New PvP map screenshots

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by Knives, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

awesome pictures, looks quite misty.

1 person likes this.
  2. Caledon

Caledon Teef

Photos look awesome!

I plan on turning the fog off, though, if it's an option. I don't see why anybody would leave it on, tbh, if given a choice.

3. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

That's a nice map, though it does look small. Can't really tell with all that fog lol.

Hmm fog in games make me feel more immersed but it could leave you at a disadvantage so it would be disabled. If there is fog in a PVP environment then wouldn't it be enabled for all players to keep the playing field even? That's how some other games have it in these situations.

4. Caledon

Caledon Teef

That thought occurred to me as well, the inability to disable the fog, but then I considered individual computer specs and lag. I'm not sure if ANet would prohibit the disabling of an environmental affect that could/will hinder the performance of certain PCs, especially considering that affects, like shadows, are consistent causes of performance problems from game to game. Either way, I'm fine with it. I'll disable it if I can and, if not, I'll enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

The map does seem a bit small with different elevations and plenty of cover. EDIT: Although, looking more closely, it seems the map might be pretty large... It's hard to scale everything, but if you keep in mind that the last picture is the foggy area in the first picture, it'll put things into perspective. The gate for the red team also gives an idea of the map's scale, which does seem to be a decent size.

1 person likes this.
  5. Unknown

If its permanent then there should be settings to effect the quality of it. It looks like in the first picture the fog there is part of the map, making it difficult to view whats there on purpose. I have a strong feeling we wont be able to disable the fog completely since they're showing it in a PvP environment.

6. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

don't think we'll be able to disable it. I really like how they have the fog implemented though it really looks nice in the environment. Well done to arena-net.

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Anyone know if those flags can be changed to represent a guild? That would be awesome.

8. Caledon

Caledon Teef

I don't think so. From my understanding the screens are of a Conquest map, and the flags just represent the two teams. It would be cool if a guild's emblem could be displayed on keep flags in WvW though.

1 person likes this.
  9. Knives

Knives Well-Known Member

that would be real cool, but them not having guild halls makes me think they wont do such things yet.

10. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

niiiiiiceeee !!!! aaaaaaaaah Beta weekends here i come!!! i need to start review games on youtube so i can get press pass or get work from finnish game reviewers :cool:

11. Unknown

What do those lights beaming out into the sky represent?

12. Caledon

Caledon Teef

I think they point to the capture points. Once a team captures a point, the beam of light will turn that team's color??

EDIT: Guessing ^

13. Terminator

I am pretty sure, I can't find any of the videos right now but if you take a look at the pvp videos i'm sure you'll see them.

14. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

i wonder if there is an open NDA at press closed beta or atleast let some people share some spesific part of the beta :cool:

15. Brains

Brains Well-Known Member

Hope this isn't at max graphics, it may seem nice to you guys but it's nothing that blows me away.

16. Terminator

It's likely we haven't even seen what the game can look like max graphics other than trailers.

17. colemansuh

colemansuh New Member

I just finished watching Akaneiro Iro ni Somaru Saka and I loved it. Though I really wish that the inverters would make another season in which yuuhi ends up marrying junichi. I would really love daisuke ;-. Whats it thoughts guys and gals on this topic