give it ago and see if it is my sort of game and may even enjoy it. The cartoon design looks well made, and the music is suitable to the game.

8. Baxate

Baxate Member

This game is Awesome! It is so cool that another MOBA is coming to the seen. I primarily play DotA 2, so it will be nice to try something new. The graphics remind me a bit of League of Legends, and the game play looks new and refreshing. I really like the idea of the pets in the game to buff you. My only complaint is that there is so little character selection.

9. Calcium

Calcium Member

The graphics really look like a combination of Dota 2 and League of Legends, I'm kind of looking forward to giving this a try, looks fairly interesting. I'm curious as to how it's going to do though, we have Dota2, Smite, League of Legends that are already really popular, I don't really see what's making this game different or making it stand out.

10. GenevB

GenevB Well-Known Member
    Regular

I doesn't feel like ArchAge at all. As someone said above, it kinda reminds about what Team Fortress 2 was to the FPS scene as this game shall be on the MOBA scene. Let's hope they will throw something new in it, I'm thinking that a new game mode would be great.

11. greensat

greensat Active Member

We definitely do not need another MOBA. We already have League of Legends (the most popular by far), Dota, Dota 2, HoN, and probably some others that are private or infamous. I feel like investing time or even developing Strife at all is a waste of time since the MOBA industry is already capitalized by League of Legends and Riot gaming.

12. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

My thoughts exactly, a new MOBA has no chance of making it nowadays unless they come out with some new innovative mechanic that makes it stand out from the competition... as it stands I don't see Strife having that.

13. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Looks good. But I doubt they will make it into the market, mostly because there are so many MOBA type games already. League of legends, smite, dota etc.

14. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

It's a very solid MOBA, to be frank, as it's the perfect choice for people who want an experience between LoL and Dota 2; it provides action and several elements of skill, while not being as hardcore as HoN or Dota 2, it's much easier to get into it and learn how to play with a smoother learning curve.

15. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

Do you think it will survive the market? SMITE is pretty decent also but it doesn't attract that many players though. Maybe I could be wrong.

16. Refreshes

Refreshes Member

I think this game will turn out like Infinite Crisis. That MOBA didn't last long and technically didn't get much publicity at all. MOBAs need to stop being created because all people want to play are LoL, DOTA2, and Smite. They aren't going to profit by making a MOBA when long-term trends have been established.

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I like how the gameplay looks, quite challenging. Not many MOBA succeed, but this one seems it's gonna catch on.