New blocks

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by useruseruser, Mar 30, 2014.

1. useruseruser

useruseruser Well-Known Member

What new blocks would you like in the game?. I think the game is lacking game blocks for design so I want to know what you guys think.

2. Clanky

Clanky Well-Known Member

I don't think that the game is lacking blocks. Minecraft should be simple, that's why I guess. But yeah, I'd really like to have some more TNT, better TNT, lava TNT and stuff. I love the More Explosives mods, so I think it would be great for me if it came with the game. Also some new ores or obisidian tools.

3. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaint Well-Known Member

I agree, it doesn't really feel like Minecraft is lacking in block styles. If there was anything I could add, maybe it would be colored glass panes instead of the regular kind.

4. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if we could get uranium blocks and use it to create nuclear explosions. It would especially be useful if you want to get rid of a giant area of blocks.

5. Azurix

Azurix Well-Known Member

Minecraft is definitely not lacking in blocks, however it is possible to get more creative with the blocks. I think more explosive blocks would be fun! Seeing the explosions in Minecraft is one of my favorite things about the game.

6. johnftaylor

johnftaylor Well-Known Member

I think the blocks in minecraft are already pretty good, mainly because they actually encourage people to make use of the limited blocks available to create something really amazing. Adding specific blocks like tables, lamps and such with a pre designed model will ruin the creativity that goes into creating each structure. Another thing is that minecraft shines because of the many things you can do with certain blocks. Let's take for an example, will you like a pre designed model of an apple or a giant apple completely moulded and shaped out of tons of red wool? Obviously its the latter. So what I will suggest is adding more simple blocks, such as more colours of wool (or a customizable wool system where the player can choose the desired colour from a palette), or more types of natural rocks (Some will be coming out in the 1.8 update :)).

7. JackHaal

JackHaal Well-Known Member

The type of blocks that I really want are blocks that are more aesthetic and decorative. I remember that there was this mod which added 'particle' blocks in - blocks that would emit emerald, water, fire and some other types of particles. It was awesome, seriously.

8. TheCleric12

TheCleric12 Active Member

I think maybe Minecraft could simplify their redstone system even further. Maybe make built-in logic gates, instead of having people build it and try to figure it out later on. I think Minecraft is really awesome in having redstone in the first place though, so whatever they decide to do with it, I'll be fine with it. I know they'll make good choices with it.

9. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

I'd say that any more blocks would make it too complicated relative to the nature of the game.

I like it the way it is in that regard.

10. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I think that more blocks would make the game much better. There's mods out there where there's much more blocks to choose from. Sure the game might be a little bit more complicated, but it makes it much more different. There would be more choices to choose from, which is what I really would like! But as for the blocks specifically, I don't really know what they should add. Perhaps more types of wood would be nice.